- Stack Overflow Public questions & answers
- Stack Overflow for Teams Where developers & technologists share private knowledge with coworkers
- Talent Build your employer brand
- Advertising Reach developers & technologists worldwide
- About the company
Collectives™ on Stack Overflow
Find centralized, trusted content and collaborate around the technologies you use most.
Q&A for work
Connect and share knowledge within a single location that is structured and easy to search.
I just pulled my app up to edge rails. I've fixed most compatibility issues, however tests are now giving errors like this:
The first time this occurred, I added gem 'rails-controller-testing' to my Gemfile in the :test group and ran bundle . According to this process, the gem is now installed at version 0.0.3 , however I am getting the same errors. How do I resolve them?
- can you please attach your gemfile? – Rahul May 11, 2016 at 10:31
Try adding this in spec_helper.rb
Sign up or log in, post as a guest.
Required, but never shown
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged ruby-on-rails testing rubygems or ask your own question .
- The Overflow Blog
- How Intuit democratizes AI development across teams through reusability sponsored post
- The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie...
- Featured on Meta
- We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup
- Launching the CI/CD and R Collectives and community editing features for...
- Staging Ground Beta 1 Recap, and Reviewers needed for Beta 2
- The [amazon] tag is being burninated
- Temporary policy: ChatGPT is banned
Hot Network Questions
- Can I tell police to wait and call a lawyer when served with a search warrant?
- How do you get out of a corner when plotting yourself into a corner
- Do roots of these polynomials approach the negative of the Euler-Mascheroni constant?
- Confusion About Entropy
- Can airtags be tracked from an iMac desktop, with no iPhone?
- Why are trials on "Law & Order" in the New York Supreme Court?
- What is the correct way to screw wall and ceiling drywalls?
- How do you ensure that a red herring doesn't violate Chekhov's gun?
- Short story taking place on a toroidal planet or moon involving flying
- Is there a proper earth ground point in this switch box?
- Why are Suriname, Belize, and Guinea-Bissau classified as "Small Island Developing States"?
- ERROR: CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW ... WITH DATA cannot be executed from a function
- The difference between the phonemes /p/ and /b/ in Japanese
- Why do many companies reject expired SSL certificates as bugs in bug bounties?
- Biodiversity through radiation
- ncdu: What's going on with this second size column?
- Can archive.org's Wayback Machine ignore some query terms?
- Tips for golfing in SVG
- Is it correct to use "the" before "materials used in making buildings are"?
- Theoretically Correct vs Practical Notation
- Redoing the align environment with a specific formatting
- If you preorder a special airline meal (e.g. vegan) just to try it, does this inconvenience the caterers and staff?
- Is there a single-word adjective for "having exceptionally strong moral principles"?
- What can a lawyer do if the client wants him to be acquitted of everything despite serious evidence?
- No suggested jump to results
Have a question about this project? Sign up for a free GitHub account to open an issue and contact its maintainers and the community.
By clicking “Sign up for GitHub”, you agree to our terms of service and privacy statement . We’ll occasionally send you account related emails.
Already on GitHub? Sign in to your account
"assigns" in integration test not working #28
mahemoff commented Oct 7, 2016 • edited
rafaelfranca commented Oct 7, 2016
Sorry, something went wrong.
mahemoff commented Oct 8, 2016
- 👍 2 reactions
rafaelfranca commented Oct 21, 2016
Mahemoff commented oct 27, 2016.
Xosmond commented Dec 16, 2016
No branches or pull requests
- GitLab: the DevOps platform
- Explore GitLab
- Install GitLab
- How GitLab compares
- Get started
- GitLab docs
- GitLab Learn
- Talk to an expert
- What's new 5
- Community forum
- Keyboard shortcuts ?
- Submit feedback
- Contribute to GitLab
[Rails5] Extraction of some helper methods to rails-controller-testing
Per the upgrade guide to Rails 5..
assigns and assert_template have been extracted to the rails-controller-testing gem. To continue using these methods in your controller tests, add gem 'rails-controller-testing' to your Gemfile.
We have many instances of using assigns within the specs.
