Top 10 Research Topics from 2022
Posted on December 9, 2022 by Frontiers Communications in Research topics , Top News // 0 Comments
Find the answers to your biggest research questions from 2022. With collective views of over 3.2 million, researchers explored topics spanning from vaccine safety and psychedelic therapy to quaternary fossils and antiviral plants .
1. Viral diseases
37 articles | 499,000 views
Uncovering the countermeasures, molecular virology, and pathogenesis of emerging and re-emerging viruses
2. Exploring sound
23 articles | 442,000 views
Exploring the fascinating world of sound and how it benefits and causes problems to people, other animals, and our environment
3. Neurodegenerative diseases
19 articles | 387,000 views
Examining the effect of bioactive compounds, diet, and lifestyle factors on neurodegenerative disease phenotypes
4. Psychedelic therapy
22 articles | 346,000 views
Understanding how the social and relational effects of psychedelic use impact therapeutic outcomes
5. Circadian rhythms
6 articles | 335,000 views
Demonstrating why time-of-day is an important factor in maximizing the health benefits of exercise and physical activity for disease prevention and treatment
6. Covid-19 insights
84 articles | 320,000 views
Focusing on new insights, novel developments, current challenges, latest discoveries, recent advances, and future perspectives in the field of COVID-19
7. Vaccine safety
10 articles | 244,000 views
Novel approaches to balance vaccine efficacy and safety by addressing increased pro-inflammatory immune responses and their effects on other biological systems
8. Spirituality and healthcare
16 articles | 242,000 views
Evaluating the intersections between spirituality and healthcare in all their manifestations, either secular or religious ones, alongside their consequent clinical implication
9. Antiviral plants
16 articles | 208,000 views
Demonstrating the clinical application of plant products in the management of viral infection
10. Quaternary fossils
4 articles | 144,000 views
Discovering the geological and paleoecological processes that lead to the formation of Quaternary fossil accumulations and recognizing the impact of taphonomic processes on the paleobiological and paleoecological information contained within these deposits
Shape the future of your field
Become a guest editor of an article collection around your own research theme. Benefit from increased impact and discoverability, a dedicated platform and support team, and rigorous peer review for every paper.
Suggest your topic
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Research topics
Copyright © 2023 Powered by WordPress.com .
Best 70+ Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2022
Students’ lives are frequently occupied with multiple things at the same time. Youngsters have a lot of things on their minds and finding the right research paper ideas can be much harder than probably expected. Writing, in general, is an occupation that receives a lot of interest from students recently. It could be the case that the current situation with global pandemic forces people to open up their minds and search for creativity. On the other hand, it may be the case that they are finding it interesting as well as an educative thing to work on. Who knows? Overall, it is a highly represented niche among the understudies.
However, issues start when topics should be considered. With this in mind, the fact that many students will search for the companies that write research papers online isn’t something out of the ordinary. If you are among them, luckily, we are here to help you. Besides the list of research paper topics, we will provide you with useful tips about what things you should consider while writing your topics too.
What You Should Think About While Writing a Research Paper?
To dedicate yourself completely to writing research project ideas, it will be of huge importance to know a few little tricks that all professionals are regularly using. Let’s see what we have under our sleeve ready to be discovered!
1. Write About Things That Meet Your Interests
Before we get to the list of research topics, you should be aware of the fact that writing about something you don’t understand or like may not be the right thing to do. Do you wonder why? Well, the results probably won’t be satisfying.
While conducting research papers, writing topics that interest you will have much bigger value, purpose, and credibility which is very important in this matter. Furthermore, you will find the motivation to write much easier too. Having a lack of inspiration is never a good sign in writing. So, if you write things just to be written, you will not achieve anything positive.
2. Consider Your Level of Experience
In a writing world, inexperienced ones never have good results. Simply, if you don’t possess a certain level of experience, you can’t adapt to new topics or the requirements that might be asked of you to accomplish. In order to work on the topics to research, you must know various things and have previous texts written. If not, there is a high probability that you will fail to submit the tasks worthy of admiration.
3. Think About the Readers
One of the things that surely make a research paper valuable is its readers. You must be thinking about what they expect to read in your texts as well as their potential interests. The audience means everything to writers and without them, your texts will be no more than empty words arranged on a piece of paper. Readers are the ones that provide you with necessary critiques you can learn from as well as applaud you for the good work done. Have that in mind all the time!
4. Search for Reputable Information Only
Something that characterizes high-quality research papers is reputable information that will lead you to the best possible conclusions. You can always look for pieces of advice at websites like Betterwritingservices and use writing services from the Internet. But that won’t have much worth as you will not know to execute information, they will provide you with. Instead, explore on your own and find the data that has a proven reputation. Once you do it, your research papers will be far better.
5. Let Your Research Papers Be Approved by Your Educator
The last step we will cover about what makes a research paper so interesting will be related to allowing your teacher to approve your texts. If you are a student, it would be much better if you listen to what your educator has to say about your ideas. In the best case, you should find a balance between your ideas and make out something unique, like a combination of two topics, for example. So, if you are interested in research topics for English, while your teacher requires something different, just make it a unit and combine the topics. It is as simple as that.
70+ Ideas for Research Paper Topics
Now that you know all these beneficial facts about research paper writing, it’s time to make a list of 70+ ideas for research paper topics that you can consider writing about. We will separate them by niches so it will be easier for you to find what interests you.
- What are the benefits of being vaccinated for Covid 19 ?
- How do doctors prepare themselves for operation?
- What is the purpose of medical cannabis?
- Pros and cons of taking the anti-baby pills
- Professional analysis of HIV
- How does the global pandemic affect the medicine systems?
- How do medications affect headaches?
- What should be done to prevent people from dying from cancer?
- What are the most advanced medical tools?
- Is healthcare different for every region?
- What proves the existence of something divine?
- How does Pope approach sexual scandals within the Catholic church?
- What are the reasons for the split of Orthodox churches back in 1054?
- How do the media describe Muslims after the 9/11 famous airplane crash?
- What causes people to believe or be atheistic?
- What caused the rise of the Roman Empire?
- How did Genghis Khan manage to get all Mongolian tribes together?
- What are the reasons for the fall of the Nazis?
- How Roman aqueducts were functioning?
- Why have so many American presidents got assassinated?
- Why did Hiroshima and Nagasaki have to be so cruelly punished?
- Stories behind the Greek mythology
- What was the exact magnitude of the famous Hurricane Katrina?
- Why do so many youngsters use mobile phones as their main source of fun?
- How did the first PCs get invented?
- Are we approaching a complete overhaul by artificial intelligence?
- Have robots been made only to serve us?
- When will we make machines that can be coordinated just with our thoughts?
- What is the influence of the Internet?
- What are the reasons for social medias’ huge impact on peoples’ behavior today?
- Can the use of mobile phones increase the productivity of the students?
- What is the influence of artificial intelligence in modern schools?
- What tools can be used in educational institutions today?
- What is better: Online teaching or going to school regularly?
- How should teachers approach students?
- Will practicing any particular subject help students become better at it?
- Should grading be stricter in the future or the measures must be relieved?
- What is the current situation with the number of graduates in Europe?
- How does alcohol affect the heartbeat?
- Will our pulse increase because of the cocaine?
- Is there a place where marijuana is legal?
- What are the side effects of methamphetamine?
- Is it better to drink wine or beer?
- The impact of nicotine on peoples’ bodies?
- Is drinking while driving a thing to tolerate?
- What are the places with the cleanest air?
- Should forests be cut?
- What does cutting wood bring to society?
- Will oceans eventually cover the whole earth?
- How many lakes have an inhabitable environment?
- Constant climate changes
- How are hurricanes being created?
- What causes a certain number of raindrops to fall from the sky?
- Can people get ill from smog in the air?
- What causes certain men to be so violent towards women?
- Who owns the right to take the kids after the divorce?
- Children abuse
- The values of every family
- What is the impact of a neighborhood on a family?
- Relationship between husband and wife
- Pros and cons of marriage
- Why do men always propose to girls?
- Why do people love each other?
- Why are women considered prettier than males?
- What animal species are protected from killing?
- What is the purpose of the Zoo?
- How should people treat animals?
- Animal rights
- The role of pets within families
- Is it legal to use animals in a circus?
And our list is completed! If you consider it valuable, maybe it will make you write more research papers. Why not? Try using some of the topics above!
Darwinessay.Net – The Best Service to Find a Pro Essay Writer
New Apprenticeship to Support Management and Leaderships Skills
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment.
Click on the Image to view the Magazine
- +1-352-443-8326 [email protected]
Top 200 Interesting Research Paper Topics
Sep 6, 2022 | Research Paper | 0 comments
This blog will explore the top 200 interesting research paper topics. Students need to write a variety of academic writings such as essays, term papers, reports, articles, paragraphs, and so on for academic success.
You will be required to work on a research paper throughout college and during the latter part of high school . It holds more weightage for college students and major universities. It also helps in molding your future life choices. Know more about the type of research papers here.
Choosing a topic for your research paper sounds easy, right? Then why are we urgently emphasizing the topic? Choose the right research paper topic to do well throughout your research paper. You need to make sure that you find interesting research paper topics. There will be many research paper ideas, but choosing the best research paper topic is up to you. Like you can also select the best and most Controversial topics for teenagers to discuss in your school.
Don’t worry! We will assist and guide you in finding just the right topic for your research paper for your graduate and professional degrees. Explore here 200 great research paper topics to score better .
If you want to opt for the Research Paper Writing Service , click here.
Table of Contents
What is a Research Paper?
In layman terms, a research paper is like an essay in which you study a particular topic and explain what you have learned from the in-depth research.
In professional terms a research paper is about doing a comprehensive study or research about a particular topic and analyzing it to develop relevant findings. Based on background information or data from sources such as books, articles, interviews, and internet sites.
Writing a perfect research paper requires extensive researc h and investigation of interesting ideas to find relevant supporting arguments.
There are different types and purposes for writing a research paper. It could be a doctoral dissertation, a thesis for master-level students, or an independent term paper. However, the importance of good research topics remains the same in all of the stated researches.
Get detailed knowledge on How To Develop Research Paper Topics and Make Teachers Love That .
What Makes a Good Research Paper Topics Ideas ?
One usually looks for easy research paper topics, but easiness should not be the only factor for your choice of research paper topics. There are many factors that make a good research paper topic.
Apparently, not all research paper topics hold equal prominence, subject value, or weightage. As we stated, an easy topic is not the only thing that matters for a good research topic and the overall paper. It should be a significant subject that holds importance.
Therefore, you should focus on choosing interesting and unique research paper topics. At the same time , you also must ensure that the topic of your research paper is not uncommon to the extent that you find it challenging to garner the knowledge. Get the perfect definition of externship vs internship.
A good research paper topics are the ones that hold some importance in terms of the category of the topic chosen. It should address the situation that people find interesting or could relate to. Besides, if you are a student writing a research paper for a particular class or subject, the topic should be relevant or connected to the subject.
Explore the best experts who will take my online class .
How Can I Choose a Good Topic for My Research Papers?
To understand what makes good research paper topics, consider these three points while deciding on the research titles.
Prefer Topics of Personal Interest
While brainstorming for suitable research paper topics, it would be better and easier for you to select a topic that you are personally passionate about. A topic of your personal interest would allow you to work better on your research paper. It will also make the work less hectic.
You will be motivated to run in-depth research about your topic and garner more and more relevant information. That will enhance your own knowledge as well as your research paper. It is not necessary for you to go for a trending topic. It is always better to go with your gut and work on the topic you are interested in. Even if you choose funny research paper topics, it will work too. So are you excited about your first day of college ? Get some helpful tips to make it memorable and the best day of your college life.
Choose a Topic With Enough Information Available
Any topic you choose will go to waste if there is not enough relevant information about it. Even if you end up with one of the excellent topics, you will not be able to write a good research paper if there are no sources available. As a result, you won’t produce a good research paper if it lacks enough relevant sources or background information to back your research paper on.
This can happen to any kind of topic, but usually, the problem arises with new topics as there is not much information available . Therefore, it is recommended to do a little research or web surfing before finalizing your research paper topics to check if there is enough information available for the same.
It Abides by the Guidelines
The research paper topics you have shortlisted should abide by the guidelines your educator, school, or college provides . Therefore, make sure to properly go through the given procedures and consider them while choosing the best topic for your research study. You can choose some good expository essay topics for writing essays in your school and college with the help of this post.
Important Tips For Good Research Essay Topics
Selecting good topics for research papers is the important stage. Below you will go through the best research topics for high school and research topics for college students 2022. Here are some additional tips to select a topic for research papers.
- Relevant Topic: Out of the shortlisted research paper topics, chose the appropriate topic for potential readers.
- Clear Objective: The objectives and the expected results of your study should be focused and clear. Your topic should clearly state what the research paper is about and what it aims to find.
- Significance: A good research paper topic should hold significance/value and impact on your field of study—or the community as a whole.
- Trending Topics: Topics in talks currently or trending or controversial topics usually grab more viewers/readers. Trending research paper topics certainly develop more interest among readers .
Now you know how to devise research topic ideas. You must be excited to go to the interesting research paper topics for high school students. But, before that, let’s discuss how to write a topic statement.
How to Write a Topic Statement for a Research Paper?
While we are studying research paper topics , it is also essential to learn what a topic statement is about. As the name topic sentence suggests, it is a statement or sentence that specifies the topics of the research paper, or any essay for that matter. It is given not only at the beginning of a research paper but throughout the paper.
A topic statement of a research paper prominently includes two key things. Firstly, the topic of the paragraph and the central point of the paragraph. Secondly, it introduces the reader to the section’s content, works as transitions between the paragraphs, and shows connections between your points.
Moreover, a topic statement in a research paper can also be used to build a well-structured argument. A topic statement certainly holds importance in the writing process of a research paper.
If you want to write a topic statement for a research paper, go through the following steps :
Give a Thesis Statement
To develop topic statements, one must begin with giving a thesis statement. It is essential for the entire research paper, not only for a topic statement. It basically sums up the whole purpose and arguments of your research paper topics. In simple words, we can state that a thesis statement provides a topic statement for the entire research paper.
Create an Outline to Draft Topic Statements
The next step here is to make an outline to give a proper structure to your research paper. You can also prepare your topic statements for different topics or paragraphs of your research while making an outline for your entire research paper.
It is essential to back your topic statements and new paragraphs carrying a new topic with robust evidence to prove your stance. Hence, you should expand your topic statement to the point of providing examples, arguments, evidence, data, standardized tests, etc. It helps in expressing the central idea of your research paper.
Revise and Refine your Topic Statement
It can be easy work to write topic statements. But, one should always revise the statement to make sure it concisely describe what you wanted it to convey. Proofreading before submitting research papers is always a sign of professional writers. As it helps you keep the mistakes away and do clear writing.
Here is the Checklist To Write A Research Paper Conclusion .
How to Introduce a Topic in a Research Paper?
Selection of research paper topics does take a lot of effort and brainstorming. You surely would not want all that to go to waste. Therefore, it is also essential to give a proper introduction to the topic of your research paper. You are required to state its significance and clarify for the readers why your research paper is interesting or important. Hence, you must give a strong opening hook to your research paper.
As we all know, a hook is something that entices the reader’s attention and keeps them involved in the study. In terms of research paper writing, a hook is a striking opening sentence that successfully conveys your topic’s relevance and significance.
The two most essential things in an introduction for your topic are clarity and relevance. The primary goal of a good introduction is to guide the reader into your topic and situate your good ideas.
To successfully introduce a topic in your research paper, make sure you give a thesis statement. Make sure your introduction concisely includes all the relevant points regarding your topic, its significance, impacts, and what your research aims to find.
An introduction is a part where you give your hypothesis as well. Hypothesis basically is the assumptions made by the writer and to find out in the end whether the hypothesis was proven to be true or false based on your research and analysis. Pay Someone To Take My Online Class and impress your tutors.
How to Write a Research Paper?
The first and foremost step is the selection of the research paper topics. Then conduct in-depth research, which provides the while body and content for your research paper. The more comprehensive research, the better. You get insightful and relevant evidence, data, and arguments to prove your stance. You can take information from journals, e-reports, newspapers, research papers, books, reports, surveys conducted by an official organization, etc.
The next step is to build an outline or a rough draft of your research paper on the basis of procured information from the extensive research. An outline helps in giving a proper structure to your work and avoids any mistakes or confusion while writing the final draft. The traditional outline of any kind of paper or essay structure usually includes an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
However, a research paper has additional elements, including Method, Results, Discussion, and Analysis. Creating an outline before writing your research paper with these elements helps you organize and understand what part goes where .
After writing the entire paper and adding all the relevant information, evidence, data, and analysis, give a compelling conclusion and cite the sources in your bibliography. The last step is to proofread and revise the entire work. Check whether you have missed any point or if any sections require the addition or subtraction of the content.
Look for proper citation and check the paper for spelling and grammatical errors. Also, make sure that your proper follows goes about a structure to avoid any confusion or chaos for you and for the reader. Moreover, if you are unable to write your research paper for any reason, you can avail of writing service that offer to write your research paper for you.
200 Best Research Paper Topics 2022
Although we have gone through how one should choose research paper topics, we also promised you an example of research paper topics.
Here are some of the research topic ideas in all categories, from history research paper topics to arts and literature, that you can choose to write your research paper.
It’s time to explore interesting research topics for high school students and good research topics for college students.
College Research Paper Topic Idea
These unique research topics for college students help them secure good grades.
- Impact of Pandemic on the college Students
- Drug & alcohol abuse among college students
- Analysis of the increasing rate of suicide among college students.
- High rates of pregnancy among college girls
- A college student’s right to choose courses
- Should college students skip useless classes?
- College education and funding/scholarship programs
- Participation of college students in college athletics
- Sex Education in Colleges and inclusion of same-sex classrooms
- Opportunities for a student with learning disabilities in college
High School Research Paper Topic Ideas
The interesting topics to research for high school students impress tutors and peers.
- Quality of Sex Education in High Schools
- Should smartphones be allowed for students in the education system?
- Fear of school shooting in high school students
- The problems associated with bullying in high school
- Counseling for high school students struggling with mental health issues
- Bilingual education compared to the traditional approach of education systems
- Should prayers be a part of the high school morning assembly?
- Comparison of public high schools and private high schools.
- Internships programs for students in high school
- Why do people study foreign languages?
Psychology Research Paper Topics for College Students
These research essay topics for psychology students help create a powerful impact on the readers.
- Impact of homeschooling on the psychological growth of a child?
- Psychology of a criminal mind
- Are mental health issues really being taken seriously?
- Attention Deficit Disorder: What to look for?
- Increase in depression during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Eating disorders and their impact on community & childhood obesity
- What makes a Sociopath: psychological roots
- How are modern asylums better than traditional ones?
- The psychology behind physical attraction
- Gender Psychology
Science Research Paper Topics
Here is the list of the top 10 research topics for your science essays.
- Stem Cell Research: Role in medical treatments
- Plastic Waste and its Cons: the global disadvantages of plastic waste
- Making of the COVID-19 Vaccines throughout the world
- Natural Resources: How can organic farming lead the path to agricultural success?
- The science behind the connection of diet and longevity
- Science and technology: Savior of the world during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Scientific Explanation behind IVF: How does it impact the baby
- Investigate the benefits of Forensic Science Technology
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on global warming and climate change
- New findings for Cancer Biology
Religion and Literature Research Paper Topics
Research topics 2022 of religion and literature help you put your ideas strongly.
- Pope’s amendments of Church laws
- The LGBTQ+ community and Religion
- Meaning of Religion in modern culture
- Change in religious beliefs of people due to COVID-19 pandemics
- Who is an agnostic?
- Impact of Religion on culture and vice versa
- What does Gen Z understand by Religion?
- Is the practice of going to Church important in Christianity?
- Should Bible be viewed as literature?
- Oppression of women in Religion
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
Best research paper topic ideas for argumentative essays to get top scores.
- Can athletes be good role models?
- Who to blame for homelessness!
- What should be the ideal age for alcohol consumption?
- Body language matters in every aspect
- Why you should support euthanasia in medical practice
- The necessity of revoking the driving license
- The Internet makes modern people popular and smarter
- Significance of free treatment for HIV infected people
- Regulation of information on the Internet by the federals
- The need for animal protection is more than you think
Good US History Research Paper Topics
Explore the list of research topics on US history and impress your instructors.
- Role of women in the US history
- The social history of American Agriculture
- Historical perspectives on the culture of America
- How have Presidential Campaigns changed in the USA?
- Approaches & explanations of American politics
- History of Immigrants moved to the USA
- Impact of Native American Culture
- Role of America in World War?
- Impacts of Industrialization on social movements of the Americans
- USA: The Era of the Great Depression
Human Rights & Human Resource Paper Topics
Explore research project ideas on the human rights and resource for best scores.
- Gender Discrimination in the workplace: the most significant issue of some contemporary companies
- Maintenance of diversity at the workplace
- Discussion about China’s one-child policy
- Stress-related to work and how to get rid of it
- Benefits programs for employees that every business is obligated to provide
- The relation of employees’ wages and their productivity
- Ways businesses can adequately deal with sexual harassment complaints
- The problem of Human Trafficking in 21st century
- Revisiting the Holocaust and its prevalent impacts in today’s Society
- Are people able to avail human rights easily?
Law Enforcement Topics for Research Paper
Research essay examples on law enforcement to impress your readers.
- Reasons why people around the world feel the racial injustice even with law enforcement
- Gender discrimination in law enforcement and regulations in place
- Corruption among the employees of law in the past few decades
- Changes required in the process of assisting officers
- What are the typical offenses committed by juveniles
- What is the impact of racial profiling on the riots
- Efficacy of laws for prevention of cyberbullying
- Is the current training period for a police officer to train enough?
- Measures that should be taken during mass emergencies
- Types and working of detonating explosive equipment
Business Research Paper Topics
The perfect term paper topics on business and related fields.
- How is a business idea turned into a successful start-up?
- How businesses deal with sexual harassment in the working environment
- Impact of creative marketing in enhancing sales
- Most successful businesses of 21st century
- Future of business world after the COVID-19 pandemic
- How should business leaders prepare for 2022
- Importance of small businesses in the market
- Enforcement of workplace law across businesses
- Impact of Globalization in the business of 21st century
- Is corporate abuse real? Importance of business ethics
Economics Research Paper Topics
Explore sample research paper topics in the field of economy.
- Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the world economy
- COVID-19 and its impact on the economy of the nation
- Improvement in the quality go-lives in the third world countries
- A guide for demand and supply analysis
- Difference between balanced and unbalanced growth
- Investigate factors leading to inflation and ways to manage it
- Understanding Property Rights
- Impacts of Immigration on the economy of a country
- History of income disparity
- Concept of National Income
Arts Research Paper Topics
These creative research paper topics will surely engage your audience.
- The distinction in art from the Italian Renaissance and the Northern Renaissance.
- Impact of famous artists on the world
- Changing the meaning of expression through art
- Emergence and prominence of gothic and non-gothic art
- Discuss the comparison between Nazi and Soviet art
- Difference between traditional music and classical music
- Impact of Globalization in contemporary art
- Significance of art in protests
- Printmaking: History and Technique
- Biblical significance in Leonardo Da Vinci’s paintings
Middle School Research Paper Topics
Term paper ideas for middle school students to submit quality papers.
- Protection of Environment
- Impact of mobile phones on middle school students
- Hardships of an introvert child in middle school
- Importance of sex education in middle school
- Introduction of social issues to students in middle school
- Guide for teachers on how to teach middle school students
- Situation and condition of middle school in your locality
- Participation of middle school students in extra-curricular activities
- Problems faced by students in middle school
- What do middle school students expect from high school?
Philosophy Research Paper Topics
- The modern definition of Love
- What is the concept of Eternity?
- Why do people lie?
- Meaning of happiness for different people
- Changing the meaning of a happy life
- Concept of Dystopia
- Is Utopia real?
- Peace and War
- The idea of life after death
- Changing beauty standards
Healthcare Research Paper Topics/ Health Research Paper Topics
- Efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines
- Side effects of different vaccines for COVID-19
- Concept of Euthanasia
- Progress in the cure for AIDS
- Controversies around birth control
- The shift of people from fast food to organic food
- Long-lasting impacts after recovering from COVID-19
- Legalization of Steroids
- COVID-19 Vaccine for children
- History and Impact of HIV/AIDS
Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Role of low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets in weight loss?
- Efficacy of Dietary Supplements
- Aging and Nutrition
- Importance of diet in the prevention of chronic diseases
- Weight management
- Food and Public Policies
- How to encourage obese people to eat healthily
- WHO recommendations for healthy nutrient intake
- Maintenance of cholesterol for heart diseases
- Functions of different types of Vitamins
Technology Research Paper Topics
- How to protect children online from social media addiction
- Buzz around crypto-currencies
- Connection of social networks and businesses
- How technology saved the world during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Progress in technology for the benefit of disabled people
- Dealing with the issue of network security
- Howe robotics is changing the world
- Pros and Cons of Social network for the Society
- Virtual Reality: Substitute for actual reality
- Impact of violent video games on kids
Macroeconomics Research Paper Topics
- Status of unemployment in a country in the past few years
- Unemployment during the COVID-19 lockdown period
- Evolution of GDP in current times
- Indirect control of stock markets on inflation and deflation
- Failure of Crypto-currency in 2018
- Role of banks in the building the economy of a country
- Justification of concept of minimum wage
- Open and closed systems of offshore bank accounts work
- Efficacy of Taxation Policies
- Inflation and economic growth
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- Effects of divorce on children and child abuse
- Impact of foreign education on children’s success
- What social group do you belong to
- Working Women: all-female working environment
- History of women’s suffrage movement
- Addiction of social networks among people
- Sociology of Food
- Impact and efficacy of social movements
- Significance of communities and clans
- Race and Ethnicity
Biology Research Paper Topics
- Pros and Cons of gut bacteria
- Stem Cell Research: Mechanism of stem cell biology
- Biology of marine birds
- Plants and molecular biology
- Camouflage tendency in sea animals
- Natural disasters in the past few years
- Effects of DNA modifications on humans
- DNA structure and genetic disorders
- Study of Immunology and Transplantation
- Biology of COVID-19 and its strains
Fun Research Paper Topics
- Why distance learning is narrowing gaps
- Why administration devise college admission policies
- Do human cloning affect human behavior
- Education consultants were good students
- Why artificial intelligence is not real
- Gun related deaths were possible in Roman empire
- Do modern music help to create research questions ideas
- How social media affect human health
- How criminal justice affect illegal immigration policy
- Role of determination theory in world War II
Get The Best Research Topic Ideas Now
We understand students are busy with jobs, and additional life priorities. That makes it difficult to spare time to write an impressive research paper. Are you the one facing the similar difficulties? No more worries!
Just, mentions your research paper requirements on our platform. We will come up with the most affordable pricings. Once you are happy with our rates our expert writers start working on your papers.
Whether it is physical education, human health, educational system or any topic under the sky. You will get the customized, zero plagiarism, and quality paper for improved scores. You can connect with us any time during the entire process.
Research Paper plays an important role in achieving a good score in your academics. It holds great importance in school and college and throughout your life. It certainly is an achievement and works like a feather in the hat for further education and future opportunities.
We hope you find these articles and examples of research paper topics useful for your research work. If you want to outshine others in writing a research paper, go through all the necessary points, and you will surely achieve good grades based on your research paper.
A good research paper can lead you on your way towards success and score a good rank for a better future.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to find a topic for the research paper.
Review your course material and try to find hot issues in your field of study. Go for a walk or relax for some time to freshen up your mind. Take advice from your family and friends on the topic. Try to analyze the topic close to your heart. Also, read the background information of your favorites.
How to write a good research paper?
Select the topic of your interest and gather more information on it. Devise an engaging and informative thesis statement. Create a mind map of the rough outline and reread it. Review your thesis again and follow the perfect body structure as advised by your professors.
Where can I find the best research paper writing help?
Assignments4u is the leading platform that offers the best research paper help to school, college, and university students. You just need to mention your requirements the expert writers will craft a complete customized paper for you. The work will be delivered to your email.
What makes an engaging and good research paper?
Introduce the topic to your readers. Then present and describe the background that will help you establish your research problem. Specify your objective through the engaging thesis, so readers know what your paper is about. Map out your paper following university guidelines.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- What Is 2+2? Why Do Some People Think 2+ 2 = 5? - March 11, 2023
- How Many Pages Is 3000 Words? Get A Synopsis - February 3, 2023
- Speech Outline: Know The Detailed Format - January 16, 2023
What Is 2+2? Why Do Some People Think 2+ 2 = 5?
What Is 2+2? Is 2+2=5? The answer is different in different contexts. If you think logically and mathematically, the equation needs to be corrected. Even a child of the 2nd standard can say the answer. Some people still believe it is correct based on consensus...
What Is Alliteration? Discover Here With Its Types And Examples
You may not have heard "what is alliteration." However, you might have experienced it somewhere. An alliterative word or phrase is one of the best ways to make your speech or writing inspirational and fun. We will explain what is alliteration with examples to help you...
Emotive Language: Definition and Ultimate Guide
Any language is used to make the reader feel certain emotions. Emotive language is a powerful tool in persuasive writing that can sway readers to agree with you. But what are emotive language examples? Is it always effective? And how do you use the emotive version of...
Thesis Defense : Facts, Preparation Tips And Findings
Do you need help with the word “Thesis Defense”? Usually, it is the stage when a student has completed a research study that can clearly show its quality to the academia and is ready to talk about it in any forum. Graduates or PhD students usually write their thesis...
Browse By Category
- Accounting Assignment (2)
- Assignment Expert (9)
- Assignment Writing (9)
- Case Study (1)
- Citation Guides (1)
- Economics Assignment (1)
- Essay Help (8)
- Examination (1)
- Homework Help (4)
- Law Assignment (1)
- Marketing Assignment (3)
- MyMathLab (1)
- Nursing Assignment (1)
- Online Class (2)
- Physics Assignment (1)
- Programming Assignment (1)
- Research Paper (4)
- Statistics Assignment (1)
- Student Guide (60)
- webwork (1)
Get A Free Quote
What are the top key aspects of the global marketing mindset?
Global Marketing entirely depends on some distinctive key strategies. Thanks to technology, global advertisement has been made possible from the comfort of the ergonomic chair of your office. When companies start thinking globally, they start thinking of expanding the...
How to Develop Effective Marketing Strategies? Know Marketing Mix theory of 7Ps!
Marketing is an evolving discipline. The companies that have not evaluated according to the current times stay behind the competition. One of the examples of this evolution lies in the fundamental changes of the Marketing mix. It refers to the set of tactics used by...
12 Things You Need To Know Before Stepping Into Marketing Career
In the season end, graduation caps are flying everywhere. Just like every year millions of students will finish their marketing degree and step into the real marketing world. But unfortunately the sad truth is, very few or almost none are prepared for the real world....
Are you badly in need of economics assignment help? Read on to find out what help you can expect!
So, what does economics mean? To put it in layman’s terms, economics is nothing but the manufacturing, distribution, and use of services and goods, between organizations and individuals and governments as well. It is basically divided into two types: Microeconomics –...
When you have no clue how to approach an assignment. Professional assignment help from our topic specialists can be a true lifesaver.
Hire Professional Assignment Helper Now!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Make sure there's no plagiarism in your paper
Write your essays better and faster with free samples
Generate citations for your paper free of charge
Top 200+ Ideas For Research Paper Topics 2023
Updated 02 Mar 2023
Some say the most difficult part of writing a text – is to start. But topic selection even precedes this starting point. This activity takes off a lot of time, and sometimes imagination just doesn’t work in your favor. That’s where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy.
We collected the most unhacked and powerful ideas to turn the average piece of writing into a research paper . Discover what is a research paper and how to choose suitable and interesting research topics with our help.
Writing a research topic on your own requires either producing one from scratch (based on your interests and goals and potentially, on some brainstorming) or getting inspiration from a number of sources, like preassembled topic lists, course material, teachers, real life, news headlines, published research in the respective field, etc.
What are the 3 Types of Research Questions?
Before formulating your research questions ideas, note that there are 3 important types of research questions:
- descriptive – these employ careful and comprehensive observation of a phenomenon/ event, subject, trait, etc. in order to characterize it in detail and to potentially reveal important/ interesting/ undescribed aspects or patterns.
- causal – these investigate whether altering some variables leads to changes in other variables suggesting a causal relationship.
- comparative – these look into similarities and differences between two or more entities
What is a Good Research Paper Topic?
Features that tend to characterize good research questions are as follows:
- specific and concrete – investigation goals and (expected results) have to be clear and focused
- original – investigating aspects/ entities/ relationships that have not been researched before
- highly important/ impactful for community/ society/ a professional field.
- highly relevant for potential readers/ reviewers
- trending – emerging disciplines/ topics spark more interest due to their novelty and yet unexplored potential
College Research Paper Topics
- The bias in the selection of the college internships and scholarships
- The problems of reverse discrimination in post-college employment
- Should multicultural education concepts be implemented at a greater depth?
- The drug and alcohol abuse on college campuses
- Does social media help students to find appropriate information and learn?
- The psychological disorders and the support groups in modern colleges
- Should people with ADHD and Autism be separated from the other students?
- The art of college political campaigns
- Pros and cons of religious colleges
- Should college athletes be paid and provided with additional advantages?
Essay Examples Relevant to College
- College Education
- College Life
- College Students
- Paying College Athletes
Health Research Paper Topics
- The challenges of deafness and communication difficulties among special needs students
- The concept of global health security
- The ways to decrease household air pollution
- How the information about infectious diseases is distributed online
- Should people be allowed to know more about climate change issues?
- The privacy factor and the personal health issues
- The role of fitness ads in exercising practices
- The healthy food standards are not always unbiased
- The role of social media in the medical care system
- The psychological aspect in the perception of allergies
Essay Examples Relevant to Health
- Public Health
- Physical Exercise
- Infectious Disease
Research Paper Topics on Medicine
- Is life-sustaining therapy needed when it’s futile?
- The role of placebo treatment
- How to avoid animal testing?
- Pros and contras of medical marijuana
- Is being a vegetarian useful for child’s health?
- How obesity affects our health?
- Vaccines for kids: their usefulness or damage
- Should prescription drugs be advertised directly to consumers?
- Do doctors turn their patients into drug addicts?
Essay Examples Relevant to Medicine
- Animal Testing
Need more writing assistance?
Connect with our top writers and receive writing sample crafted to your needs.
Education Research Paper Topics
- How can standardized tests improve education?
- Does college graduates make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Social networking and school
- Metal detectors at schools
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The role of technology in lesson planning
- How to manage bullies and take actions against bullying at education institutions?
Essay Examples Relevant to Education
- Standardized Testing
- Special Education
- Technology in Education
Read also: 150+ Best Sociology Research Topics
Environmental Research Paper Topics
- How to reduce global warming?
- How to stop wasting paper and save trees?
- Can overpopulation be managed?
- Should more films about environmental issues be produced?
- Human impacts on forests
- Underground effects of earthquakes
- How to elaborate the optimal adaptation of buildings threatened by hurricanes?
- Is it possible to predict hurricane impacts?
- Is nuclear power safe for humans?
- How dangerous is GMO food?
Essay Examples Relevant to Environmental Research Paper Topics
- Nuclear Power
- Genetic Modification
Research Topics on Entertainment and Sport
- Are social networks good for our society?
- Do violent video games make kids angry and cruel?
- Is it necessary to forbid using animals for entertainment?
- Do beauty contests set the non-achievable beauty standards?
- Are newspapers going to be replaced by online sources of information?
- How gaming consoles influence the youth?
- Should women be allowed to compete against men?
- What television programs should be banned?
- How tv shows impose fake moral standards?
- Can the use of social media, such as Facebook, lower teens’ self-esteem?
Essay Examples Relevant to Entertainment and Sport
- Pop Culture
- Social Media
- Violence in Video Games
- Impact of Technology
Research Paper Topics on Media and Communication
- Should the media programming of ads aimed at children be made illegal?
- The role of mediation in the media
- Should bloggers be considered as journalists?
- The ethical side of modern news reports
- The freedom of speech online
- The copyright law restrictions and the vague concepts
- The importance of psychology and communicative skills in journalism
- The role of gender in interpersonal communication
- The modern standards of nonverbal communication
- The negative influence of Instagram and body image distortion
Essay Examples Relevant to Media and Communication
- Role of Media
- Effects of Social Media
Research Paper Topics on Politics
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
- Should adults have the right to carry a concealed handgun?
- More gun control laws should be enacted
- How can the international community prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons?
- How can ethnic killings be stopped?
- Current prospect for peace between Israel and the Palestinians
- What world would be like without wars?
- How to avoid workforce reduction?
- Should the death penalty be allowed?
- Is socialism possible?
Essay Examples Relevant to Politics
- Gun Control
- Death Penalty
- Political Systems & Ideologies
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Is autism a disease or a development idiosyncrasy?
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns?
- How to manage child violence?
- How to deal with a mental breakdown?
- The impact of classical music on the work of the brain
- How insomnia affects our health?
- How bad dreams influence our mood?
- Is stress really harmful?
- How depression impacts the immune system?
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
Essay Examples Relevant to Psychology
- Youth Violence
Science & Technology Research Paper Ideas
- How is light being used to treat cancer and other diseases?
- What is the current evidence that Mars has had water and maybe life?
- Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan?
- What is the future of computing and artificial intelligence?
- The role cryogenics may play in future
- Can alternative energy effectively replace fossil fuels?
- Is it beneficial for wild animals to have interactions with people?
- What evidence do we have that CMB is the result of the big bang?
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- Can using system like bitcoin help protect identity theft?
Essay Examples Relevant to Science & Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Identity Theft
Research Topics Ideas on Culture
- A new comprehension of past events
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The roots of antisemitism
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on modern art
- The most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20th century and their influence on our society
- Cultural revolutions throughout history
- How pop culture trends influence youth?
- Should pregnant celebrities be exposed on magazine’s covers?
- Why was Greek cultural influence so important for the ancient Mediterranean world?
- Why was the Victorian period a time of cultural change?
Essay Examples Relevant to Culture
- Western Culture
Research Paper Topics on Math
- The influence of algorithms
- Is it possible to build a winning monopoly strategy?
- Why is 'x' the unknown?
- How math changed the world?
- What's the solution to the McDonald's math problem?
- How do math geniuses understand extremely hard math concepts so quickly?
- Should high school math contests be banned?
- What is the relationship between music and math?
- Are math formulas ever used in real life?
- What are some of the most confusing math problems ever?
Essay Examples Relevant to Math
- Mathematics in Everyday Life
Research Paper Topics on Business
- How do dirty business tactics work?
- Can business be started without money?
- Notorious business leaders
- Entrepreneurship and family business
- Ethical decision making in everyday work situations
- What are the most effective strategies for promoting a small business?
- Is it worth it to expand the business into a new region or country?
- How to build a successful startup
- The role of international business and sustainable development
- The impact of climate change on international business strategies
Essay Examples Relevant to Business
- Business Analysis
- Decision Making
- International Business
Research Paper Topics For Middle School
- Is going vegan the healthiest choice for you?
- Is the greenhouse effect artificial or natural?
- The causes, effects, and consequences of earthquakes
- How much computer games can one play without getting addicted
- Princess Diana and her dynasty
- Why is competition so critical for humans?
- How did poetry evolve?
- Methods used by ancient sailors to navigate the globe
- Gender roles in children’s books and cartoons
- Who is the greatest general who has lived on the planet?
Essay Examples Relevant to Middle School
- Studying at School
- Middle School
High School Research Paper Ideas
- The ways to address drug addiction cases in high school
- The physical vs digital communications
- The body image and the K-Pop culture
- The importance of school volunteering and social work
- The changes to the academic process due to Covid-19
- The legacy of the Trail of Tears
- The role of motivation in becoming a better student
- The role of books in print and the libraries
- The ways to improve school safety
- The role of parental involvement in school work
Essay Examples Relevant to High School
- High School
- Drug Addiction
- Digital Communication
- Academic Achievements
History Research Paper Topics
- What were the impacts of World War II on the rights of women?
- What factors initiated the WWII
- Is liberalism the most optimal solution?
- What were the consequences of women suffrage movements
- What was the impact of Martin Luther King’s protest against the Catholic church
- What is the most effective military strategy of all time
- How has Asian art influenced contemporary art
- How have different monetary systems affected the development of humanity
- What is the correlation between the Roman and Greek culture?
- Aztec empire and its architecture
Essay Examples Relevant to History
- Martin Luther King
- Women's Suffrage Movement
- Roman Empire
Art Research Paper Ideas
- The reasons why digital museums must be present and made available
- The peculiarities of the Flemish artists
- Should Japanese anime be considered as a separate art form?
- The role of Photoshop and similar digital solutions in the perception of modern art
- The history of photography and the artistic expression forms
- The challenges of the modern artists during social distancing times
- The Middle Eastern perception of color and the light
- Ancient Rome's role in the creation of the sculptures
- Should the artists be allowed to represent their works in public parks?
- The importance of art education in middle schools
Essay Examples Relevant to Art
- Contemporary Art
- Visual Arts
Literature Research Paper Topics
- The American dream literature
- How does harry potter reflects the ideal of the time
- Can you show a new aspect of prose based on the independent investigation
- The prose of women suffrage movements
- The dawn of literature on modern society
- Why do authors use metaphors and similes
- Evaluate and discuss the allegory of 2 random novels
- What factors are helpful in allowing you to identify the genre of a novel you are reading
- Is fanfiction considered an independent literature
- Romance and sex in Renaissance
- Fiction as an instrument of propaganda
Essay Examples Relevant to Literature
- American Dream
Law Research Paper Topics
- How is the Islamic law perceived around the globe
- Is ECOLEX a pathway to environmental law
- Why is it critical to learn the GATT documents?
- What does the European patent office do?
- Mass communication law
- Impact of women’s authority in different countries on the planet
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the international criminal law court tools
- Detailed analysis and report of the comparative criminal procedure
- Exciting outtakes from the inter-American human rights library
- Does the US copyright office really help writers defend their businesses?
Essay Examples Relevant to Law
- American Laws
- Criminal Justice
- American Criminal Justice System
Religion Research Paper Topics
- The depiction of bisexuality in the Bible
- Christianity and economics
- Modernism and religion
- Religion and sex
- Pastrol and religious counseling
- Intelligent design
- Church and social action
- How do teenagers perceive religion
- Women and religion
Essay Examples Relevant to Religion
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Should education be made free for everyone?
- The influencers and bloggers cannot be considered as a job
- The role of military service is the way towards maturity
- Should Internet access be limited during college lectures?
- The death penalty service is not an ethical solution
- Fashion industry creates a bad influence on young people
- The Fairplay concept should be rewarded financially
- Should tobacco be made illegal indoors?
- Religious differences often become the cause of wars
- The majority of mobile applications represent the invasion of privacy
Essay Examples Relevant to Argumentative Research Paper Topics
These are the 200+ topics on various subjects, which you might find useful when creating your own. In case you need help aside from creating topics, you can also order the original research on Politics, Media & Communication, Math, Law, and even Nursing papers for sale on Edubirdie.
How to Choose a Good Research Paper Topic?
While it may seem challenging to come up with a good research paper topic as you try your best to narrow things down, the trick is to choose something that influences you because you know it well and can support your arguments with relevant evidence. The subject should be well-structured and relevant to your thesis statement. Always take time to research the list of sources to compose your topic sentences as well to make them relate to your thesis part. It’s always best to check a good research paper introduction example before you start working on the paper and choosing your topic. Here are the steps to consider:
- Start With Observing Your Interests.
If you are confused with a variety of interesting topics for writing a creative essay, it’s better to decide what interests you the most. Don’t stick to easy research paper topics just to complete the task fast. If you are allowed to freely choose what to write an essay about, use the opportunity to create something unique. Write down the list of your interests and break down every idea into small certain topics. When you have a list in front of your eyes, it will be easier to make up your mind and start considering a particular issue.
Then you should examine what aspect of the topic is preferable for you to outline in your research paper . A list will save you here again. Use pros/cons template to include all the arguments and objections to the issues.
- Come Up With an Argumentative Research Question.
The most challenging part of choosing a competitive research paper topic is finding an aspect that poses some importance for your course and the subject per se. While it may seem that it is sufficient to make a general statement, your argumentation should include a clear research question. Consider asking yourself why you have chosen a particular topic and how your research will make it clearer or provide innovative solutions.
- Study Available Research Topic Ideas.
Since we have already mentioned the dangers of choosing something too broad, it is vital to narrow things down and brainstorm the list of possible research paper ideas that deal with the same subject. In other words, you can write down at least five different subjects and see whether you can find sufficient information to support them with the sources or statistical data. Remember the importance of your topic’s wording!
- Compose Strong Thesis Statement.
It must be done at the same time as you choose your research paper topic because these two concepts must be interconnected. Your subject must reflect your main idea of the thesis statement. Make sure that you have the list of sources prepared in advance to incorporate relevant information in your body paragraphs. As always, they must be the supporting evidence for your thesis statement’s idea and the research purpose.
Get 100+ more unique topics for your paper!
Was this helpful, thanks for your feedback, related blog posts, learn how to write an introduction for a research paper.
Though introduction to any writing is frequently associated with beginning, it's not that simple for an introduction to a research paper. Here you ...
170+ Fascinating Biology Research Topics for Students in 2023
Table of contents A List of Researchable Topics for Biology Abortion, Human cloning, Genetic Researches Biology Topics Behaviour and ...
Receive regular updates, discounts, study guides and more
You have subscribed to EduBirdie news.
Thanks for subscribing!
Check your inbox to verify your email.
A List of 580 Interesting Research Topics [2023 Edition]
In school and college, you will be required to write research papers. Yes — papers in the plural. And that’s the first reason you may want to turn to Custom Writing and seek help with research projects.
Our specialists will write a custom essay on any topic for $13.00 $10.40/page
When assigned a paper, the very first undertaking is to choose from a list of research topics. This is a daunting, even intimidating task, one that many people would prefer to circumvent altogether.
The good thing is:
There are hundreds of exciting and fun research topics for high school or college students from which to choose. With a variety of options, you are likely to find some interesting things to research. When you have good ideas and help available, this task becomes less threatening and more engaging.
But first: Let’s verify you have a complete comprehension of what writing a research paper entails. After all, you can’t be creative with an idea if you don’t know how to write about it. Then, you’ll find numerous interesting research topics for your work.
- 🔝 Top 10 Research Topics
❓ What Is a Research Paper?
- ✍️ How to Find Topics to Write About
⭐ A List of Research Topics
- 💻 IT Topics
- 🏺 History Topics
- 🧠 Psychology Topics
- 🎓 Education Topics
- 📺 Cultural Topics
- 🗣️ Topics for an Argumentative Essays
🔬 Science Research Topics
💉 health topics for research papers.
- 👔 Business Research Topics
- 📚 Literature Topics
- 🗳️ Political Topics
😂 Fun Research Topics
- 👥 Sociology Research Papers
🎯 Specific Research Proposal Topics
- 👩⚕️ Nursing Research Papers
- 🎨 Art Topics
- 🎼 Music Topics
- ✍️ Creative Writing Topics
- 🎈 Other Topics
🔝 Top 10 Research Topics for 2023
- Maintaining social bonds via music
- Use of AI in robotics
- Narcissistic personality disorder: genetic factors
- Mental effects of remote work
- Use of infrared detectors in alarm systems
- Cosmological simulations and machine learning
- Achieving climate-positive agriculture
- Emerging infectious diseases: detection and prevention
- Technology-enhanced education in the post-COVID era
- Disability inclusion in the workplace
If you aren’t clear on what a research paper is, then you won’t get very far when writing one. A research paper is just as its name suggests — a form of academic writing that necessitates the independent investigation of a specified topic and reports the unique results of that investigation.
Suny Empire State College provides a great and exhaustive explanation of what a research paper is.
In order to write a paper, you are required to formulate a research question. This is a question associated with your topic that acts as a guide during your research, enabling you to focus and provide unique arguments.
Before you can produce a research question, you have to choose from countless research topics available. Another useful thing to do would be checking out free sample research papers . With that in mind, let’s examine how you can discover some unique research paper topics.
✍️ How to Find Research Topics to Write About
The choice of a research paper topic can be influenced by a number of factors, including:
Receive a plagiarism-free paper tailored to your instructions.
- The course for which the paper is assigned
- Whether there is a topic assigned to you by the professor
- Whether you are given a broad-spectrum subject area
- How much freedom you are given to branch out and select a topic
Hopefully, you have been given some freedom of choice regarding academic paper topics. However, if you do have some choice in the matter, you might be speculating about how to narrow it down.
You are in luck!
There are a number of ways to effectively comb through the abundance of research paper topics and discover one that will work well for you. Here are some suggestions:
- Ask your professor. Chances are your professor has some fabulous research paper ideas. You can also inquire with other university staff and graduate students for ideas. These people know your discipline well, which can work to your advantage.
- Browse through scientific journals and research papers , but be sure to adhere to the most recent research possible. You will definitely find interesting ideas in published papers that would make great research paper topics.
- Investigate other professional and government publications for research project ideas. Again, keep to the most recent publications within the last three to five years, if possible.
- Browse through your library catalog to uncover the most interesting areas of study in your field.
- Take notes everywhere you go! It doesn’t matter if you are in class listening to your professor, traveling, reading a magazine, or watching TV. Research paper ideas are absolutely everywhere! Write things down whenever you come across something unique and interesting, and you just might find a topic to pursue.
When it comes down to it, deciding on one of the many academic essay topics is the most substantial step of the process.
Once you have that narrowed down, you can focus your research and write a remarkable paper. Now, we want to give you some help. What follows is an extensive list of the most interesting research topics to get you started.
Just $13.00 $10.40/page , and you can get an custom-written academic paper according to your instructions
Now that you have a good idea of how to search for college research paper topics, you are ready for some suggestions. You might like one of them right off the bat, or you might be inspired by a particular topic and write something related to it.
Want to know the best part?
By the time you are finished reading this academic topics list, you will feel much more equipped for writing your research paper. For even better result, have a brainstorming session with a research topic generator to introduce a bigger variety of options.
💻 IT Research Paper Topics
Perhaps some of the best college research topics these days are in the IT field. Explore one of these interesting ideas in your paper:
- Has big data changed our lives for the better? Big data is a trendy study subject. Large IT companies use it for purposes such as advertising and logistics. However, it has also raised substantial privacy concerns over non-consensual data gathering. Are the benefits companies get by collecting your data worth them learning everything about you?
- Neural networks are algorithms that can learn to solve problems. Both their name and method of learning are derived from how the human brain works. Can neural networks lead to the creation of a true AI? If so, how soon?
- The current state of cryptography and how it may develop. The entire Internet’s security relies on a relatively small number of ciphers. If they were to be broken, the potential damage would be immeasurable. How likely is that to happen? What challenges are we likely to face in the future?
- The pros and cons of transitioning to cloud technologies. Cloud services are very convenient for various purposes. They might not work as fast as physical devices, but they are portable, cheap, and very convenient. Should humanity switch entirely to cloud services?
- What issues does automation raise, and how can they be solved? Robots don’t get tired and work very precisely. That’s why automation is great for business. Many manufacturing companies rely on robots heavily in their production. However, robots in the workplace mean fewer jobs for humans. When most blue-collar positions disappear, what will humanity do?
- Should we keep using multi-factor authentication?
- Are big tech companies monopolistic in their behaviors?
- Is remote work the future of office jobs employment?
- The pros and cons of software ownership vs. subscription models.
- Explore the evolution of wireless communication standards and their implications.
- Describe the Internet of things and its effects on security.
- The issues of IPv4 and the adoption of IPv6.
- How do computers manage to generate random numbers?
- The infrastructure and contingencies of the World Wide Web.
- Are computers entirely unbiased in their treatment of people?
- Procedures to enhance IT security
- New methodologies and challenges to IT management in health
- Interrelation, patterns, and existing theories on behavior and IT
- Common services center vs. community multimedia center: selecting the correct variety of IT service
- Racial and gender issues in the IT domain
- Innovative theories regarding computer imitation of a human being
- The impact of digitization of medical records on the IT domain
🏺 Topics for your Research Project on History
Human history is full of exciting events, and despite what you might believe, not all of them have been explored. There are many incredible history research topics, such as:
- The history of the Chinese Empire over the millennia. The Chinese Empire is rarely discussed in history classes as much as its Western counterparts. However, it existed for over two millennia, only falling in 1912. Many curious events happened in that time that merit discussion.
- The Ottoman Empire and the Barbary slave trade. The word “barbarian” comes from the Barbary Coast in Africa. It was infamous for its pirates, who raided European vessels for loot and slaves. Only ending in the 19th century, this phenomenon can make for an interesting case study.
- The rise and fall of Ancient Greek city-states. Ancient Greece is often viewed as mostly monolithic and united against threats. In fact, it was comprised of numerous city-states that fought as much as they cooperated. Research the region’s fascinating and nuanced history.
- The effects of the printing press on the world. The printing press was invented in 1440 AD by Johannes Gutenberg. Before it, each copy of a book had to be written by hand. It limited the literature’s availability dramatically. What effects did mass production of books have on Europe and the world?
- The fracturing of Christianity : causes and effects. Since its inception, Christianity has gone through multiple schisms. Some of them were remarkably violent. As a result, there are now three main Christian churches and a multitude of lesser ones. Explore what caused believers to split apart into Orthodox Christians, Catholics, and Protestants.
- The underlying causes of the World War I.
- Provide a detailed history of the Hundred Years’ War and its results.
- Holy Roman Empire: from successor to the Romans to a Nazi symbol.
- Liberalism in national politics: emergence and evolution.
- The history of the world as a series of conquests.
- Were the Crusades motivated purely by religious devotion?
- Why did Texas secede from Mexico to the United States?
- Apartheid in South Africa and its heritage.
- Centers of scientific activity throughout history.
- How did China’s geography influence its history?
- Palestine and the Golan Heights
- Premises, progression, and consequences of the cold war
- The most remarkable revolutions in history
- Has Slavery transformed the development of the western world?
- Could damage from the bubonic plague have been diminished?
- Strange medieval family laws and their influence on society
- Life in London in the 15th century
- Religious cults in ancient societies
🧠 Psychology Research Paper Topics
Psychology has to offer plenty of interesting ideas for you to research. Just look through the discoveries made over the past decades, and you can understand that the human mind holds as many mysteries as the deep ocean.
It is why we would like to suggest a list of great experimental research topics in psychology. The science of human behavior is even more exciting when you can try your theories on practice.
If you still can’t decide on the topic for your research paper or thesis, just look through this collection of compelling proposals to give yourself an inspirational boost.
- What is the correlation between personality and taste in literature? It’s obvious that people with similar interests get in groups. Does it mean that they have similar personalities, though?
- Conformity in college and high school: a scientific approach. Check how your course mates tend to agree with others and don’t forget to write it down!
- Do men and women have different short-term memory mechanisms? It’s quite easy to conduct an experiment, but be careful approaching it in terms of gender issues.
- Optical illusions from the perspective of people with creativity skills. What if people who tend to be artistic and creative can see something in the common optical illusions that others can’t?
- The gut feeling: how do you feel when others stare at you? Some studies showed that you are more likely to wake up in the night because someone is staring at you. It’s creepy, though…
- Tricking the taste buds: how does smell affect the taste? How much can the smell of an onion confuse your sense of taste while you are eating an apple?
- What is the Stroop Effect, and how does age influence it? Check whether the age of the participants influences their ability to name the colors.
- Does having a symmetrical face make us seem more attractive? It is very rare that someone has perfectly identical left and right sides of the face. But how noticeable is it?
- Analyze the capacity of the short-term memory of your peers. The easiest way is to measure it by memorizing words and comparing the numbers later.
- Do people eat more popcorn when watching movies of a specific genre? Chewing something is almost a must-do in the cinema. But what type of movies triggers this behavior more than others?
- What signs of social media addiction are noticeable in public? Spend some time in the local coffee shop, watching people on their phones, and note any signs of addiction they show.
- The psychological effects of having breakfast: learning performance. Check if your course mates who have breakfast are more successful in learning than those who don’t.
- Music vs. body: how does your body respond? Measure different biomarkers while listening to different types of music. Maybe you’ll find perfect motivational beats!
- What color should your room be to improve your learning outcome? Blue is more calming than red, which is often used in sports halls. But what about boosting your learning abilities?
- Favorite color as a result of childhood attraction. Try to trace the childhood memories of your friends. Maybe their favorite color is pink because they had pink walls in their room.
- Biomarkers and colors: what is the correlation? Check how seeing different colors can stimulate specific responses from the body, for example, in heart rate.
- Colors and mood: can the color of your bedsheets make your day? The first thing you see in the morning is quite important. How would a specific color affect your mood?
- What is the correlation between stress levels and procrastination? There is a relation for sure, but does procrastination cause stress or the other way around?
- How much can we trust the long-term memory? Ask people to tell you about some random event from their past. Then, ask them to do the same later. Do the stories match?
- Negative influences of sleep deprivation on social behavior. Track some students’ behavior when they don’t get enough sleep and see how it affects their relationship with others.
- The origin of phobias and fears : engaging the monster within
- Dreams : are they messages from within?
- Mechanisms of thinking: it’s all in your head
- Factors that influence behavior and character
- Mechanisms of aggravating habits
- The function of short- and long-term memory
- Why people yearn for their past
- What entices people to amass the most preposterous things?
- Is autism a disease or a natural variation of the norm?
- The impact and outcomes of social networks and mental health
- How memory works: recalling the essential
- How depression impacts the immune system
- A phenomenon-oriented approach to the study of depression
- How to manage post-traumatic stress disorder in children
- Depression as a cause of celiac disease
- Fighting depression with techniques to relieve anxiety
- The consequences of depression and relationship problems
- Eating behaviors in different cultures
- How behavioral patterns develop
- How to forecast and shape behavioral patterns
- Differences and similarities in the behavioral patterns of diverse cultures
- Is there a genetic link to optimism that can shape behaviors and attitudes?
- The causes and consequences of insomnia
- How to combat child violence
- How defense mechanisms and behavioral patterns work
- How bilingualism works: the secret of processing mechanisms
- How fear-related beliefs fit into the cognition process
- Following the cognitive process involved in anxiety disorders
- How to fight emotional distress
- Unusual mental health cases and cognition deviations
- Applying psychological approaches to ethical reality
- How motivation plays a role in human development
- The shared elements of self-affiliation and self-determination
- An examination of the causes and results of drug and alcohol abuse
- New ideas regarding the peculiarities of rational and social development
- How practicing a healthy lifestyle cures disease and promotes wellness
- Conflict solution in parent-child relationships
- Evaluating the challenges of preterm development in children
- How to battle cognitive deficit in Parkinson’s disease
- Is attention deficit disorder a neuropsychological problem?
- Examining the process of making decisions and taking risks
- The impact of music genres on how the brain works
- How to fight childhood disorders
- Shattering long-standing myths about ADHD
- Intellectually gifted people: how is it possible?
🎓 Research Paper Topics on Education
Research project ideas around education are always changing. This has resulted in a wide range of research topics, such as:
- Computers in classrooms : useful tool or obstacle to equality? Computers have proved to be capable of improving many aspects of our lives. For instance, they allow children to interact with content instead of just consuming it. However, computers further the disparities between those who can and cannot afford one. Explore these factors in your research paper.
- A review of potential methods for solving America’s education crisis. The US invests a substantial portion of its budget into education. However, the system’s equality is average at best. You can study proposals on how we may change its design for the better. Choose the most promising ones, or suggest one of your own.
- Individualized vs. group learning : which is better suited for current reality? Every child’s learning should be tailored to their specific situation. Unfortunately, there are far more children than teachers. Answer these questions: is group learning the only available option despite its drawbacks? Can we reduce its shortcomings by blending the models?
- Are standardized tests helpful or damaging to children’s education? Standardized tests are convenient from a bureaucratic standpoint. They convert children’s learning into numbers that are easy to work with. But the practice is often criticized for prioritizing memorization over understanding. Should standardized tests be abandoned?
- How should the education system approach children with special needs? Special needs children have experienced a broad range of treatment throughout history. What are the current ideas on how to teach them? What are their special needs in an educational context, and how can schools satisfy them?
- Are the world’s best education systems based on similar foundations?
- How can schools help children maintain their mental health?
- What does equality of opportunity mean in the context of the school?
- Review how the essential qualities of a teacher evolved since 2000.
- Should every school student aim for higher education ?
- What traits define an excellent teacher, and can they be cultivated?
- Is homeschooling a viable alternative to public schools?
- The school choice debate in the US: arguments for and against.
- Authoritative sources: what qualities make information available on the Internet valid?
- Is cheating on tests an expression of an educational failure?
- Where theory encounters reality in gender issues
- Test anxiety with regard to contemporary methods of teaching
- The effects of contemporary teaching methods
- The mental process behind human learning
- The interpretation of IQ test results
- Should children be rebuked when they misbehave?
- How to prevent bullying and harassment in schools
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children
- Positives and negatives of contemporary methods of teaching and state-of-the-art innovations
- The function of technology in lesson planning
- Is there a one-size-fits-all strategy for education?
📺 Cultural Research Topics for Papers
Perhaps there is nothing more complex than human culture and how people have interacted with each other throughout history. For this reason, these cultural topics might be of interest to you:
- Harlem Renaissance: how a single neighborhood created modern African American culture. In the 1920s, numerous African Americans moved to the Harlem neighborhood of New York. Influenced by the ideas of thinkers such as W. E. B. Du Bois , they built the foundations of Black culture and art. How did this happen?
- Is third-wave feminism still a movement for equality? First-wave feminism gave women equal rights with men. Then the second wave started the fight with discrimination. However, third-wave feminism claims that the second wave failed, especially with regards to matters such as race and ethnicity. Are its claims valid, and what does it work to achieve?
- Is the Western way of thinking the only correct one? Non-Western civilizations lay claim to different schools of thought that emphasize different viewpoints. Should Westerners adopt aspects of non-Western philosophical thought?
- Are the factors that informed the Constitution still relevant? The Constitution was created in a different time than now. Some of its provisions, notably the Second Amendment , have been challenged repeatedly in recent years. Explore if the ideas of the Founding Fathers still apply today.
- Should the postmodern school of art be considered art? Postmodern art is challenging to define in plain terms. Many people are confused when a seemingly random series of brush strokes sells for millions of dollars. Think of how such artworks fit into the history of art movements.
- The impact of advertisements and commercials on how people comprehend the world
- The implicit messages of mass media: what you see is what you get
- How the most remarkable cultural achievements of the 20 th century influenced contemporary art
- The repetition of cultural tendencies: the Greeks did it first
- Social roles adults endorse to children via toys
- Social models mass media bestows on teenagers and adults
- Eating habits in dissimilar cultures
- The origin of racial discrimination
- The segmentation and integration of humans
- The impact of AIDS on mankind
- A new comprehension of past events
- Unearthing a common language: divorce prevention and family therapy
- Painting a portrait of the average American family
- The roots of antisemitism and how it manifests today
- A case against cruelty to living beings
- An examination of the current job market and unemployment
🗣️ Argumentative Essay Topics
It is easy to find unique argumentative research paper topics. After all, we live in a crazy world in which all kinds of interesting things happen. Here are some suggestions:
- Is the Electoral College a better system than the popular vote? The United States uses the unique Electoral College system for its presidential elections. Over the centuries, calls have been made to change it to the popular vote approach. So far, these attempts have been fruitless. In this debate, whose position has more merit?
- Should the continued expansion of the government be reversed? Starting small, governments around the world took on more and more functions. As a result, they now guarantee the operation of many services. They also collect massive taxes and demonstrate bureaucratic inefficiencies. Is there a valid argument for privatizing most public services?
- Should the US continue acting as the world’s peacekeeper? The US’s military is present in many areas around the world. Usually, they take the form of military bases and peacekeeping forces. However, its efforts often fail, with Iraq as a recent example . Should the nation continue spending its resources abroad?
- Does the public or private healthcare produce better results for the cost? The US’s healthcare system is often criticized for its massive costs and underwhelming quality. There have been calls to both make it more private and more public. Which of the two approaches ensures a more affordable, efficient system?
- Is teenage gender transition ethical? Recently, medical professionals in the US have started transitioning teenagers with gender dysphoria . Yet, some of them de-transition later. Should the practice continue regardless?
- Political commitment and television
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- Can people of different races ever understand each other
- Abusive relationships : where to draw the line on what relationships should Be allowed to exist
- Are there realistic limitations on abortion ?
- The many guises of violence in society
- The impact of women on world history
- Are social interactions possible without lies?
- Dealing with overpopulation : can it be accomplished ethically?
- Torture : is it ever acceptable?
- The ethics of using animals in research
- Human dependence on computers: beneficial or harmful
- Post-9/11 security measures : an invasion of privacy or good sense
Science is always bursting with new and exciting topics as we delve deeper into the mysteries of the universe and technology. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- The potential of space resources and the technologies for extracting them. Space contains a vast quantity of resources, many of which are rare or expensive on Earth. Plans to use them have been arising for a long time. Can we implement any of them in the near future, and do they justify the costs?
- Recent promising developments in cancer treatment and their validity . Cancer is a significant concern for humanity largely because it cannot be treated without harming the body. However, ideas such as targeted medications and imitations of whale biology have promised an end to this problem. Research them and assess their validity.
- Large-scale recycling methods and their effectiveness in reducing waste. Most of the resources humanity uses are still on the planet in the form of waste. Some, such as fossil fuels, cannot be recovered, while metals and many others can. Is it possible to address resource scarcity through large-scale recycling? Is it economically viable?
- Advantages and disadvantages of proposed thorium nuclear reactor designs. Thorium has been touted as the solution to the problems of uranium-based atomic reactors. It’s not as dangerous and produces less waste. Is it indeed superior, or should its issues prevent its use?
- Potential benefits and issues of genetic modification . Genetic modification is broadly used but also criticized by many. It has its benefits, but critics argue that overreliance may lead to unexplored side effects. Are there reasons to believe these claims?
- What cloning has in store for humanity : altering the personality
- How nanotechnology will impact modern science
- Will uranium isotopes precipitate the next scientific revolution?
- How psychoactive drugs influence the central nervous system
- Deafness and using echolocation
- The role of erythropoietin and calcitriol in the human body
- The process of feeling pain: treatment and pain relievers of the future
- Is nuclear energy too hazardous to use?
- Nuclear weapons: a responsibility for which no country is prepared
- People’s impact on climate change: the cost of a technological breakthrough
- Key issues and potential solutions for toxic waste disposal
- Are the effects of global warming reversible?