To continue using these methods in your controller tests, add gem 'rails-controller-testing' to your Gemfile.
If you are using Rspec for testing, please see the extra configuration required in the gem's documentation.
More than 3 years have passed since last update.
posted at 2018-06-03
Rails5の勉強 : assignsについて
コントローラのテストについて勉強してたよ． 前回と同じくRuby on Rails 4.2 に基づいた本でやってるからこういったエラーが出るんだよね... 今回は変数 @articles を取り出そうとassignsメソッドを使おうとしたよ．
実行したコマンド bin/rake test TEST=test/controllers/articles_controller_test.rb
これを入れろって言われた． gem 'rails-controller-testing'
Register as a new user and use Qiita more conveniently
- You get articles that match your needs
- You can efficiently read back useful information
Terms in this set (23)
Students also viewed, anth 2202 unit 1.
ANT 252 Exam Study Guide
Mining + fossil fuels.
Human eco 11
Sets found in the same folder
Ch. 12 apes, apes chapter 20.
APES chapter 4
Other sets by this creator
English vocab, todo spain vocabulary, ch. 3 & 5 test, verified questions.
Summarize how fungi are classified.
The following loop is supposed co delete all nodes from a linked list and release the memory that they occupy. Unfortunately, the loop is incorrect. Explain what's wrong with it and show how to fix the bug.
The ________ logical operator works best when testing a number to determine if it is outside a range.
The Pap test is an important diagnostic test for women. Test your understanding of this diagnostic test by answering these questions. Select the correct answer for each question.
The optimal time to perform a Pap smear is __________ days after the last menstrual period.
Recommended textbook solutions
Environmental Science for AP
Environmental Science: A Global Concern
Principles of Environmental Science
Other quizlet sets, apes vocab - chapter 23.
Assigns has been extracted to a gem. Use gem 'rails-controller-testing'. Is there an alternative for the gem? Ask Question Asked 4 years, 3 months ago Modified 1 year, 7 months ago Viewed 1k times 2 I am writing some tests for a controller tasks, the index action, which has an instance variable @tasks with all the tasks ( Task.all ).
NoMethodError: assigns has been extracted to a gem. To continue using it, add `gem 'rails-controller-testing'` to your Gemfile. The first time this occurred, I added gem 'rails-controller-testing' to my Gemfile in the :test group and ran bundle.
`assigns` and `assert_template` have been removed and extracted to a gem in Rails 5. · Issue #1393 · rspec/rspec-rails · GitHub Public Sponsor Notifications Code Issues Pull requests Discussions Projects Security Insights New issue Closed JonRowe opened this issue on Jun 12, 2015 · 18 comments Member JonRowe commented on Jun 12, 2015
NoMethodError: assigns has been extracted to a gem. To continue using it, add `gem 'rails-controller-testing'` to your Gemfile. I notice the integration test here doesn't include assigns , is it supported?
assigns and assert_template have been extracted to the rails-controller-testing gem. To continue using these methods in your controller tests, add gem 'rails-controller-testing' to your Gemfile. If you are using RSpec for testing, please see the extra configuration required in the gem's documentation. 7.5.2 New behavior when uploading files
# File actionpack/lib/action_dispatch/testing/test_process.rb, line 30 def assigns (key = nil) raise NoMethodError, "assigns has been extracted to a gem. To continue ...
Per the upgrade guide to Rails 5.. assigns and assert_template have been extracted to the rails-controller-testing gem. To continue...
To continue using it, add `gem 'rails-controller-testing'` to your Gemfile. test/controllers/articles_controller_test.rb:8:in `block in ' bin/rails test test/controllers/articles_controller_test.rb:4 E Error: (中略) Finished in 0.406940s, 4.9147 runs/s, 2.4574 assertions/s. 2 runs, 1 assertions, 0 failures, 2 errors, 0 skips …
Definition. 1 / 23. Coltan contains tantalum which is a metal used in cell phones. Highly heat resistant and readily conducts energy. Democrat Republic of the Congo - where mining takes place by dirt poor miners. In midst of a rebel war - terrorists. High demand for Coltan resulted in Congolese men to be forced into the industry.