- The future of NASA
- Endangered species : causes and concerns
- Black mold: the bathroom invasion
Just like science, health care is always changing, particularly as technology advances. With new discoveries in disease research and new technology being developed every day, the following topics are great examples of what you can write about in your paper:
- Race and ethnicity-based differences in normal health indicators. People of different races and ethnicities tend to have varying normal health indicators. For example, African Americans tend to have a higher blood pressure than average. What causes such differences? Why do medical workers need to understand them?
- The effects of the Affordable Care Act on American healthcare. The Affordable Care Act, colloquially known as Obamacare , was introduced to improve health insurance’s affordability for disadvantaged people. However, the costs of insurance have grown since through premiums. Did Obamacare cause this increase, or did it happen independently?
- Strategies for prevention of obesity and associated heart disease risks. Heart disease is a leading cause of death in the United States. Obesity, which is also prevalent in the nation, is associated with the condition. How can the healthcare system reduce the rates of obesity and associated heart disease?
- For- or non-profit hospitals: which offer superior treatment? Both for- and non-profit hospitals are private entities. The former operate as businesses, while the latter only seek to cover their costs. Is the former’s drive to compete and lower prices preferable to the latter’s not charging a profit margin?
- Mental health in the United States: issues and proposed solutions. Mental healthcare is a complicated topic. Many conditions are difficult to diagnose, and some are associated with stigma . Conflicts of interest often arise among psychiatrists, incentivizing them to diagnose fake conditions. How can mental health be improved in the US?
- Should medicine be more focused on the prevention of illnesses or their treatment?
- Is it possible to eliminate a disease forever?
- The development of prosthetics: current technologies and promising ideas
- Barriers to the adoption of electronic health systems and how to overcome them.
- Sedentary behavior and sports: what are the health outcomes?
- Psychological treatment for adolescents: how to address their needs.
- Caring for seniors: current problems and potential solutions.
- US nursing shortage: causes and potential effects on the nation’s health.
- The effects of circumcision on the health of newborn infants.
- Analyze the experiences of children with autism in school and at home.
- Should image scan radiation be reduced to a minimum level?
- Health care and insurance : concerns and problems
- The most likely outcomes of recent health care reform
- Old theories and new methods of sports injury rehabilitation
- A look at celebrities who have battled cancer
- A comparison of conventional and alternative cancer treatments
- How clean needle programs benefit society
- The need for education on nutrition in school
- The impact of diet on health
👔 Business Research Paper Topics to Write About
Business is a broad field, so there are plenty of topics you can write about, such as:
- Best contemporary practice in green supply chain management for businesses. Green supply chain management aims to overturn the stereotype of polluting factories. Companies that adopt it seek to generate as little waste as possible and require their suppliers to do the same. What policies do researchers currently recommend for this purpose?
- Corporate social responsibility: theoretical framework and practical implementations. Corporate social responsibility is an approach where a company seeks to give back to the community where it works. It’s a popular concept, often discussed in business schools. But how does it translate into practice?
- The effects of different office arrangements on the productivity of employees . Offices have evolved substantially over the 20th century. Cubicles replaced isolated rooms, and today open offices are popular. Is there a meaningful difference between these different arrangements? Are the changes improvements or lateral movements?
- Remote work and its effects on the operations of businesses. Remote work is more popular than ever. It seems convenient for workers, but some companies worry that they will stop being productive without oversight. Are their concerns reasonable?
- A cross-cultural comparison of leadership styles. In the West, a number of leadership style theories have crystallized that are considered best. However, other regions use distinct approaches that work for them. They’re also not rushing to change to the Western model. Do Western styles work best everywhere, or are they limited to the appropriate mindset?
- Social media marketing strategies and the determinants of success.
- Compare the functions of administration and management.
- Prevention of organizational misconduct: barriers and strategies.
- Review the latest developments in performance management theory and practice.
- What is the future of e-commerce business environments ?
- Innovation in the workplace: current thought and generation methods.
- How does outsourcing influence business performance?
- Describe the effects of kaizen and total quality management on performance.
- Discuss economic viability in corporations that operate at a loss.
- Overtime work, employee well-being, and company performance.
- Deliberating in the secrets of effective leadership
- How time management influences the prosperity of a company
- How to resolve a conflict between staff and management
- The function of diversity in the workplace of the 21 st century
- Management by walking around: effective or fruitless?
- Should businesses be regulated: pros and cons
- Social media and word-of-mouth in the digital age
- How the digital age has transformed small businesses
- How mobile technology is altering the workplace
- The future of the franchise
- How the millennial employee is transforming the workplace
📚 Literature Research Paper Topics
Sometimes, there is no surrogate for a great paper on literature, and with the changing world, there are always innovative ways to observe literature, even the classics. Here are a few topic suggestions:
- The depiction of the American Dream in The Great Gatsby . Jay Gatsby first appears as an example of the American Dream. Starting poor, he becomes wealthy and popular in the city. However, he does not achieve his desires and stays unhappy. You can research how the novel criticizes the concept while also reinforcing its idea.
- The evolution of Japanese literature in the Meiji Era. The Meiji Era began after the end of Japanese isolationism. Due to encountering new cultures, its art evolved rapidly. Writers such as Akutagawa Ryunosuke and Dazai Osamu created unique works. From what context did they emerge?
- The traits of 20th century dystopian works. The worlds of Aldous Huxley, Ray Bradbury, George Orwell , and others are bleak. However, they are all substantially different. Can you distinguish unifying themes in the stories that these writers tell?
- How does literature reflect contemporary social issues ? Writers often try to draw attention to problems of their time. Dickens wrote about the exploitation of the poor, and Langston Hughes discussed racial discrimination. Can this trend be traced across most literature?
- Classic vs. modern poetry. Classical poetry follows a variety of rules, such as rhymes and stanza organization. Contemporary poets often reject these constraints and create works that are closer to prose in form. What caused this change?
- Study the Four Great Works of Chinese Literature as cultural reflections.
- Examine the influence of romantic tendencies on Walther Scott’s works.
- What issues are raised in contemporary African literature?
- Analyze Milton’s interpretation of Biblical myth in Paradise Lost .
- What characterizes the depiction of war in Heller’s Catch-22 ?
- Discuss real and fake loyalty in King Lear .
- How was grotesque used in 19th century American Gothic fiction?
- The Old Man and the Sea : Hemingway’s depiction of the unconquerable spirit.
- How were gender issues depicted in 19th and 20th-century feminist literature?
- Compare the themes of The Iliad and The Odyssey.
- The innovative era: poets of the 21 st century
- A dissection of the most illustrious novels in history
- The hunger games: over and above pulp fiction
- The future of copyright
- An examination of racism in novels from the 1960s and 1970s
- The perception of exile in literature
- Culture and literature: which affects which?
- An examination of homosexuality in literature
🗳️ Political Research Topics
The world of politics is ever-changing. Understanding the complex mechanisms that regulate our lives is challenging. That’s why a research paper is a great way to clarify the matter. Whether you’re interested in global or local affairs, this section has got you covered.
- What is the origin and purpose of powers separation in government ? Most modern governments are separated into three branches: legislative, executive, and judicial. Thus they limit each other to avoid government overreach. How was this system founded, and how does it work?
- The structure of the legislation approval process in the US . Every bill has to be approved by the Congress , the Senate, and the President. What factors can hinder the process?
- A comparison between the two-party system and multi-party nations. The US is often critiqued for its two-party system by nations that have numerous parties. With that said, a common counterargument is that American parties made of people with diverse views. How do the political climates of the US and multi-party democracies differ in practice?
- The purpose and effectiveness of term limits for government positions. Some government positions, such as that of the President, are limited to a specific number of years. At the same time, jobs in the Congress and Senate are not. Discuss the purpose of term limits and say if they’re effective.
- Pros and cons of globalism as a political philosophy. The concept of globalism requires worldwide bodies that supersede governments. It looks past nations and ignores their interest in favor of global benefits. Is this approach valid, or are there problems with it?
- How does the European Union membership affect its countries?
- Review the evolution of China’s political system in the 20th-21st centuries.
- The threat of terrorism in a world without ISIS.
- Discuss the issue of mass incarceration in the United States.
- What were the causes of the Soviet Union’s collapse ?
- Write about violations of human rights worldwide and their causes.
- Examine the critiques of capitalism.
- What are the political aims of the Black Lives Matter movement?
- Review the methods for effectively combating governmental corruption.
- The issues of democracy and how to overcome them.
- The American policy of intervention
- The future of the European union
- Causes of world hunger
- Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction
- The Justice system and juvenile criminals
- Afghanistan—success or stalemate ?
- Was media coverage of SARS adequate
- The new world war: fighting terrorism
- Same-sex marriage: are laws keeping up with changing attitudes?
- BREXIT: good or bad?
Who says you can’t combine academia and entertainment? Great conclusions can come from fun research. The most important thing is to ask the right questions. Check out the following prompts and get inspired:
- Parallel universes, their origins, and potential organizations. Numerous authors have imagined parallel universes. Even some quantum physics theories assert their existence. Are parallel universes slightly different versions of our world, or are they entirely distinct?
- The theories and paradoxes of various time travel mechanisms. Time travel is a popular science fiction trope. It’s also associated with multiple contradictions, such as the grandfather paradox . How do science fiction authors try to overcome these problems?
- The attempts to create the theory of everything. Physicists are trying to develop an approach that would explain everything in the universe. It doesn’t exist yet, as general relativity and quantum physics often contradict each other.
- What are the possibilities and problems of interstellar travel ? Without a method to travel much faster than light, expansion beyond the Solar System is impossible. If it becomes feasible, what possibilities can it offer?
- The history of the moon landing conspiracy theory. The moon landing conspiracy theory asserts that the Apollo 11 mission didn’t occur, and the evidence was filmed on Earth. It tries to find various flaws in this evidence and use them to prove its illegitimacy. How did it emerge, and does it still exist?
- Are people who claim to have extrasensory perception frauds?
- Research stories of the supernatural based on facts.
- What is the origin of the modern Santa Claus?
- If an afterlife exists, what form does it take?
- Does meditation have benefits for physical and mental health?
- Did Nostradamus’s prophecies come to pass?
- Why do some people believe the Earth is flat?
- Does Murphy’s Law always work?
- Examine 19th-century occultism and its prominent leaders.
- Alchemy and the quest for the Philosopher’s Stone.
- How people are affected by the death of a game character
- Challenges faced by people creating their own cartoon
- Beloved comic strip characters and their influence on society
- An examination of UFOs: fact or fiction
- What if aliens do exist: the impact on humanity
- Is there a differentiation between déjà vu and precognition?
- The existence of spirits and how to communicate with them
- Theories regarding the Bermuda triangle
- Investigating alternative cosmology theories
- Does fortune telling have a scientific basis?
- Law of attraction: fact or fiction?
- Men and women’s brain: what’s the difference?
👥 Sociology Research Paper Topics
As an additional interest for studies, a sociology research paper can be written with the purpose of learning this or that aspect of society’s life. You may use personal experience or continue the research started by other authors. Interesting research projects in this area can be based on the following topics:
- Problems of the marriage and family: a divorce research paper . This article can study the relationship in different families and problems that can arise.
- Observance of public behavior standards as the feature of the civilized society. You can describe modern social ideals.
- Comparison of sociological laws in different historical epochs. In your paper, study the attitudes towards various social phenomena.
- The influence of personality on public development and progress. You can describe the power of the personality and what one person can do to contribute to social development.
- Opportunities for searching optimal criteria for the personality socialization . Such a paper aims at revealing the ways of how people can uncover their potential.
- The society’s attitude to global problems : a global warming research paper and the impact of this phenomenon on people’s way of life. Describe this well-known ecological problem in your paper.
- Cultural formation of the personality in the context of modern public reality. This type of work can be connected with describing the ways of people’s cultural development.
- Attempts to socialize adolescents and people with deviant behavior. A research paper on this relevant topic should describe how people who are prone to criminal behavior can correct their way of life.
- Ways of improving the microclimate in the work collective and creating conditions for comfortable work. The theme aims at finding optimal techniques to improve relationships among employees.
- Equality problems in society . A paper on this topic should uncover modern problems connected with inequality and various forms of racism.
- Explore the causes of poverty in disadvantaged communities around the US.
- Review the health and education outcomes of children raised in single-parent families.
- What are the effects of social media on users’ mental well-being?
- Look into the presence of gender stereotypes in popular culture.
- What are the effects of mass immigration on communities and nations?
- Study the effects of lockdown-related social isolation on mental health.
- Is the Internet an adequate replacement for face-to-face communication?
- Research the causes of bullying and potential strategies for its prevention.
- What’s the status of LGBT communities in nations around the world?
- The effects of juvenile convictions on one’s life prospects.
- Write about the American population’s views on the dangers of pollution.
- Explore the stigma and social acceptance issues associated with transgender status.
- How does cyberbullying affect one’s health?
- Review the Internet’s influence on education.
- Assess the rationale of policies that restrict citizen reproduction.
- Research your community’s views on the concept of privacy.
- Health and education outcomes of children raised in same-sex families.
- Explore intergenerational differences in views on social topics.
- How do views on freedom of speech vary among people of different social categories?
- Make a case study on the prevalence of workplace gender discrimination in your community.
It is essential to remember that a good research paper on the subject of sociology will be appreciated by readers if you study a specific social phenomenon in detail, carry out statistical analysis, and perform a number of important procedures. The purpose of a research paper in this field is to cover current public issues, reveal important aspects of various problems, and, if possible, offer optimal solutions. This science requires concrete and well-grounded answers. Any deviations and ambiguous arguments can be regarded as an author’s incompetent attempt to investigate a complex topic.
With all of these topics at your disposal, you might still be feeling a little overwhelmed. However, they are divided into categories to make choosing one easier. It might also be helpful to look at some great research paper samples .
Composing a research proposal can sometimes be a part of a big study. If you not only want to describe a specific problem or to convey an idea to your readers, but also expect to promote your personal theory and receive the approval of a respected scientific community, it’s necessary to choose a topic which allows you to present your own ideas. Different types of writing can be included in this category: an analytical research paper, work on identifying the best ways and techniques for a particular topic, etc. The preparation of research proposal articles has some nuances, and the following topics can be studied:
- The way to conduct optimal trade relationships. Review appropriate techniques and offer specific methods to improve the situation in a particular company.
- The advantages of electronic management systems. This theme will be connected with describing the merits of modern ways of managing specific spheres of production.
- Useful innovations in modern life . Research paper subjects can be different: medicine, sociology, business, etc.
- The best management techniques: methods of control . A paper on this topic should describe the behavioral features of successful managers.
- The implementation of nursing theories in practice . The research paper proposal should have an appropriate scientific basis and describe corresponding medical issues.
- Best practice in the diagnosis and treatment of tuberculosis .
- What challenges are associated with the nationwide adoption of the DNP standard?
- Research current developments in palliative care for senior patients.
- Are there differences in leadership and management styles between genders?
- Assess the effects of tutoring on the educational attainment of school children.
- Compare the preferred management styles in different cultures.
- How do different states’ populations view the legalization of marijuana?
- Write about the underlying causes of Ancient Rome’s fall.
- Challenges in the adoption of electronic health records in medical facilities.
- What are the potential vulnerabilities of the AES-256 encryption standard?
- Research the link between loyalty to a company and career growth.
- How did Dante’s Inferno influence Christian depictions of Hell?
- A case study of Singaporean government and its economic policies.
- Review the financial environment and economic growth of Hong Kong.
- Causes and implications of the human waste issues in San Francisco.
- Assess the prevalence of smoking in the United States.
- Study the beneficial effects of early childhood musical education on later development.
- The philosophical and political underpinnings of the French Revolution .
- What are the effects of successful social media marketing campaigns on videogame sales?
- How did Confucian writings influence Chinese political thought?
The video below provides detailed instructions on how to write a research proposal. It is crucial to follow these rules so that the article to be up-to-date and properly formatted. Any attempts to bring something new are generally welcome; however, it is important not to forget about established rules.
👩⚕️ Nursing Research Paper Topics
A nursing research paper is an academic article that has specific format requirements. Citation rules in particular are very important, for example, an APA research paper format . In order to write a perfect paper and conduct high-quality research, follow the formatting rules and use any of these topics:
- Nursing techniques to care for patients in intensive care units. The summary of your research paper can include a description of the best practical methods.
- How do you implement nursing theories? Your paper can consist of the enumeration of specific nursing theories and the ways of their implementation in practice.
- Patients’ education and useful materials. The theme aims at discovering the best educational materials that would be suitable for patients.
- Ideas on how to achieve a better quality of nursing care. You can offer various interpretations of this topic in your research paper.
- Experienced researchers’ opinions on improving the state of nursing in hospitals. Use the ideas of different authors and don’t forget to follow the citation rules.
- Patient-oriented type of care and its advantages. This scientific research essay can reveal the merits of a specific nursing approach.
- Potential risks for nurses in the workplace. Both a junior research paper and a senior research paper of this theme should competently describe all possible dangers that medical employees can face.
- Care for people of different social backgrounds. If this research paper is written in English, it should uncover the ways how to care for people speaking other languages and having different cultural and social levels of development.
- Do nurses need additional stimuli to improve their qualifications? You can write many interesting research papers on this topic, and all of them can include lists of possible bonuses and incentives for nurses.
- The necessity for nurses’ additional education. A paper on this topic can describe subjects suitable for nursing education.
- How do you promote healthy eating practices in disadvantaged communities through educational programs?
- Research ways of providing preventative care for veterans affected by PTSD .
- Review the strategies of organizing nurse shifts to maximize the quality of care in understaffed conditions.
- Study cases of patient violence toward nurses in the intensive care unit.
- Preventing pressure ulcers in patients with mobility issues.
- Ways of implementing quality improvement in nursing units.
- What cultural competencies and challenges are typically encountered in nursing care?
- Review the methods for controlling delirium in the intensive care unit.
- Propose adjustments in sexual education to spread awareness of STD risks in same-sex relationships.
- Suggest interventions to prevent falls in patients staying at home.
- What are the issues of advanced practice nursing in different countries?
- Strategies for remaining productive under pressure as a nurse.
- Research alternatives to prescribing patients with infections antibiotics that bypass resistance.
- How to design effective interventions for child obesity rates reduction.
- Explore using exercise to maintain the physical well-being of hospital patients.
- What interventions can reduce alcoholism rates in your community?
- Analyze the implementation of evidence-based practice in nursing facilities.
- Ethical standards and issues that arise in the nursing profession.
- Review the methods of providing holistic care to patients.
- The dangers associated with telemedicine in medical-surgical nursing.
The compliance with the specific research project ideas will allow you to write a high-quality paper and will give you the opportunity to conduct research at a high level. Having completed the document, you can summarize and identify its crucial points. Following the rules of formatting is an integral part of working on any academic text.
🎨 Research Project Topics on Art
In the process of writing research articles, it is necessary to adhere to a certain topic. You can choose any theme you want. A research paper will be successful if you stick to your topic and provide a real search for optimal ways of solving a particular issue. There are a few suggestions that can be helpful in the process of writing. If we talk about such an interesting sphere as the world of art, themes can be as follows.
- How is ideology reflected in architecture? Naturally, ideologies are largely represented in media, but they also influence architecture in many ways. You can study this topic at several points in time.
- How does photography represent reality? In this paper, you can discuss if photography reflects reality, interprets it, or constructs it.
- The significance of linear perspective. If you draw a linear perspective on a flat surface, you will create the illusion of depth. Discuss how this magic trick works in your paper!
- Art and the unconscious mind. It’s an excellent topic that lets you explore psychology. Try to answer the questions of how the unconscious mind influences the creation and perception of art.
- The evolution of horror films. This film research paper topic covers everything from silent films to modern horror movies. You can discuss the influence of film noir on the genre, literary works that influenced it, the concept of “suspense,” and so on.
- Physiological aesthetics in Surrealism. It is a known fact that Surrealists were inspired by psychoanalysis and dream imagery. You can explore this topic in a paper or use it for a presentation!
- Deconstruction in architecture. The philosophical movement of deconstructivism influenced many spheres of life and art, including architecture. It allowed the creation of seemingly nonsensical forms and environments.
- Sociology of fine art. This is a relatively new branch of sociology, which deals with arts and social structures of their production. It also includes political trends that influence art, consumerism, and other social phenomena.
- Jewelry as sculpture. This topic lets you explore fantastic avant-garde jewelry and how contemporary artists such as Jeff Koons use it to create sculptures.
- The discourse of Modernist painting in the 1950s. This topic covers experimental and abstract paintings of artists who rejected the realistic approach. Mention political agendas that influenced modernism in the ’50th.
- Abstract Expressionism. Here you can discuss postwar artists such as Rothko and Pollock, as well as their predecessors Ernst and Kandinsky.
- Andy Warhol’s influence on art. This art research paper topic covers not only pop art, but also films, music, aphorisms, the concept of “superstars,” and other aspects of Andy Warhol’s influence.
- The art of street photography. Street photography is usually spontaneous, which helps to create realistic and powerful imagery. Write about the art of photographing urban landscapes and the most influential candid photographers.
- The history of animation. Techniques preceding animation have existed long before the invention of cinematography. Puppetry, shadow play, magic lantern – all these things relate to animation in one way or another.
- Are video games art? This idea seemed impossible in the past, but now many video games are considered art for their use of imagery, music, and compelling narrative.
- Art as a form of protest. This includes protests against tradition or political causes. You may also talk about the role of art in bringing about a change in society.
- Renaissance sculpture. This topic is just as interesting as the Renaissance painting. During that period, the art of sculpture had reached its peak. Sculptors of the Renaissance were influenced by Ancient Greek statues, as well as by Humanism.
- Relationship between architecture and environment. Here you can discuss eco-friendly or “green” architecture.
- Modern ceramics as an art form. In the last decade, ceramics became a very popular art form. From prehistoric pottery to intricate porcelain forms – ceramics is a great medium that can often be compared to sculpture.
- Science fiction in cinema. The earliest science fiction films were created back in the late 19th century by Georges Melies. In 1927, Fritz Lang’s silent film Metropolis revolutionized science fiction cinema. Explore it in your research paper!
- The peculiarities of Da Vinci’s masterpieces. The paper will reflect the talent of the great European master and describe his Best Works.
- The trends of art in Medieval Europe. The topic should uncover modern trends in the art of the Middle Ages and include the description of some styles; it can the article of any format, even a 10-page research paper. The main thing is to fully reveal all the distinctive features of that epoch.
- The history of European Art in the 20th century . The research can be devoted to some trends in the previous century.
- The most outstanding artists in the world’s history. The paper should tell about the most famous artists of all the epochs.
- Why do people appreciate art? This article can include your own ideas concerning the subject.
- How do artists reflect their talent today? Your task is to try to study the methods that modern artists use to attract the audience.
- Skills that a professional artist should possess. The aim of this article is to study some skills that should be necessary for the work of the artist. Regardless of whether you write research papers for sale or not, you should try to express not only well-known ideas but also your personal point of view.
- Is it possible to develop artistic talent? Try to express your ideas concerning the opportunity for mastering proper skills.
- The benefits of cooperation with other artists. This topic touches upon probable advantages that artists can gain when cooperating with their colleagues.
- Themes that are the best for the canvas. You can develop a number of research abstract topics on this theme and convey the best motives to paint that seem the most successful for you.
- The absence of inspiration. The theme should reveal what authors should do to develop their inspiration.
- Chronological order of art development in the world. It is a rather accurate paper that should mention the most significant stages of art development.
- Do people appreciate the work of artists? You could try to study the audience’s attitude toward artists’ work.
- The methods to attract young people to art. The topic is connected with a social issue and aims at popularizing art in masses.
- Do artists need additional knowledge? This theme implies for describing the necessity of education among all the professions, including artists and other creative posts.
🎼 Music Research Topics
Every culture has its distinct music. For many people, music is an integral part of everyday life. Film and theater productions use it to steer our emotions. When writing about music, you can choose from an endless number of ideas to research. Here are some examples:
- Music as a ritual. Back in prehistoric times, music was considered to be a powerful ritualistic practice. Some mythologies even include stories about gods introducing the art of music to humans.
- Early polyphony in Christian Europe. The earliest choral music was mostly performed in a single melodic line. See how it changed when more melodic lines were added.
- Indian ethnomusicology. This interesting music research topic is concerned with the peculiarities of Indian music culture. You can include the discussion of how Indian music influenced psychedelic rock in the ’60s.
- Jazz performance and improvisation. The element of spontaneity is very important in jazz performance, and improvisation is its key component.
- Medieval troubadours and their legacy. Troubadours were poets who sang their own music and played instruments. Their performances differed greatly from the traditional church music of that time.
- Ecomusicology of North America. This research topic allows you to discover the ways in which American landscape and nature influenced music, including Native American music, folk music, and modern songwriters.
- Baroque music. During the Baroque era, many important features of modern music were introduced. You can choose this topic if you like grandiose, dramatic, or playful classical music.
- The classical period in music. This period followed the after the Baroque and was very different from it. You can recognize it by simple structures and minimalistic arrangements. Many of the world’s greatest composers, such as Mozart and Beethoven, lived during the Classical era.
- Classical music of the 20th century. Over the course of the previous century, the music styles were changing like never before. Still, classical music survived, while also transforming itself in accordance with times.
- Music therapy for children. In this exciting music research topic, you can discover how music is used to help children with developmental dyspraxia, autism, ADHD, and other disorders.
- Music and sound in film. Discover for yourself the art of scoring – from improvised piano arrangements of early movies to modern stereo surround sound.
- The history of Italian opera . The Italian language played a key role in the formation of classical singing techniques. This includes opera – an art form that unites music and singing with storytelling.
- The 20th-century music industry. This topic is centered on various ways of recording and selling music. Vinyl records, wax cylinders, cassette tapes, and CDs – 20th-century technology allowed turning music into a business.
- The birth of pop music. The history of popular music begins in the 1950s. The term refers to the songs appealing to a large audience, as opposed to classical or jazz music. You can discuss the elements of early pop music that made it so accessible.
- The ideology and aesthetics of punk rock. Punk rock was enormously influential in the 1970th. Its philosophy of anti-conformity appealed to young people of post-war Britain and the USA.
- The musicology of electronic music. This exciting topic covers the earliest repetitive devices such as Hammond organ, early experimentations with electronics, the first use of computers and synthesizers in songwriting, and more!
- Sampling in electronic music: context and aesthetics. Sampling is a very interesting technique that allows using audio fragments in different contexts. It can be used for aesthetic or political reasons, or as a cultural commentary.
- What is a sound sculpture? A combination of an art object and music, sound sculptures are exciting to research. You can use this topic for presentation and demonstrate sound sculptures in action!
- Dadaism and music. Dadaist ideas of randomness and paradox influenced art as well as music. Discuss the noise compositions and avant-garde sonic experiments that influenced the latter half of the 20th century.
- Robotic musical instruments. You may think that robots playing music is a relatively new idea, but in fact, they date back to ancient times.
✍️ Creative Writing Research Topics
There are more rules to creative writing than one might think. For example, narratives should be coherent, and world-building has to follow certain logic. Analyzing these peculiarities brings you one step closer to becoming a better writer.
- The role of reality within the psychological thriller genre. Psychological thrillers often aim at distorting or questioning reality. Study the ways in which this idea manifests in different narratives.
- Graphic novels and their peculiarities. In modern times comic books are no longer considered to be just for entertainment, and graphic novel format is used to produce award-winning narratives.
- Writing about the past: historical research and archaeology. When your narrative takes place in the distant past, you need to do extensive research to represent the time period properly. One way to do it is to turn to archaeology.
- What is the role of landscape in supernatural narratives? Supernatural narratives rely on the atmosphere to evoke the feeling of uncanny. The setting and landscape are especially important to the writes of the supernatural genre.
- How to write engaging crime fiction? This topic includes the ways of building suspense, the use of “red herrings,” complex character development, and other tips.
- Digital storytelling. Here you can explore how to present your narrative in interactive digital form. It can be a video game, a visual novel, or a walking simulator.
- Writing about the future. When you write about the past, you already know the characteristics of an epoch. But how do you invent the attributes of the future? Discuss it in your paper!
- The influence of the author’s personal life on their writing. People often want to learn more about their favorite writers in the hope to understand their work better. But is there really such a connection between one’s personal and creative lives?
- The role of diaries in creative writing. Almost all writers keep diaries. Sometimes the diaries are published and used in research or literary analysis. But how do authors themselves use their diary entries?
- Creative writing for children. This excellent creative writing research topic deals with the ways of teaching children how to create their own narratives. You can discuss why writing is beneficial for children and how you can encourage them to be creative.
- The art of teaching poetry. Poetry is one of the most exciting art forms that never gets old. However, not everybody appreciates poetry right away. See how you can change it!
- What is the role of nature in romantic literature? Romantic artists and writers took lots of inspiration from nature, using it as a metaphor for one’s life and feelings.
- The role of authorial intent. Some readers think that it’s essential to know what the author wanted to say in their literary work. Others believe that it’s one’s personal interpretation that matters the most.
- A persona in poetry. The lyrical subject is someone who narrates a poem. Some people see it as the manifestation of the author, and others as a fictitious character. And what do you think?
- Degrees of realism in fiction. When writing a work of fiction, some writers use excessive descriptions, while others keep things relatively minimalistic. Discuss the positive and negative sides of these approaches.
- Forms of structure in films and novels: a comparison. Here you can compare different forms of narrative structures used in cinema and literature, such as linear and non-linear narratives, the use of flashbacks, and so on.
- How to write a comedy. Comics say that making people laugh is much harder than to make them cry. Discuss what makes a literary work funny, and how one can write effective comedy.
- The recontextualization of Hamlet. Recontextualization is a process by which something (e.g., a character) is taken from one context and introduced into another context. You can explore this notion through different recontextualizations of Shakespeare’s character Hamlet.
- Writing a dystopia. See what techniques you can use when writing a narrative set in a bleak society.
- Monomyth in literature. This exciting topic deals with the concept of “hero’s journey,” which serves as a basis for nearly all myths as well as countless works of fiction.
🎈 Other Research Paper Topics
You still haven’t found what you were looking for? This section might have what you need! Here you’ll find all kinds of topics. From psychology over physics to sociology, we compiled the most engaging ideas for you.
- American teenagers–can they be called new species?
- William Shakespeare: was this man the author of famous plays and sonnets?
- Do you have any ideas about the field circles?
- Black magic. Does it exist?
- Censorship and its role in forming a society
- The phenomenon of the penny press in the USA
- Symbolism in literature
- Alcatraz and its famous fugitives
- Major sources of stress
- Government grants–how do they work?
- Election falsification: is it commonly used, and what are its main techniques?
- Genetic engineering and your point of view on it
- Stem cell research
- What is a black hole?
- Loch Ness monster and your attitude towards this mystery
- Joan of Arc –did she manage to escape the fires of Inquisition?
- Do some research on techniques of brainwashing
- Who invented the radio?
- There is a belief that American astronauts didn’t step on the Moon. Did they?
- American international policy
- Unique people who changed the world
- Genius ideas that made their inventors famous and wealthy
- Is education a necessary factor to become successful in today’s world?
- Differences between the high school systems in the USA and Japan
- Schindler’s list: the importance of moral roles over wealth
- Educational programs’ impact on professional careers
- Why do college students from all over the world come to the USA to pursue further education?
- Examples of crop circles: Fake or real?
- Humanity’s technological achievements in 2023
- The importance of outlines in books and articles
- Web-designers seem to be using the same template in their works
- Exciting inventions of humankind in the nearest future
- Modern students do not know how to do their homework without access to the Internet
- The original cover page of the Holy Bible
- The development of the MLA style
- The cradle of psychology
- Controversial policies of the USA and the USSR
- How abortion affects a woman’s organism
- What did Homer write about his lifestyle?
- Famous people in the world’s history that did not exist
- Would people have become what they are today without science?
- Parts of the world that will always remain uninhabited
- Philosophical questions that humanity cannot answer for centuries
- Medical stereotypes around the world
- Will global warming ruin America’s economic system?
- The USA government should be thankful for the mass immigration
- The majority of scientific works are useless
- Things to research in the sphere of modern gadgets
- Should sociology make people happier?
- The lack of pure water sources on Earth
- The environment’s impact on people’s health
- Humanity’s steps towards eco-friendly products, cities, and vehicles
- Sherlock Holmes’ analytical mind and deduction skills
- Should parents teach their children how to make the world better for other people?
- Is business the only way to become wealthy in Third World countries?
- Analysis of William Shakespeare’s literary language
- Does a title tell everything about a book’s context?
- The Great Wall: A legendary monument or China’s income source?
- Should families report to the police that their relatives are guilty of something?
- The first websites, available on the World Wide Web
- New challenges to the society introduced by social media
- If you created your government, what would you do for your citizens?
- What career options are prevalent in modern societies?
- Chemistry in people’s everyday life
- Is there any person on Earth, whose life is considered to be easy?
- Is bribery acceptable for criminal justice?
- The most popular sports in Britain
- The population biology of India
- Basic nursing knowledge of everyday life
- Renaissance literature in France
- Think of a technology that would make our atmosphere cleaner
- Development of different animals after forty days on Noah’s Ark.
- What will the food be like in a hundred years?
- Socialization of children with autism
- The medieval art of Scandinavian people
- Different ways to save Earth’s environment from pollution
- Depression in adolescents: reasons and outcomes
- The importance of computer science in today’s world
- Coca-Cola marketing strategies
- Express your opinion on people’s purpose in life on Earth
- How do early childhood memories and experiences influence our lives?
- The history of video games era
- Regulation of bullying in schools by law
- Drugs industry in California, New Mexico, and Texas
- The most prevalent economic issues in Greece after joining the EU
- China’s rapid growth: is it going to become the first country in the world?
- Global dangers that influence our planet’s ecology
- Significant changes in the American media since the 1970s
- What makes medicine an interesting subject to study?
- The main factors to consider while conducting qualitative research
There are so many resources out there that will help you choose a topic and write an outstanding paper. This video gives you a bunch of topics for research papers, which means you now have even more from which to choose!
There is no doubt that writing a research paper is a daunting task.
If you feel you need help, even if you have managed to choose a topic, you can always hire a custom writing service to help you produce a fabulous research paper of which you will be proud and will guarantee you a good mark.
Whether you choose to write it on your own or get some help, we wish you luck writing your paper!
🤔 Research Topics FAQ
There are literally thousands of topics to choose from. “Biomarkers and colors: what is the correlation?” is a great topic on psychology. Should businesses be regulated: pros and cons is an exciting business research topic. Finally, Art as a form of protest is an art research topic worth exploring.
The first option is to ask your professor. Then you can browse through scientific journals and take a look at your library catalog. The final option for those who search for a creative idea is to take notes everywhere. Write things down while traveling, watching TV, and reading.
The Big Bang theory, Dwarf galaxies, and Supernova Astronomy are just a few of numerous astronomy research topics. Genetically modified organisms, Neurobiology of sleep, and Rainforest conservation are exciting research biology research topics. Artificial intelligence, Computer modeling, and Voice recognition are trendy computer science topics.
There are numerous exciting topics in various education research areas. Some of them are: Ability grouping, Computer literacy, Early childhood education, Multiculturalism, Parental involvement, Sex education, Violence in schools, and Virtual classrooms.
You might also be interested in:
- 280 Good Nursing Research Topics & Questions
- 226 Research Topics on Criminal Justice & Criminology
- 204 Research Topics on Technology & Computer Science
- 178 Best Research Titles about Cookery & Food
- 497 Interesting History Topics to Research
- 180 Best Education Research Topics & Ideas
- 110+ Micro- & Macroeconomics Research Topics
- 417 Business Research Topics for ABM Students
- 190+ Research Topics on Psychology & Communication
- 512 Research Topics on HumSS
- 281 Best Health & Medical Research Topics
- 501 Research Questions & Titles about Science
- Good Research Topics, Titles and Ideas for Your Paper
- APA Sample Paper
- Painting Movements in the 20th Century Topic
- The Discovery Themes Initiative at The Ohio State University
- Quantitative Research in Education
- Quantitative Research Works, Indiana University
- Organizing Academic Research Papers: Choosing a Title
- Research Topics, The University of Arizona
- Research Topic Ideas, University of Michigan-Flint
- National Archives—Research by Topic
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory—Research Topics List
- Global Health Research Topics
- National Institute of Justice—Topics
- National Institute of Standards and Technology—Topics
- Research Topics at U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Office of Research & Development
- National Institutes of Health—A to Z Topics Index
- Evaluating Print Sources
- Working With Sources
- Developing a Thesis
- Psychiatry: Medscape
- Information Technology: NIST
- Topics: History.com
- Research Programs: National Center for Education Research
- Recent Computer and Education Articles: Elsevier
- Basic Guide to Cross-Cultural Research: Yale University
- Cultural Anthropology: Britannica
- Top Physical and Tech News: Science Daily
- Health Topics: National Institute of Mental Health
- PhDs in Business & Management: Five Hot Research Topics: Top Universities
- Research and Focus Areas in Business and Government: Victoria University of Wellington
- Modern Literature: University of Portsmouth
- Research Areas: Political Science: Florida University
- Sociology Research Areas: Cornell University
- Focus Areas: Nursing Research: Mayo Clinic
- Share to Facebook
- Share to Twitter
- Share to LinkedIn
- Share to email
I ‘m looking for research topic on digital marketing
Hello, Wishadi! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
I’m doing a mini research on qualitative research. I need some topics for qualitative research.Can you help me?
Hello, Nazish! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
I am looking for research topics on dispensary optician care
Hello, Nuhu! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts will help you with any task
Im doing masters in computing and technology and im from electronics and communication i dont knos programming can u please suggest research topic based on this criteria.
Can you give me a title for a concept paper about civil engineering?
Hello! Try our Topic Generator . Or our experts can help you with any task
I am looking for research topic in english language or linguistics
Hello! You can try our Topic Generator . It can definitely help you!
please add some topics about Engineering and Technology
Interesting topics; please add more topics in management, organization, and some short research topics.
Thanks for the feedback, Gunjan 🙂
Recommended for You
178 Best Research Titles about Cookery & Food
If you think about it carefully, most of our lives are spinning around food. We talk about it all the time: planning what to eat next, recalling the delicious dishes we had before, and even watching culinary shows. The cookery and food industry is the largest one, among others. And...
224 Research Topics on Technology & Computer Science
Are you new to the world of technology? Do you need topics related to technology to write about? No worries, Custom-writing.org experts are here to help! In this article, we offer you a multitude of creative and interesting technology topics from various research areas, including information technology and computer science....
256 Research Topics on Criminal Justice & Criminology
Are you a law school student studying criminal behavior or forensic science? Or maybe just looking for good criminal justice topics, questions, and hypotheses? Look no further! Custom-writing.org experts offer a load of criminology research topics and titles for every occasion. Criminological theories, types of crime, the role of media...
150 Argumentative Research Paper Topics [2023 Upd.]
Argumentative research paper topics are a lot easier to find than to come up with. We always try to make your life easier. That’s why you should feel free to check out this list of the hottest and most controversial argumentative essay topics for 2023. In the article prepared by...
147 Social Studies Topics for Your Research Project
Social studies is an integrated research field. It includes a range of topics on social science and humanities, such as history, culture, geography, sociology, education, etc. A social studies essay might be assigned to any middle school, high school, or college student. It might seem like a daunting task, but...
Top 100 Research Topics & Titles about Food & TVL
When you look for a good research paper topic, you can easily become the severest critic of any proposed idea. Some topics do not interest you at the very least, while others might shock your teachers. Where is the golden mean? Check out this list of top 100 research paper...
- Top 50 Research Paper Topics In 2022!
Finding research paper topics that are interesting and hold the interest of your audience is quite a daunting task. Every college has made it a compulsion for its students to write research papers and if you're looking for different research paper topics argumentative or other then you must scroll through this article, as this article will solve your every problem from how to write it and which topic to choose.
College life is not easy, you need to go through a number of assignments, tests, and other activities to score good grades. Drafting a good research paper is not an easy task. You must make it amazing and powerful by following a few steps in the beginning. Stress more while choosing the topic.
How to write a perfect research paper topic for college?
So Let's get started with the steps you need to follow if you want to choose research paper topics for college.
Explore the field in which you have an interest
Finding a research paper topic that is easy to write is quite difficult. But to make the writing easy you can focus on the subject in which you have interest, this will make the task a bit easier. For example, if you have an interest in psychology, you must search for the research paper topics in psychology to make the job easier. The first and foremost point to start with writing a research paper is making a list of the subjects that you find interesting.
Explore a lot of information regarding your chosen topic
Now that you are done with choosing the research paper topics for college, the next step is to gather information about the particular topic. You can search online, refer to books, review articles, and other documents to make your research paper topic a big success. Moreover, you can check library sources too for more information.
Form a basic structure of your research paper topics
The easiest way to write a fabulous paper is to first form a basic infrastructure that will allow you to get a general idea of the available information regarding your chosen topic. Gather the information that is relevant to your topic then compile a list of what you are going to include in it. Remember to make the use of appropriate keywords that will grab the attention of your audience and make your research paper a big success.
Prioritize the guidelines of the tutor and your audience
Before you start writing the research paper topics you need to have some knowledge about your audience too. It is important to note whether or not your topic will catch their interest. Additionally, while drafting your research paper topics, keep in mind the guidelines provided by your instructor while giving you the topic. Try mixing the instructions with your topic of interest, but don't go too far.
By following these four simple instructions you can draft any research paper topics that are absolutely amazing.
Amazing research paper topics in 2022
Now that you've got some idea about choosing research paper topics that are interesting, let's move on to the next section that enlists some research paper topics for college. We will divide these 50 topics into five sections on education, psychology, environment, health, and politics. Have a look at different topics available to make your research paper perfect.
Research paper topics on psychology
- How is human psychology affected by yoga?
- Symptoms and treatment related to MPD.
- Effect of depression on a child's brain
- Impact of video game violence on children's brain
- Symptoms and causes of Alzheimer’s disease
- Impact on social platforms on humans
- Role of media in Child development
- Autism & its effects
- How does regular physical exercise change your mood?
- Cyberbullying and its results.
Research paper topics on education
- Discuss the admissions policies of the colleges
- Advantages and disadvantages related to paperless education
- Impact of social media platforms on school and college life
- Pros and cons of social networking in school
- How is funding important in education?
- Effect of modern technologies on education
- Home Schooling
- The positive impact of unique learning methods on child education
- A complete overview of literacy in America.
- Impact of Higher college fee on education.
Research Paper Topics on Health
- Insomnia causes & effects.
- How do sleeping pills affect human health?
- Effects of mental issues on human health
- Importance of health insurance
- Safety of plastic surgery on human health
- Relation between pregnancy and health care
- Cons of eating fast food
- How does overweight harm human health
- Legalization of steroids. Discuss
- Symptoms and causes of vision health.
Research Paper Topics on Environment
- Effect of rising of global warming on Environment.
- Discuss the importance of national parks at a large scale
- A complete overview of the greenhouse effect
- Discuss in detail the importance of small water bodies
- Marine pollution | Causes, and effects
- Regarding rainfall, discuss the role of fauna and flora.
- Effect of oil spills on Environment and ways to reduce it.
- Ways to protect endangered species
- Importance of past learning
- Discuss the positive impact of tropical rainforest on the Environment
Research Paper Topics on Politics
- Views on Budget deficit
- Views on Partisan politics
- Affirmative Action. Your views
- Views on Immigration & Emigration
- Analysis of global security networks
- Views on ethical guidelines of NGO
- Discuss the causes of global poverty
- Causes of the American revolution in detail
- Discuss various methods of community development
- Views on human right act 1998
So if you are confused about choosing the research paper topics that are interesting you can select from the above 50 research paper topics.
So this was all about getting your hands on the list of top 50 research paper topics argumentative. If you are still confused on how to draft perfect research paper topics then you can take help from the professionals. They will provide you with the best quality content for your research paper and draft it according to the guidelines provided by you. Otherwise, the above simple steps will help you a lot to draft a perfect research paper topic on your own. Happy writing!
Register here to get quick solutions to all homework problems.
Already have an Account? Log In
Sign in to get your assignments solved and get trained live sessions from our experts.
Forgotten your password? Enter your email address below, and we'll email instructions for setting a new one.
Research Paper Guide
Research Paper Topics
250+ Interesting Research Paper Topics for 2022
22 min read
Published on: Dec 5, 2017
Last updated on: Jan 23, 2023
On This Page On This Page
There are a number of tasks you will have to face when you enroll in a college. Most students feel stressed and tired, particularly when it comes to writing a research paper.
Some say the hardest part of drafting a text is to get started. However, selecting good research topics even precedes the starting point. This practice takes a lot of time and creativity. Therefore, exploring this complete guide will give you plenty of topic ideas in no time.
Most of the time, the instructors assign a list of topics to the students. While sometimes, they give you the freedom to come up with the topic of your choice.
This is where our list of best research paper topics will come in handy. The essay experts at MyPerfectWords.com have collected impressive ideas for your paper. We will assist you in turning an average research paper into an exceptional one.
How to Find a Good Research Paper Topic?
There are some special techniques you should follow to pick the right research paper topic. Follow the easy steps below to find good research paper topics.
1. Conduct Background Research
The first step is to conduct detailed background research by reviewing the existing literature. It will help to identify the history of a well-defined research problem. Similarly, it will also assist in developing research questions and a thesis statement .
2. Brainstorm Topic Ideas
Brainstorm research topic ideas and make a list of the general subjects. Narrow down to a specific field of study and choose the one that interests you the most. It is the key to producing an interesting and impressive writing piece.
You can further take help from your professor to identify a unique idea to write a research paper. Remember, it would be better to avoid controversial topics for research papers if you are not confident about justifying them.
3. Find Relevant Information
The next step is to find relevant information about your chosen topic. For this, read different points of view available on the internet. Also, consult scholarly sources like books and peer-reviewed articles to keep the facts straight and referable.
4. Use Keywords
Try to come up with a keyword and reach the best-suited topic according to your subject and preference. For example, the keyword ‘violence’ can provide you with a number of choices. It may include gun violence, domestic violence, and other essay topics related to abuse.
This step serves as a crucial strategy to grab the reader’s attention.
5. Keep Your Audience in Mind
Always keep your target audience in mind. It is another important element in selecting your high-school or college research paper topics.
For this, a writer must strictly comply with the instructor's preference and requirements. Make sure your topic gets approved before you begin with the writing process.
What is a Good Topic for a Research Paper?
A good research topic is the one that has the following characteristics;
Specific and Solid - the aims of research and expected results should be clear.
Original and Unique - a good research topic should be original. And the research should be aimed to be unique and never done before.
Extremely Important - It should be significant for the society, community, or to a field of study.
Relevant - It should be relevant for the readers.
Trending - These kinds of topics are the ones that spark interest among the readers and keep them interested.
What are the 6 Types of Research Questions?
Here are the 6 important types of research questions that you should know about when creating it for your research paper.
- Exploratory Questions - These questions are designed to explore the question in detail.
- Predictive Questions - These questions are used to predict the results of the research.
- Interpretive Questions - Interpretive research is conducted in the participants’ natural setting. These questions interpret how a group shares experiences.
- Descriptive Questions - It is a basic kind of question and it describes the main research topic in detail.
- Comparative Questions - Comparative questions compare one thing or occurrence with another.
- Relationship-based Questions - These questions are about understanding the relation between different variables.
Best Research Paper Topics 2022
Here are some impressive and easy research paper topics to write an extraordinary paper.
Research Paper Topics on Marketing and Business
- Explain workforce rules and regulations in Texas.
- How can we stop corporate abuse?
- Small business innovations to grow your business setup.
- Ways to reduce taxes in small businesses.
- Effective tips for women in business.
- How has marketing etiquette changed in the last few years?
- Why are stock markets becoming more popular?
- What are the positive effects of relationship marketing?
- How globalization impacts brand marketing?
- Can women prove to be better marketing experts than men?
Research Paper Topics on Economics
- Discuss Balanced vs. Unbalanced growth.
- How to improve the quality of life in developing countries?
- Ways to measure and manage inflation.
- Demand and supply analysis - A complete guide
- History trends in Income disparity.
- An easy guideline for property rights.
- Standards versus taxes as policy instruments.
- Explain the difference between private and public finance.
- Understanding the dynamics of economics and culture influence.
- Immigration and its impacts on the economy
Research Paper Topics on Current Affairs
- How has feminism changed over the years?
- Has the “Black Lives Matter” movement reduced racism in the United States?
- Are we moving towards World War 3?
- Has China decided to tackle its pollution problem?
- India: A poor nation or a superpower?
- Is the U.S. economy becoming stronger or weaker?
- How important is it to reduce the Federal budget deficit?
- How can police departments minimize the danger to officers from shooters?
- How can Chicago reduce the amount of violence and murders in the city?
- Should it be easier for people to become United States citizens?
Research Paper Topics on Education
- Should American students take a gap year between school and college?
- Discuss the concept of homeschool along with its benefits.
- Education and funding - A complete overview.
- Pros and cons of standardized tests - Discuss briefly.
- Do college students make more money?
- Should education be cheaper?
- How will modern technologies change the way of teaching in the future?
- The creation of particular learning methods for blind children.
- Benefits and risks of social networking in school.
- The role of technology in lesson planning.
Research Paper Topics on English Literature
- Similarities and differences between Shakespeare and Charles Dickens.
- Do you believe that Dickens failed after turning to serious and romantic novels?
- Examine controversies associated with Shakespeare.
- Literature as an instrument of propaganda.
- The American Dream in the 20th century’s literature.
- Religion and literature in a secular age.
- Discuss the works of Hemingway.
- Why did “Harry Potter” become so popular?
- Classify artificial languages in literature.
- What is the role of mythology in English literature?
College Research Paper Topics
- IELTS vs. TOEFL - Discuss the similarities and differences.
- College admission policies and criteria in the United States.
- How to plan for paying college tuition?
- Elaborate on ACT vs. SAT.
- Benefits of Distance learning.
- Impacts of China's one-child policy.
- Do students learn better in same-sex classrooms?
- Effect of the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Analyze the history of the relationship between the United States and North Korea.
- Should people be able to donate organs in exchange for money?
High School Research Paper Topics
- Discuss methods to prevent bullying at high schools.
- Study the ways to plan for high school tuition.
- How to handle diseases like AIDS?
- Future of science: Expectations vs Reality.
- Discuss political issues in the Middle East.
- Discuss the personality of Bill Clinton as a politician.
- Critically analyze the revolution of terrorism in the modern world.
- Developing relationships on the internet must be avoided. Why?
- How natural disasters have affected developing states?
- Examine Barack Obama’s life before and after the presidency.
Research Paper Topics on Health
- Effects of Fast-food culture on regional cuisines.
- Should there be a minimum weight limit for models?
- Unique school lunch ideas for kids.
- Should steroids be legalized?
- Should indoor smoking be banned by the government?
- The politics of climate change in Canada.
- Deafness and other communication disorders in children.
- Eye disease, vision health, and blindness - Major symptoms and causes.
- A detailed guide to Global health security - Threats and opportunities.
- Effects on household air pollution on human health.
Research Paper Topics on Abortion
- Critical analysis of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act.
- How to protect abortion clinics and the rights to protest?
- Facts of the Partial-birth abortion.
- Can abortion be viewed as murder?
- Is it right for abortion clinics to profit from terminating pregnancies?
- Adverse psychological effects on families that decided to do an abortion.
- Abortion as an ethical problem.
- Correlation between religion and abortion.
- The number of abortions may affect the birth rate - Discuss?
- The prohibition of abortion may have dreadful consequences.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
- Causes of depression among youth.
- Define Memory and its types.
- Why do we dream?
- Criminal psychology vs. Forensic psychology.
- Child abuse - Ways to prevent it.
- The relation between obesity and watching TV.
- Discuss the psychological reasons for mental stress.
- Elaborate on the link between mental health and child obesity.
- Are later mental health issues related to childhood trauma?
- Divorce – The influence on children
Related: Psychology Research Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
Research Paper Topics on Adoption
- Foster care: Issues and Concerns
- An overview of children with special needs.
- How is cross-cultural adoption raising sensitive issues?
- Psychological issues faced adopted children.
- Standard procedures of same-sex couples looking to adopt.
- Adult adoption - Discuss complete processes and laws.
- Positive and negative aspects of DNA profiling.
- Discuss the problems after adopting a child.
- Open adoption is the biggest lie. Discuss.
- Should adopted children be allowed to contact their real parents?
Research Paper Topics on Information Technology
- Instant messaging affects literacy. Discuss the reasons?
- Violent video games are the reason for juvenile delinquency.
- Best Spotify and related apps you should try.
- Discuss the long-term effects of living in a technological world.
- How has social media helped to solve world problems?
- Information technologies and the internet has made work from home the norm. Explain.
- Impacts of digital learning on schools and education.
- How technology is impacting globalization and the global economy?
- How can people use information technology to change the world?
- The Internet does need control and censorship. Comment.
Research Paper Topics on Media and Communication
- Say NO to online censorship.
- Ways to detect bias in the news media?
- Impacts of advertising on children.
- Reality TV - How it works?
- Freedom of speech - Why is it an important right?
- Explore the examples of political correctness.
- Significance of media in war against crimes.
- Examine the concept of freedom & rights of expression in a democratic state.
- Describe the conflict between Media and religion.
- Discuss the history of the film industry.
Research Paper Topics on Computer Science
- Open Source software and its importance.
- Everything you need to know about Blockchain.
- A beginner’s guide to SEO basics.
- Is Mac safer than windows?
- Is Artificial Intelligence the right thing to do?
- Neuron networks and machine learning.
- What is the importance of big data analysis?
- All about computer assistance in support services.
- Concept of database architecture and management.
- Digital security vs private information.
Sociological Research Paper Topics
- Overview of Gun laws in the United States.
- Hate crime - A brief review.
- How to prevent identity theft?
- Discuss the causes and types of Poverty.
- Trends and patterns in interracial marriage.
- Airline safety tips - A beginner’s guide.
- Impacts of social media on youth.
- 5 Types of Birth control options.
- A critical analysis of youth cultures.
- Class Conflict in the 21st century
Related: Interesting Sociology Research Topics & Ideas for Students
Research Paper Topics on Religion
- Discuss the popular new age religions.
- How do religions influence morality?
- Elaborate on the concept of freedom of religion.
- Briefly discuss the world's religions with no god.
- The rise of modernism in Religion.
- Christianity and the global economic order.
- What is the role of the Church in the 19th century’s social action?
- American’s view of Church sex abuse scandals.
- Ways to handle religion in the workplace.
- Discuss the relationship between world religions and science.
Research Paper Topics on Bullying
- Top punishments for bullying.
- Cyberbullying and how to stop it.
- Types and consequences of Individual bullying.
- Should laws be enforced to stop bullying?
- Can bullying be a cause for murder?
- What should school authorities do to fight to bully?
- How to identify and manage workplace bullying?
- What does it feel like to be bullied?
- Do bullies specifically choose their targets in school?
- Do people abandon unwanted behavior when they graduate school?
Research Paper Topics on Culture
- Explore the evolution of rap music.
- Is Ethnic conflict avoidable?
- Does religion influence culture and to what extent?
- How do different cultures deal with deaths?
- Culture of my community - A detailed overview
- Gender roles in different cultures - A cross-cultural perspective.
- Discuss the History of cultural revolutions.
- 10 most prominent cultural events of the 20th century.
- Struggles of Interracial Relationships
- The power of Mentoring minorities in the workplace.
Argumentative Research Paper Topics
- Who is to blame for homelessness?
- What should the ideal age for alcohol consumption be?
- Curfews for young adults - Discuss the reasons and consequences
- Can a family survive on the US minimum wage?
- Money itself isn’t the cause of evil but how you choose to use it.
- The death sentence should be activated in every country of the world.
- Smoking in public places has to be banned.
- Should court proceedings be documented for television?
- Why should we lower the voting age?
- Pros and cons of globalization
Persuasive Research Paper Topics
- Kids should be allowed to have their own pets. Elaborate on the reasons.
- Reasons why junk meals must be banned from schools.
- Analyze the productive ways to spend money.
- Parents should be more engaged in the educational process. Why?
- Vaccines have more negative effects than positive ones. Discuss.
- Patients with chronic diseases should be sent to mental hospitals.
- Why is it important to stop the production and selling of weapons?
- What are the major reasons to remain honest in life situations?
- Hobbies do help people with their careers. How?
- Why is an effective time management strategy important for jobs?
History Research Paper Topics
- Cause of the decline of the Mughal dynasty.
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- Effects Julius Caesar had in Rome.
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- Discuss the use of weapons in Ancient Civilizations.
- Bridal Ceremonies in Ancient Rome - A brief overview.
- Social Relationships in Medieval Europe - A case study.
- Understanding the impacts of Apartheid.
- Describe the main causes of the Thirty Years War.
- History of gender bias in England.
Research Paper Topics on Arts
- Differences in the Italian Renaissance and Northern Renaissance.
- Impacts famous artists had on the world.
- Explain the art of Ancient Egypt.
- Art therapy is used to heal people. How?
- Is photography an art?
- Discuss the history of the Bauhaus Movement.
- Discuss the concept of censorship in art.
- Digital art and its rise.
- Hollywood vs. Bollywood.
- Fine art vs. Folk art.
Easy Research Paper Topics
- Steps involved in making a music video?
- Discuss the factors that can stop sexual harassment.
- The negative impacts of feminism on the employment culture.
- How to deal with personality orders?
- Why white-collar jobs losing their significance?
- Discuss the consequences of homeschooling.
- Effects of using plastic bags.
- How to solve the issue of gender discrimination at workplaces?
- Factors that can influence the behavior of an individual.
- Impacts of social networks on mental health
Research Paper Topics on World Problems
- Discuss the examples of human rights violations.
- Consequences of the shortage of natural resources.
- What is the difference between global warming and climate change?
- The crisis of water pollution and shortage.
- Violence and Conflict Resolution in the changing world order.
- World Trade and Tourism - A global agenda for sustainable development.
- How can we overcome the challenge of corruption in governance?
- Discuss the brief history of space exploration.
- What are the effects of migration on the urban population?
- Discuss top wild animals’ endangered species.
Research Paper Topics on Criminal Justice
- Should the police use body cameras?
- What is White-collar crime? Discuss examples.
- Penalties for DUI (Drinking Under the Influence) should be made stricter. Why?
- Discuss laws that protect animal rights.
- 10 facts about hate crimes.
- Causes of Sexual harassment in the workplace.
- What action should the government take to address police brutality?
- Ethics of Assisted suicide.
- Is it possible to cure a serial killer?
- What can we do to curb domestic violence?
Funny Research Paper Topics
- How companies can improve their odds by becoming a unicorn?
- Pop art vs. lady gaga.
- The art of erasing bad memories and only remembering good ones.
- Can chicken feathers determine the speed of tornados?
- Harry Potter and the world of wizards.
- Do You Love Using Your Surname?
- Why Do Most People Love Watching Funny Animal Videos?
- Do You Know What Your Pet Dog Is Thinking?
- All Men Know How To Pick The Right Clothes.
- School Dropouts Are The Best In Our Society.
Good Research Paper Topics
Here are some good research paper topics for you to choose from for your paper.
US History Research Paper Topics
- The American Revolution
- The American Civil War
- The US Constitution
- The American West
- US Presidents
- US Foreign Policy
- The Cold War
- Civil Rights in America
- Latin America and the US
- The Environmental Movement in America
Research Paper Topics on Social Media
- Social media and its effect on human behavior
- The impact of social media on society
- Social media and marketing
- Social media and cyberbullying
- The rise of social media
- Social media and privacy
- Social media addiction
- How social media is changing the way we communicate
- The pros and cons of social media
- Social media and democracy
Research Paper Topics for English Linguistics
- The history and evolution of the English language
- The different dialects of English and their origins
- The influence of English on other languages
- The impact of technology on the English language
- The role of the media in shaping the English language
- The challenges of teaching English as a second language
- The importance of English in the global context
- The future of the English language
- The impact of globalization on the English language
- The role of English in education.
Controversial Research Paper Topics
- Religious freedom
- Violence in media content.
- The limits of self-defense
- Psychological effects of hate crimes
- Gender equality will never exist.
- The medical tourism issue.
- Bloggers are not journalists.
- Is politics always a dirty game?
- Religion is not based on science
- The ethical issues of human cloning.
Nursing Research Paper Topics
- Causes of childhood obesity
- Psychiatric patient ethics
- Common measles complications in children
- Features of the classification of nurses.
- What is epidural?
- How does alcohol addiction happen?
- Proper treatment of sleep disorders
- Major causes of Type II diabetes.
- Drive-thru pharmacy
- Ethical rules on infertility
Research Paper Topics in Chemistry
- Acids properties
- Lewis structure study
- Gas laws application
- The future of inorganic chemistry
- Define and describe steroids
- What is enzyme kinetics?
- Photons and physical chemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- Metal oxides in electronics
- The main stages of gasoline production
Ethical Research Paper Topics
- Is donating organs morally justified?
- Ethics and homeless people treatment.
- Is it legal for judges to lie?
- Is assisted suicide not the same as murder?
- The basic notions of ethics
- Bias among employees
- Is it mandatory to give flu shots to kids?
- Role of ethics in friendship
- The issue of truth in ethics
- The correlation between ethics and philosophy
Environmental Research Paper Topics
- Water management
- The scientific standpoint for climate change
- Noise and light pollution
- History of environmental studies
- How and why does acid rain forms?
- Can humans survive without bees?
- Reinforcing the ozone layer: is it possible?
- Evaluate what is meant by urban ecology
- Noise pollution and modernization
- Long-term repercussions of plastic pollution.
Politics Research Paper Topics
- Election ethics
- The interdependence of modern leaders
- The impact of political scandals
- News coverage media bias
- China-US relations in 2022
- The Swedish immigrant crisis
- How did the Afghanistan war start?
- Chinese political thought
- Children soldiers in Africa
- The foreign policy of your country.
Science and Technology Research Paper Topics
- Evolution of war technology
- 5 major fields of robotics
- How to eliminate stalking?
- The impact of digital learning on schools
- Discuss the internet of things story
- How can the internet be improved?
- Types of software security
- IT project management
- Can technology help people quit smoking?
- Cloud computing vs. artificial intelligence
Law Research Paper Topics
- The different types of crime
- Business laws in Africa
- Environmental and wildlife crimes
- The pros and cons of federalism
- Is it time to reform US family law?
- Women and religion
- How does the law regulate drugs?
- The way biometrics affect cybersecurity.
- Importance of capacity to contract
- Intelligent design
Social Research Paper Topics
- Rise of hate groups in society
- How are secure social networks?
- Class and parenting styles
- How has fast food affected society?
- Political culture in the U.S.
- Socialism and its effectiveness
- Class stratification and inequality
- Impact of bullying on mental health
- Importance of marriage
- What are the benefits of arranged marriage?
The above-given interesting research topics will help you write a perfect research paper.
If you still need more good ideas, seeking essay writing help is what most students prefer.
Keep in mind that the writing industry has a lot of fake and inexperienced writers. And if you're not careful, you might be scammed easily. So when choosing a paper writing service, you need to be very careful.
Similarly, most companies do not hire subject specialists with advanced knowledge and expertise. This is where MyPerfectWords.com comes in, the best essay writing service .
Our professionals have Master's and PhD degrees. We work with an aim to provide 100% original and high-quality papers.
Similarly, our company makes sure to assign a subject specialist to work on your research paper at affordable rates. We will not only select research paper topic ideas for you but also assist in writing your paper from scratch.
Simply place your order now to work with our best essay writer to get your paper done.
Nova A. (Literature, Marketing)
Nova Allison is a Digital Content Strategist with over eight years of experience. Nova has also worked as a technical and scientific writer. She is majorly involved in developing and reviewing online content plans that engage and resonate with audiences. Nova has a passion for writing that engages and informs her readers.
People also read
Writing A Research Paper - A Step by Step Guide
Research Paper Example - APA and MLA Format
Research Paper Outline - A Complete Guide with Examples
Research Proposal - A Complete Format Guide and Template
How to Start a Research Paper - 7 Easy Steps
How to Write an Abstract - A Step by Step Guide
Learn How To Write A Literature Review In Simple Steps
Qualitative Research - Methods, Types, and Examples
Types Of Qualitative Research - Overview & Examples
Qualitative vs Quantitative Research - Learning the Basics
Psychology Research Topics - 200+ Interesting Ideas
Learn How to Write a Hypothesis in Simple Steps
Types of Research With Examples - A Detailed Guide
Quantitative Research - Types & Data Collection Techniques
Interesting Sociology Research Topics & Ideas for Students
How to Cite a Research Paper - Learn with Helpful Examples
Interesting History Research Paper Topics (2022)
How to Write a Research Methodology for a Research Paper
Share this article
We value your privacy
Website Data Collection
Are you sure you want to cancel?
Your preferences have not been saved.
My Speech Class
Public Speaking Tips & Speech Topics
717 Good Research Paper Topics
Jim Peterson has over 20 years experience on speech writing. He wrote over 300 free speech topic ideas and how-to guides for any kind of public speaking and speech writing assignments at My Speech Class.
Some examples of common research paper styles include:
- Argumentative Research Papers
- Persuasive Research Papers
- Education Research Papers
- Analytical Research Papers
- Informative Research Papers
Your research essay topic may also need to be related to the specific class you are taking. For example, an economics class may require a business research paper, while a class on human behavior may call for a psychology research paper.
The requirements for your paper will vary depending on whether you are in high school, college, or a postgraduate student. In high school, you may be able to choose an easy topic and cite five or six sources you found on Google or Yahoo!, but college term papers require more in-depth research from reliable sources, such as scholarly books and peer-reviewed journals.
Do you need some help with brainstorming for topics? Some common research paper topics include abortion, birth control, child abuse, gun control, history, climate change, social media, AI, global warming, health, science, and technology.
But we have many more!
On this page, we have hundreds of good research paper topics across a wide range of subject fields. Each of these topics could be used “as is” to write your paper, or as a starting point to develop your own topic ideas.
Can We Write Your Speech?
Get your audience blown away with help from a professional speechwriter. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
How to Choose Your Research Paper Topic
The first step to developing an interesting research paper is choosing a good topic. Finding a topic can be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to start. Finding the Right Research Paper Topic
If you are in a class that allows you to choose your own term paper topic, there are some important areas to consider before you begin your project:
Your Level of Interest: Research papers are time-consuming; you will be spending countless hours researching the topic and related topics, developing several primary and secondary sources, and putting everything together into a paper that is coherent and accomplishes your objectives. If you do not choose a topic you are passionate about, the process will be far more tedious, and the finished product may suffer as a result.
Your Level of Experience: Being interested in a topic is great, but it is even more helpful if you already know something about it. If you can find a topic that you already have some personal and/or professional experience with, it will vastly reduce the amount of research needed and make the whole process much easier.
Available Information on the Topic: Be sure to choose a topic that is not only interesting but also one that has numerous sources available from which to compile your research. A researchable topic with several potential sources gives you access to the level of information you need to become an authority on the subject.
Your Audience: An interesting topic to you may not necessarily be interesting to your professor or whoever is grading your research paper. Before you begin, consider the level of interest of the person(s) who will be reading it. If you are writing a persuasive or argumentative essay, also consider their point of view on the subject matter.
As you begin researching your topic, you may want to revise your thesis statement based on new information you have learned. This is perfectly fine, just have fun and pursue the truth, wherever it leads. If you find that you are not having fun during the research phase, you may want to reconsider the topic you have chosen.
The process of writing the research paper is going to be very time consuming so it’s important to select a topic that is going to sustain your interest for the duration of the project. It is good to select a topic that is relevant to your life since you are going to spend a long time researching and writing about it. Perhaps you are considering starting your own business or pursuing a career in politics. Look through the suggested research paper topics and find one in a category that you can relate to easily. Finding a topic that you have some personal interest in will help make the arduous task a lot easier, and the project will have better results because of your vested interest.
Our List of Research Topics and Issues
Affirmative action, health, pharmacy, medical treatments, interpersonal communication, marketing and advertising, barack obama, discrimination, bill clinton, hilary clinton, computer crimes and security, cosmetic surgery, controversial, criminal justice, donald trump, easy/simple, environment, family violence, foreign policy, gambling and lotteries, the lgbtq community, generational conflict, gun control, hate crimes, immigration, middle east, maternity/paternity leave, natural disasters, police work, population explosion, pornography, prisons and prisoners, prostitution, ronald reagan, student loan debt, teen issues, women, mothers, what, why, and how, relationships.
We compiled an exhaustive list of topics that would make excellent research papers. The topics are specifically organized to help you find one that will work for your project. Broad topics are headed, and then below them are narrowed topics, all to help you find an area to focus on. The way we have organized the topics for research papers can save you lots of time getting prepared to write your research paper.
We have topics that fit into categories that cover such areas as education, environmental sciences, communication and languages, current events, politics, business, criminal justice, art, psychology, economics to name just a few. Simply get started by choosing the category that interests you and peruse through the topics listed in that category and you’ll be well on your way to constructing an excellent research paper.
Be sure to check other topics ideas: persuasive speech topics , argumentative speech topics , policy speech topics . We also have some sample outlines and essay templates .
- What limits are responsible?
- What limits are realistic?
- How to protect abortion doctors, pregnant women, and the protection of abortion clinics vs. the right to protest
- Partial birth abortion
- Scientific evidence vs. definition of viability
- Stem cell research
- Unborn victims of violence
- Relative equality has been achieved vs. serious inequities continue
- Can racial balance in business, education, and the military be achieved without policies that promote Affirmative Action
- Reverse discrimination
- NOW, National Organization for Women
- No government support vs. fairness to parents who pay twice for education
- Separation of church and state vs. religion’s contribution to the public good
- Placement by age vs. placement by academic ability
- Mainstreaming students with disabilities vs. special classrooms for their special needs
- Required standardized tests for advancement vs. course requirements only
- National standardized tests vs. local control of education
- Discrimination in education
- Multicultural/bilingual education vs. traditional basics
- Teacher competency tests vs. degree requirements only
- Teacher’s needs/demands vs. teaching as a service profession
- Policing schools
- School’s responsibility vs. parental responsibility for school violence
- Drug and alcohol abuse, pregnancy, suicide
- Zero tolerance toward violence vs. toughness with flexibility
- Permit corporal punishment
- Exams often do little more than measure a person’s ability to take exams. Should exams be outlawed in favor of another form of assessment?
- Should teens in the U.S. adopt the British custom of taking a “gap year” between high school and college?
- In some European schools, fewer than 10% of students get “As”. Is there grade inflation in the U.S.? Why so many “As” for Americans?
- Education and funding
- Grade inflation
- No Child Left Behind Act: Is it working?
- Home schooling
- Standardized tests
- Are children smarter (or more socialized) because of the Internet?
- Should the federal government be allowed to regulate information on the internet?
- How has the music industry been affected by the internet and digital downloading?
- How does a search engine work?
- What are the effects of prolonged steroid use on the human body?
- What are the benefits and hazards of medical marijuana?
- How does tobacco use affect the human body?
- Do the benefits of vaccination outweigh the risks?
- What are some common sleep disorders and how are they treated?
- What are the risks of artificial tanning or prolonged exposure to the sun?
- Should thin people have to pay Medicare and other health costs for the health problems of obese people? Should obese people have higher premiums?
- Low carbohydrate vs. low fat diets
- Benefits of weight training vs. aerobics
- How much weekly exercise is needed to achieve lasting health benefits
- Health websites give too much information
- Psychological disorders, such as cutting and self-harm, eating disorders, Autism, Tourette Syndrome, ADHD, ADD, Asperger Syndrome
- Are we taking it too far by blaming fast food restaurants for obesity? When is it individual responsibility and when is it appropriate to place blame?
- Should companies allow employees to exercise on work time?
- Steroids, Antibiotics, Sprays; Are food manufacturers killing us?
- Alternative medicine
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Causes of eating disorders, society’s portrayal of women
- Eating disorders statistics
- Down’s syndrome
- Birth control
- Dietary supplements
- Exercise and fitness
- Heart disease
- In vitro fertilization
- Attention deficit disorder
- Investigate the history and authenticity of ADHD and ADD.
- Organic foods
- Prescription drugs
- Learning disabilities
- Coma recovery: techniques, successes, new strategies.
- What are the primary types of cancer, and in what ways are they related?
- Investigate the success ratio of holistic and non-medical cancer treatments.
- Is Alzheimer’s inevitable? Examine theories regarding its prevention.
- What forms of physical degeneracy are seen as linked to aging?
- Investigate the connections between emotional stability and physical well-being, and provide evidence as to how the two may be related.
- Investigate differences in rates of injury recovery and overcoming illness based on cultural parameters.
- Examine the modern history of viral epidemics, researching what is known about the emergence of deadly viruses.
- Examine how congenital heart disease may be treated, and how it differs from other forms of heart disease.
- Is occasional depression a natural state to an extent, and is society too eager to treat this as a disorder?
- Investigate Sociopathy, determine biological and psychological roots, typical patterns, and potentials of treatment.
- How are compulsive behaviors determined as such? Explore examples of anal retention and expulsion, OCD, etc., as offering accepted criteria.
- Research and analyze the nature of codependency as both a normal state of relations and as an unhealthy extreme.
- Investigate the history and practice of electroshock, analyzing how and why this extreme treatment came to be widely used.
- Hoarding: symptoms and treatments, causes, types of hoarding
- Limits on extraordinary, costly treatments vs. doing everything possible
- Nutritional/alternative therapy vs. mainstream medical treatment insurance coverage for alternative treatment?
- Government grants for alternative treatment research?
- Health superiority of alternative treatments?
- Assisted suicide vs. preservation of life
- Governmental insurance requirements
- Should there be a national database to track controlled substances (i.e., OXYCODONE) or should it be a state issue?
- Should parents avoid vaccinating their children?
- Decline of communication due to technology
- Online social networks and their influence
- Impact of texting and cell phones
- How do men and women communicate differently using body language, and why does it matter (in dating, the workplace, and social circles)?
- Limitations of the media
- Marketing to children
- Sexual innuendos in marketing
- Global marketing trends
- Should certain kinds of ads be banned in the interest of health/morality/annoyance – alcohol, cigarettes, prescription meds, etc…?
- Children’s programming and advertising
- Most controversial political ads
- Media response and public outcry to political ads
- Campaign funds and their relation to political advertising
- Domestic policy
- Separation of church and state
- Judge nominations and make up of supreme court
- Congressional opposition to presidential nominees/filibusters
- Affirmative action
- Erosion of civil liberties vs. protection against terrorism
- Patriot Act One and Two
- Most developed nations have universal health coverage. Why doesn’t the U.S., the wealthiest nation, have it?
- Tax cut as economic stimulation
- Needs of the states vs. needs of the individuals
- Budget deficits and deficit spending
- Rich vs. poor
- Protection of victims vs. freedom of speech/rights of the accused
- How to improve race relations
- Women still earn only 75 cents for every $1 a man earns. Explain why.
- Discrimination in the workplace: analyzing issues for today’s corporations.
- Gender discrimination
- Interracial marriage
- Should government impose restrictions on what kinds of foods can be served in school cafeterias?
- Pros and cons of school uniforms.
- Do children learn better in boys-only and girls-only schools?
- Charter schools
- Prayer in schools
- Rights of the individual vs. community safety (or campus safety)
- Funding for research
- U.S. obligation to third world countries
- Manufacturing of generic drugs vs. U.S. pharmaceutical companies
- How contagious diseases “jump” from animal hosts to human
- What treatments are available to people infected with HIV and are they effective?
- Right to privacy of a child with AIDS vs. safety of other children
- Limits for campus safety vs. personal freedom
- Implications on violence and crime
- Issues with binge drinking
- Should the U.S. lower the drinking age to 18?
- Leniency because of condition vs. community safety
- Revoking drivers license vs. being able to attend classes and work
- Age discrimination of violators
- Animal rights vs. medical research
- Should it be illegal to use animals for sports and entertainment?
- Humane treatment of animals vs. factory farms
- Animal welfare in slaughter houses
- Animal protection vs. business, employment interests
- School prestige vs. academic standards
- Should shoe companies be able to give away free shoes and equipment to high school athletes?
- Should college athletes be paid?
- Doping in sports
- What are the effects on children whose parents push them in sports?
- Steroids: Should they be legalized?
- Title IX: Has it helped women’s sports? Has it harmed men’s sports?
- Social effects of team sports
- Needed in public school library/curriculum?
- Needed in entertainment industry?
- Needed on the Internet?
- Should parents censor textbooks and other literature for children in schools?
- Parental filters on the Internet. Does censorship actually increase curiosity and use of pornography?
- How is internet censorship used in China and around the world?
- How has United States censorship changed over the decades?
- Democratic kingmaker, influence on political succession
- Impact of global initiative
- Influence on fundraising
- Influence as Secretary of State
- Foreign policies
- Influence on women
- ACT or SAT score requirements
- Promotional techniques, such as 1st time scholarships
- 4 year vs. 2 year colleges
- College admission policies
- College tuition planning
- Distance education
- Diploma mills
- Online porn vs. freedom of speech
- Stalking, invasion of privacy vs. reasonable access
- Hacking crimes–workable solutions?
- What are the latest ways to steal identity and money?
- From where does spam email come and can we stop it?
- How do computer viruses spread and in what ways do they affect computers?
- Cyber security
- Securing Internet commerce: is it possible in today’s arms’ race of hackers and evolving technology?
- Is downloading of media (music, videos, software) infringing on the rights of media producers and causing economic hardships on media creators?
- Should media producers prosecute students and individuals that they suspect of downloading copyrighted materials?
- Programs such as SPOTIFY and PANDORA
- Copyright Law
- Age limitations on surgery
- Addiction to surgery
- Demand for beauty by society
- The dangers of breast implants for teenagers
- The cost of cosmetic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Weight loss surgery
- Are surgeons “scissor happy,” and are surgeries widely unnecessarily
- Negative texting, instant messaging, email
- Is cyber-bullying as bad as face-to-face?
- Kinds of punishment for cyber-bullying
- Media response
- Should the state or federal government put laws into place to prevent bullying?
- Is homosexuality a choice, or are people born gay?
- Evolution vs. Creationism.
- Should “under God” remain in the Pledge of Allegiance?
- Is healthcare a right or a privilege?
- Fossil fuels vs. alternative energy.
- Transgender bathroom policies.
- Capitalism vs. socialism.
- Should parents be allowed to spank their children?
- Should sanctuary cities lose their federal funding?
- The pros and cons of gun control.
- Should the U.S. continue drone strikes in foreign countries?
- Was the U.S. justified in going to war with Iraq?
- How to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- The pros and cons of animal testing.
- Do pro athletes have the right to sit during the national anthem?
- Incarceration rates in the U.S.
- Technology and the criminal justice system.
- Police brutality and minorities.
- Should the police wear body cameras?
- In what circumstances should the death penalty be allowed?
- Should we have stiffer penalties for drunk driving?
- Should those who text while driving be put in jail?
- White-collar crime and punishment.
- Criminalizing protests and activism.
- The rise of wrongful convictions.
- Mutual consent vs. exploitation
- Campuses with “no touch” policy
- Drugs associated to Date Rape
- Violence and Rape
- Government support vs. parental financing
- Benefits vs. harmful effects
- Trump’s unconventional presidential campaign.
- The psychology of Donald Trump.
- Who is behind Trump’s political rise?
- Donald Trump and evangelical voters.
- Donald Trump the businessman.
- Trump’s war on the press (aka “fake news”).
- The Trump Organization and conflicts of interest.
- The border wall and illegal immigration policy.
- Global warming and climate change policy.
- Trump-Russia collusion.
- The rapid rise of “The Resistance.”
- Trump’s legislative agenda; e.g., health care, tax policy, deregulation, etc.
- Trump’s “America First” trade and foreign policy.
- The case for (or against) the Trump presidency.
- Punishment vs. treatment
- Family reactions
- Social acceptance
- Community safety vs. legalization
- United States military involvement in Colombian drug trade?
- Drug legalization
- Abstinence Program: Do they work?
- Should the federal government legalize the use of marijuana?
- What is the true key to happiness?
- What is the cause of America’s obesity crisis?
- Why sleep is necessary.
- Are plastic bottles really bad for you?
- How to encourage people to recycle more.
- How 3D printers benefit everyone.
- How do GPS systems on smartphones work?
- How have oil spills impacted the environment?
- Verbal vs. nonverbal communication.
- The accuracy of lie detector tests.
- How Bill Gates and Steve Jobs changed the world.
- The pros and cons of hitchhiking.
- The PC vs. the Mac.
- What causes tornadoes?
- Pollution, air, and water
- Endangered species
- What are the risks of climate change and global warming?
- Rain forests
- Alternative energy
- Alternative fuel/hybrid vehicles
- Greenhouse effect
- Marine pollution
- How have oil spills affected the planet and what steps are being taken to prevent them?
- Sustainability of buildings
- Recycling programs
- Cost of “green” programs
- Wind turbines
- Landfill issues
- Renewable fuels
- Radioactive waste disposal
- Soil pollution
- Wildlife conservation: what efforts are being taken to protect endangered wildlife?
- Excessive burden on industries?
- Drilling for oil in Alaska’s ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge)
- Gasoline consumption vs. SUV’s popularity
- Wildlife protection vs. rights of developers
- Clean air and water standards–weakened vs. strengthened
- What are the dangers of scuba diving and underwater exploration?
- Should the use of coal be subjected to stricter environmental regulations than other fuels?
- Is global warming a hoax? Is it being exaggerated?
- How much is too much noise? What, if anything, should we do to curb it?
- Protecting victims vs. rights of the accused
- Women who kill abusive husbands vs. punishment for murder
- Marital rape?
- How to protect children vs. respect for parental rights
- Children who kill abusive parents
- Child abuse–workable solutions?
- Child abuse
- Domestic abuse
- Organic farming vs. mainline use of chemical sprays
- How to best protect the environment; conservation
- Family vs. corporate farms
- Food production costs
- Third world debt and World Bank/International Monetary Fund
- Military support vs. economic development of third world countries
- Human rights violations
- European Union in competition with the U.S.
- Relevance of the United Nations
- Neocon role in foreign policy
- Christian right influence on foreign policy
- Pentagon vs. State Department
- Nation building as a policy
- Arms control
- Obama’s National Strategy for Counterterrorism
- Control of al Qaeda
- Drawdown of U.S. Armed Forces in the Middle East
- Cats vs. dogs: which makes the better pet?
- My pet can live forever: why I love animal clones.
- According to my social media profile, my life is perfect.
- Football vs. baseball: which sport is America’s favorite pastime?
- Starbucks vs. Caribou: whose coffee is better?
- What does your dog really think of you?
- Why millennials deserve lower pay.
- What makes people end up with so many mismatched socks?
- How to become a research paper master.
- How reading Tuesdays with Morrie can make you wiser.
- Easy way to earn revenues vs. social damage
- Individual freedom vs. social damage
- Do lotteries actually benefit education or is it a scam?
- Can gamblers ever acquire a statistical advantage over the house in casino games?
- Should there be a constitutional amendment that allows gays and lesbians to legally marry?
- Adoption rights?
- Need special rights for protection?
- College campus response
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender
- Gay parenting
- Elderly to share in the tax burden vs. government support of elderly
- Future of social security
- Job discrimination
- Child rearing
- Employment issues
- Generational differences
- Community and police safety vs. unrestricted right to bear arms
- NRA (National Rifle Association)
- 2nd Amendment
- Do states that allow citizens to carry guns have higher or lower crime rates?
- Community safety vs. freedom of Speech
- Punishment inequities
- Persecution of alternative lifestyles
- Church Arson: Hate crime?
- Prevention of hazing
- Greek organizations and rituals of hazing
- Statistics of death or injury due to Hazing
- High Schools and Hazing
- What happened during the Salem witch trials?
- How did trains and railroads change life in America?
- What may have occurred during the Roswell UFO incident of 1947?
- What Olympic events were practiced in ancient Greece?
- How did Cleopatra come to power in Egypt? What did she accomplish during her reign?
- What are the origins of the conflict in Darfur?
- What was the women’s suffrage movement and how did it change America?
- How was the assassination of Abraham Lincoln plotted and executed?
- How did Cold War tension affect the US and the world?
- What happened to the lost settlers at Roanoke?
- How did Julius Caesar affect Rome?
- How did the Freedom Riders change society?
- What was the code of the Bushido and how did it affect samurai warriors?
- How did Joan of Arc change history?
- What dangers and hardships did Lewis and Clark face when exploring the Midwest?
- How are the Great Depression and the Great Recession similar and different?
- What was the Manhattan Project and what impact did it have on the world?
- Why did Marin Luther protest against the Catholic Church?
- How did the Roman Empire fall?
- How did the black plague affect Europe?
- How did Genghis Khan conquer Persia?
- How did journalists influence US war efforts in Vietnam?
- Who is Vlad the Impaler and what is his connection to Count Dracula?
- Who was a greater inventor, Leonardo di Vinci or Thomas Edison?
- What was the role of African Americans during the Revolutionary War?
- What was Britain’s view of India during British rule?
- What were the factors in the China-Tibet conflict?
- Research and analyze the emergence of the Catholic Church as a political force following the collapse of the Roman Empire.
- Investigate Dr. Eileen Powers’ claim that the Roman Empire was lost primarily due to an inability to perceive itself as subject to the change inevitable to all governments, or her “force of nature” theory.
- Explore and discuss the actual cooperation occurring through the centuries of Barbarian conquest of Rome.
- Examine the differences and similarities between Western and Eastern concepts and practices of kingship.
- Investigate and explain the trajectory of ALEXANDER THE GREAT’s empire, with minimal emphasis on personal leadership.
- To what extent did commerce first link Eastern and Western cultures, and how did this influence early international relations?
- Research and analyze how Japan moved from a feudalistic to a modern state, and how geographic isolation played a role in the process.
- Analyze the process and effects of Romanization on the Celtic people of ancient England: benefits, conflicts, influences.
- Overview of British dominance of Ireland, Wales, and Scotland! How was this justified in each case, and what motivated the attempts over centuries of rebellion and failure?
- Investigate the known consequences of Guttenberg’s printing press within the first 30 years of its invention, and only in regard to the interaction between European nations.
- Identify and analyze the point at which the Reformation became fused with European politics and nationalist agendas.
- To what extent did Henry VIII promote the Reformation, despite his vigorous persecution of heretics in England?
- Trace and discuss the uses of papal power as a military and political device in the 14th and 15th centuries.
- Research the city/state of Florence from the 13th to the 16th centuries, discussing how and why it evolved as so fiercely republican.
- Compare and contrast the Russian Czarism of Peter, Elizabeth, and Catherine with the monarchies of England and France in the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Investigate the enormous significance of Catholic Orthodoxy as the dominant faith in Russia, and its meaning and influence in an empire populated by a minimal aristocracy and predominant serfdom.
- To what extent did Philip II’s religious convictions shape European policy and conflict in the 16th century?
- Trace the path leading to the convocation of the Estates in France in the late 18th century, leading to the Revolution. Assess political and social errors responsible.
- What eventually ended serfdom in Russia, and why were numerous attempts to end it by the Czars in power consistently unsuccessful?
- Research and report on how England was transformed in the 19th century by the industrial revolution and the advent of the railroad.
- Compare and contrast the consequences of the industrial revolutions in England and America in terms of urbanization.
- What were the circumstances leading to World War I, and how might the war have been averted?
- Assess the Cold War of the 20th century in an historical context: can any parallels be made between this conflict and other ongoing tensions between major powers in earlier centuries?
- Analyze Roosevelt’s decisions in implementing the New Deal, beginning with the closing of the banks. Suggest alternative strategies, or reinforce the rationale of the actions.
- What architectural marvels were found in Tenochtitlan, capital of the Aztec Empire?
- What was the cultural significance of the first moon landing?
- Food programs
- Welfare reform
- Governmental supplementation
- Homeless: urban restrictions vs. needs of the destitute
- Workable solutions?
- Realistic limits vs. openness toward people in need
- English as official language vs. respect for diversity
- Should illegal immigrants be made legal citizens?
- Access to public school and public programs for Illegal Aliens
- Policing borders–workable solutions?
- Employment and/or taxation for Illegal Aliens
- International trade
- “Shock and awe”
- U.S. occupation vs. liberation
- Iraqi run vs. U.S. puppet state
- Oil and Gas prices-Control of resources
- Effective self-government
- War on Terrorism
- Is America winning or losing the War? What is the measurement of success? Have the benefits outweighed the costs?
- Parental leave for both parents
- FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)
- Bonding time
- Preemptive strike policy
- Precision weapons
- Intelligence reliability
- Afghanistan – a success or stalemate
- Should the U.S. have mandatory military conscriptions? For whom?
- Governmental support
- School emergency plans
- Community warning systems
- Damage costs
- U.S. presidential elections should be decided by the popular vote, rather than the Electoral College.
- The minimum wage should be increased to provide a “livable” wage for working families.
- There should be stiffer penalties for those who commit animal cruelty.
- School vouchers increase competition and create better quality schools.
- The corporate tax rate should be lowered to create more jobs.
- Social Security should be privatized.
- Human torture should be banned in all circumstances.
- Affirmative action is still needed to ensure racial and gender equality.
- The U.S. dollar should go back on the gold standard.
- Euthanasia and assisted suicide should be outlawed.
- Police brutality vs. dangers that police face
- Racially motivated brutality?
- Politician’s right to privacy vs. the public’s right to know
- Amount of money going into presidential campaigns
- Views on abortion, gay marriage, and other controversial topics
- Political debates throughout history
- Third-party candidates at presidential debates
- Rights of religious citizens vs. freedom from imposition (e.g. prayer in schools)
- Religious motivation for political involvement vs. cultural pluralism
- Christian Right’s influence on foreign policy
- How serious? Causes? Workable solutions?
- Funding abortion as a form of birth control in third world countries?
- What would happen globally if the demand for natural resources is greater than the supply?
- Limitation of social deterioration vs. freedom of speech
- Definition of Pornography
- Child Pornography
- Building prisons vs. alternative sentencing
- Adjusted sentencing for lesser crimes
- Community service
- Diversion Programs for inmates
- How does the prison population in America compare to other nations?
- Prostitution laws in the US and abroad
- Benefits and drawbacks to legalizing prostitution
- Psychological effect on prostitutes and former prostitutes
- Sex slavery, buying and selling
- Should the government be allowed to wire tap without permission?
- What limitations, if any, should be applied to the paparazzi?
- What medical information should be confidential? Who, if anybody, should have access to medical records?
- Does the public have a right to know about a public figure’s private life?
- Privacy rights
- Do harsher punishments mean fewer convictions?
- Date rape: consent vs. exploitation
- Drugs-Rohypnol, GHB, KETAMINE
- Legalization of Date Rape Drugs
- Recently, a 17-year-old boy was sentenced to 10 years in prison for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl. Are statutory rape laws patronizing to girls and discriminatory to boys?
- Acquaintance rape
- Is there one true religion?
- Freedom of religion
- Offer distinct reasons why the Bible should be studied as literature, removed from religious significance.
- From Hollywood to the White House: the political rise of Ronald Reagan.
- The Great Communicator: how Reagan captured the hearts of Americans.
- 1981 assassination attempt: bullet wound leaves Reagan inches away from death.
- Reagan appoints the first female Supreme Court justice.
- The PATCO breakup and decline of the labor unions.
- Tax cuts and “Reaganomics.”
- The “Iran-Contra” scandal.
- Reagan, Gorbachev, and the end of the Cold War.
- The final act: Reagan’s Alzheimer’s disease diagnosis and long goodbye.
- How has airport security intensified since September 11th, 2001?
- Identity theft
- Homeland Security: Are we safer since the creation of this department?
- Should the government use invasive pat-downs and body scans to ensure passenger safety or are there better methods?
- Is arming Pilots a good idea?
- What responsibilities do secret service agents have?
- Student loan scams
- How to avoid student loan debt
- Managing student loan debt
- Driverless cars and the future of transportation.
- Breaking the glass ceiling: the impact of the women’s rights movement.
- How seniors contribute to societal well-being.
- How disabled individuals are viewed by society.
- The modern-day civil rights movement.
- Has technology made us more detached from society?
- The role of religion in society.
- In today’s society, are we better off or worse off than previous generations?
- Popular music and its impact on the culture.
- Class and geographical segregation.
- The differences between life in the city, suburbs, and/or rural areas.
- Should parents be able to create designer babies?
- Should microchips be implanted inside humans for better tracking and security?
- Will smart watches eventually replace cell phones?
- The pros and cons of being a global citizen.
- Progressive vs. flat tax
- Excessive taxes vs. worthwhile programs
- Is text messaging contributing to teen illiteracy?
- How eating disorders impact teens.
- Tablets vs. textbooks.
- Do standardized tests improve teen education?
- Are violent video games contributing to juvenile delinquency?
- Is English literature relevant for today’s teens?
- Should the HPV vaccine be required for teen girls?
- Do teachers inflate grades so students can pass?
- Should advertisers be allowed to target teens?
- How to encourage teens to stop smoking.
- The causes and effects of teen alcohol and drug abuse.
- How to prevent teen pregnancy.
- Osama Bin Laden
- World Trade Center and Pentagon bombings
- September 11, 2001
- War on terrorism
- Al Qaida: Has U.S. policy actually spread terrorism rather than contained it? Will it get better or worse? Why and how?
- Can terrorism ever be justified?
- What kind of person becomes a suicide bomber?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the death of Osama Bin Laden?
- Has the Patriot Act prevented or stopped terrorist acts in America?
- How is text messaging affecting teen literacy?
- Cell Phones: How have they changed us socially?
- Does the Information Age mean we are losing important historical information?
- Where did hip-hop music originate?
- A day in the life of a Buddhist monk.
- How does the brain store and retrieve memories?
- What life is like inside an ant colony.
- The case for and against the existence of UFOs.
- Can virtual reality adequately substitute for actual reality?
- Are dreams hidden messages or just hot air?
- Why do people collect the most ridiculous things?
- When is it time to get out of an abusive relationship?
- The art of pretending to care.
- Public attitudes toward veterans
- Health issues caused by service time
- Organizations for veterans
- Governmental support for veterans
- What programs are available to help war veterans get back into society?
- Iraq War Vets: Are they being cheated on medical benefits?
- Is there a glass ceiling?
- Obstacles to women running for political office?
- Should women be priests, pastors, ministers, and rabbis?
- What differences, if any, are there in children who are raised by stay-at-home moms and working moms? Does society today still discriminate against working mothers who wish to have flexible work schedules?
- Should stay-at-home moms get a salary from the government?
- Why do we sleep?
- How do GPS systems work?
- Who was the first person to reach the North Pole?
- Did anybody ever escape Alcatraz?
- What was life like for a gladiator?
- Are there any effective means of repelling insects?
- How is bulletproof clothing made?
- How was the skateboard invented and how has it changed over the years?
- What is life like inside of a beehive?
- Where did hip hop originate and who were its founders?
- What makes the platypus a unique and interesting mammal?
- What is daily life like for a Buddhist monk?
- How did gunpowder change warfare?
- How were cats and dogs domesticated and for what purposes?
- What do historians know about ninjas?
- Are humans still evolving?
- What is the curse of the pharaohs?
- Why was Socrates executed?
- How did ancient sailors navigate the globe?
- How are black holes formed?
- How do submarines work?
- Do lie detector tests accurately determine truthful statements?
- How does a hybrid car save energy?
- What ingredients can be found in a hotdog?
- How does a shark hunt?
- How does the human brain store and retrieve memories?
- How does stealth technology shield aircraft from radar?
- What causes tornados?
- How does night vision work?
- What causes desert mirages, and how do they affect wanderers?
- What are sinkholes, and how are they formed?
- What are the major theories explaining the disappearance of the dinosaurs?
- Should we reform laws to make it harder to get a divorce?
- Divorce rates
- Family relationships
- Family values
- Race relations
- Marriage and Divorce
- A view of home life and its effect on child development
- How 4 generations in the workplace can work together.
- Building positive employee relationships
- Modern work environments
- Business leadership
- Workforce regulations
- Small business and taxation
- Corporate law
- Issues in modern Human Resources: Are today’s corporations patronizing employees or being more responsible for them?
- Cultural conflict in globalization: Strategies for successfully establishing a presence in a foreign culture
- Corporate abuse: How can executives so successfully manipulate corporations criminally?
- Identifying stakeholders in non-public companies: is the corporate responsibility the same as for public offerings?
- Devise a new model of leadership for business today, incorporating elements of existing leadership models and theories.
- Examine the actual impact of social media as a business promotion instrument.
- Devise a scenario in which traditionally unethical business practices may be justified.
- Should newspaper reporters be required to reveal their sources?
- Do the media (both print and broadcast) report fairly? Do they ever cross the line between reporting the news and creating the news?
- Does news coverage favor whites?
- What steps are involved in creating a movie or television show?
- How have the film and music industries dealt with piracy?
- Media conglomerates/ownership
- Minorities in mass media
- Portrayal of women
- Reality television
- Television violence
- Media portrayals
- Sensationalized media
- Examine the issues of responsibility in pharmaceutical companies’ promotion of drugs in the media.
- Forensic science technology
- What are the current capabilities and future goals of genetic engineers?
- What obstacles faced scientists in breaking the sound barrier?
- What is alchemy and how has it been attempted?
- What technologies are available to home owners to help them conserve energy?
- Nuclear energy
- Clean energy resources
- Wind energy: Is wind energy really that inexpensive? Is it effective? Is it practical?
- What are the dangers and hazards of using nuclear power?
- Investigate Freud’s contributions to psychology as they exist today: what value remains?
- Are there gender foundations to psychology and behavior that are removed from cultural considerations? To what extent does gender actually dictate thought process?
- To what extent is sexual orientation dictated by culture, and is there an orientation not subject to social and cultural influences?
- Investigate the psychological process in group dynamics with regard to the emergence of leaders and the compliance of others.
- Compare and contrast Jung, Freud, and Adler: explore distinctions and commonalities.
- What is “normal,” and to what extent is psychology reliant on culture to define this?
- Research and assess the effectiveness of radical psychotherapies and unconventional treatments.
- Research the concept of human will as both a component of individual psychology and a process or element removed from it.
- To what extent is self-image influenced by culture in regard to eating disorders? Are external factors entirely to blame?
- How do centuries-old beliefs of madness and dementia relate to modern conceptions of mental illness?
- Is psychology itself inevitably a non-science in that virtually any theory may be substantiated, or is there a foundation of science to the subject to which all theorists must conform?
- Examine Euripides and gender psychology: what do the Trojan Women and Medea reveal?
- Using three characters, explore Chaucer’s insight into human behavior in The Canterbury Tales.
- Identify the true relationship between Dante and Virgil in The Divine Comedy, emphasizing Dante’s reliance on the poet.
- Research and discuss the English fascination for euphemism and ornate narratives in the 16th century, beginning with John Lyly.
- Examine any existing controversies regarding Shakespearean authorship, citing arguments on both sides.
- Analyze similarities and differences between Marlowe and Shakespeare in regard to Tamburlaine and Titus Andronicus.
- Defend or support Bloom’s assertion of Shakespeare as the “inventor of the human being.”
- To what degree are Shakespeare’s plays influenced by, or reflective, of the Elizabethan era? Identify specific cultural and national events linked to at least 3 plays.
- Analyze the unusual construction of A Winter’s Tale in regard to transition from comedy to drama. Is this valid? Does the transition benefit or harm the play?
- Support the belief that Shakespeare is representing himself as Prospero through evidence, or similarly refute the belief.
- Why was extreme violence so popular in English Reformation drama? Cite Marlowe, Kyd, Webster, and Shakespeare.
- Analyze the metaphysical in Donne’s poetry: is it spiritual, existential, or both?
- What is Shelley seeking to say in Frankenstein? Support your answer with passages from the novel.
- Compare and contrast Tolstoy’s Anna Karenina with Flaubert’s Madame Bovary, noting the characters of the heroines.
- It is argued that Dickens failed when he turned to serious, romantic narrative in his novels. Using Copperfield, Great Expectations, and Dombey and Son, defend or refute this claim.
- Assess Dickens’ stance as a moralist in Bleak House and Hard Times: to what extent does he seek reform, and to what does he comment on the human condition?
- Was the Harry Potter phenomenon warranted by quality of storytelling or more a matter of public receptivity at the time combined with media exposure?
Top 10 Microphone Isolation Shield Reflectors + Buyer’s Guide 2021
Best Microphones for Streaming, Gaming and Live Chats in 2022
20 thoughts on “717 Good Research Paper Topics”
How has music evolved? How has music effected history? Music of the past vs music of the present. How has the music industry effected the music’s quality?
Do you think abortion is legal? Why they do abortion?
Why are people instinctively afraid of animals that are not mammals?
Should abortion be legalized? Should domestic abuse and child abuse victims be granted clemency for killing their abuser?
Jewish holocaust and its contribution to European History, specifically Germany
What is the most popular college in the United States?
The Black Knight: Space Waste or Alien Satellite? The Moon Landing: Real or Hollywood Hoax? Have We Become Too Politically Correct? Paranormal Research: Real? Fake? Should it be offered in college? Who really was Jack the Ripper? Can a zombie apocalypse truly occur? Who is the best or worst president of the USA? The Men in Black: real or hoax?
Why Marching Band is a sport.
Marching band is not a sport
how did aids start?
Topic : Alternative medicine Research question : Does the alternative medicine is safe and standardized Hypothesis : analyse the quality controle of alternative medicine formulations
Does our nostalgic music/childhood songs affect our present lifestyle, and in what ways?
reverse discriminations is still discrimination so there’s no such thing as that. like reverse racism isn’t a thing because that is still racism
Men on birth control and not women.
You forget the topic Islamophobia 😉
You should add a music section. Is Muzio Clementi overshadowed by Mozart? The Toccata and Fugue in D- really wasn’t written by Bach The use of the “Dies Irae” in cinema Why is modern music so repetitive and simple compared to classical music?
I want to do a research project on Education
I want to research but not get a perfect topic help me give me a best topic about current affairs
Topic: History. Are the Crusades oversimplified? where they justified? If so, how? Topic: Current affairs. Is the term “conspiracy theory” used to discredit any non-mainstream, controversial opinions. Topic: Gun control. Does limiting magazine capacity for firearms have any effect on gun crime? Are high-capacity magazines ever necessary for self-defense? Topic: Economics. Are minimum wage laws necessary to guarantee “decent”, or do the laws of supply and demand automatically ensure that?
Are women funny?
Leave a Comment
Reach out to us for sponsorship opportunities
Vivamus integer non suscipit taciti mus etiam at primis tempor sagittis euismod libero facilisi.
© 2023 My Speech Class
The Best Research Paper Ideas 2022: Brilliant Topics for All Students
- Best essay writing service reviews / The Best Research Paper Ideas 2022: Brilliant Topics for All Students
by Will Martins / Updated May 24, 2022
Sooner or later, you will have to write your first research paper, so don't panic, you always can have a look at research paper services . Your professor will surely give you clear instructions so you don't go astray. But what if you need to be creative and choose a topic yourself? It is at this stage that many young people face problems. Here's what you need to know to avoid wasting time.
How to Pick an Outstanding Paper Topic?
At first glance, your mission seems impossible because you still don't know what you want to start writing about. However, you should not panic in advance because there is an effective approach to finding new topics. Here are four key steps you need to take.
- Find an area of interest that is relevant to you. Surely you have some preferred research fields.
- Formulate a question that will become your guiding star. Such a strategy will allow you to be abstract from irrelevant information.
- Explore all the ideas and works relevant to your new topic. Perhaps someone had already written a similar paper before you and missed something important.
- Craft your thesis. Think of it as a kind of springboard for starting further research.
As you can see, you only need four steps to choose a good topic, and don't waste your time on aimless Internet surfing. By the way, you can delegate your assignments, especially if you don't have free time. But you first need to find a good writing service worth your attention.
3 Main Types of Qualitative Research Questions
So, now it's time to analyze the three main questions you will face. Knowing the principles of their formation, you will not have problems moving on to the next academic stage.
- Descriptive questions. Imagine that you need to answer what process, type, or format you are looking for. What percentage or how many people are needed to achieve certain conditions. Get ready to use the data to describe a particular idea.
- Cause and effect questions. Be prepared to ask questions about the premises or conditions that led to certain consequences. In other words, your research should be based on a question that supports causation.
- Comparative questions. Such questions aim to directly compare some scientific approaches, items, or test results. You may have to answer the difference between any research factors and whether there are commonalities in the scientific patterns you use.
As you can see, the general principles are slightly different, so you should be aware of all the key features. Take at least 20 minutes to practice asking these questions. Such a strategy will help you avoid mistakes.
What Requirements Are Crucial for Crafting Research Questions?
Typically, professors require students to follow four main requirements when creating research questions. If you know this ahead of time, you won't have to worry about low grades. So here's where you should start.
- Specificity and certainty. These two requirements can be placed in one section. You must formulate a solid question and indicate the vector of your further research.
- Originality. First, you should choose an original topic and vector for your research. Second, say no to boring or unclear ideas.
- Significance. Your question should be of value to the academic community or the search for new ideas and further scientific progress.
- Relevance. There is no point in formulating a question that thousands of other people have answered. Try to formulate the key idea in this way to make your research relevant.
As you can see, it is not difficult to formulate questions and proceed to the information-gathering stage. You have to pay attention to your professor's general concept and requirements.
Good Paper Examples to Follow
Business research paper topics.
Suppose your work should be related to any business processes, analysis of the effectiveness of enterprises, or the adoption of strategic decisions. You will probably need relevant research paper topics to get you started. Take a look at this list, and you will surely find the latest trends.
- How to save a loss-making company and avoid bankruptcy?
- Can a company's operating debt affect its market share?
- How can companies adapt to post-COVID markets?
- Should startups use innovative business approaches?
- Why don't classic business strategies work in today's markets?
- What are the basic principles for successfully capturing new markets?
- Are young people needed on the board of directors of modern companies?
- How can entrepreneurs cope with the effects of the pandemic?
- Do you need new trendy ideas to start a business?
- How can business competitors help each other?
As you can see, these research paper ideas are quite relevant and will help you stand out from the crowd. In addition, you will be able to concentrate on those business aspects that no one else has analyzed before you. Surely your professor will appreciate your diligence and scrupulousness.
Crime and Law Research Paper Topics
Surely you know that the modern legal system is an endless source for generating new research topic ideas. Moreover, you don't even need to spend time looking for crime stories or well-known cases. Usually, a portion of the police records are publicly available to each state, so you only need to skim through the basic facts before jumping on any idea. Here are a couple of topics for those who want to save time.
- Which states ban the death penalty and why?
- Why is the crime rate increasing every year?
- Are new law innovations needed to improve the criminal code?
- Who are law-abiding citizens?
- What methods will help improve the interaction between the police and citizens?
- Which states are the safest for young people?
- How does the criminal code govern filing complaints and lawsuits?
- Is it necessary to create a single criminal basis for all states?
- What aspects of the procedural code should be improved?
- Can you be sentenced twice for the same crime?
As you can see, this area of research is not as tricky as it seems at first glance. You will surely find high school research paper topics even in the library, especially if you have at least half an hour. Take a look at the most high-profile lawsuits or lists of legal lapses to start collecting data.
Education Research Paper Topics
There is nothing easier than finding good research paper topics related to educational processes. For example, you can focus on aspects related to innovation, shortcomings, or prospects of the education system. You can also easily analyze certain parameters that affect motivation or academic performance. In other words, your possibilities are endless.
- Is it necessary to criticize children because of low grades?
- How does psychological motivation affect academic performance?
- Why don't children have a thirst for knowledge?
- Is it worth using innovative methods in the education system?
- How do prejudices prevent students from learning?
- What are academic blocks, and how to overcome them?
- Why is the modern education system outdated?
- How can AI change the way we gain knowledge?
- How is digitalization changing the way students and professors interact?
- Why can plagiarism kill academic motivation?
So the search process is not difficult, especially if you have at least one research paper example. Looking at the samples, you will understand how to formulate the main idea and get to work correctly.
Environmental Research Paper Topics
To get off the ground, you need to understand your area of interest. What aspects would you like to explore during environmental analysis? Perhaps you should pay attention to total digitalization, mining, or the release of harmful substances into the atmosphere. Here is a list of research topics that will serve as a springboard for your work.
- How does plastic affect water quality in rivers?
- Should steel mills use modern water filters?
- Why has green energy not become a priority for modern countries?
- Why is the nuclear industry losing popularity?
- How do typhoons affect soil fertility?
- How does America support environment-friendly companies?
- Is it worth building cities underwater? How will this affect the ecology of the ocean?
- How does mining harm the ozone layer?
- Is it possible to build safe commercial nuclear reactors?
- What contribution has America made to preserving the environment over the past five years?
In general, you will not have a hard time finding a first-class idea. But do not forget that the scope of your research should not be too tricky. Try to find a topic that will allow you to minimize the number of data analysis and search sources. This strategy will lead you to success.
Health Research Paper Topics
Imagine that you have to choose any medical field for your work. You will probably be a little confused. The point is that there are many good research topics that you can choose from. Usually, students prefer innovative therapy methods, epidemiological analyzes, and statistical forecasting. Here is a list that will surely help you stand out from the crowd.
- How does cold affect heart valves?
- How do the lungs work in hot climates?
- Why do neurotic deviations affect human organs?
- Should traditional medicine be used these days?
- How does the wrong diet affect intestinal motility?
- Should athletes consume a lot of calories every day?
- Which medical institutions in the United States offer innovative methods of cancer therapy?
- What types of anesthesia is the safest?
- How to diagnose scoliosis in the early stages?
- Should HIV-positive people have children?
As you can see, there is nothing easier than choosing an idea related to health or the medical field. Focus on your area of interest and those areas that are easier to explore. Surely you are not interested in many hours of online sessions and reading hundreds of articles.
Media and Communications Research Paper Topics
Where should a young person start to analyze social media? You should probably focus on which research essay topics you enjoy the most. In addition, you'd better concentrate on ideas that no one has analyzed yet. Here are good examples for those who do not want to spend time on preliminary analysis.
- How is social media changing reality?
- Can influencers be trusted?
- How has Instagram changed the media space in the US?
- Why are musicians ignoring social media?
- Can the media speculate on sensitive information?
- How do troll farms work, and why are they needed?
- How does propaganda change public consciousness?
- Do cyber police need to control social media?
- Is Internet censorship necessary?
- Why has the community become vulnerable to social media bullying?
Even these ten topics are enough to start collecting data. But you should not forget that social media analysis requires carefulness and attention to detail. This approach will allow you not to get confused in dozens of sources and statistical tables.
Political Issues Research Paper Topics
Not all students know what political aspects should be considered when choosing college research paper topics. Do you want to analyze the career of any politician or the general influence of democratic parties around the world? Here are the topics to help you make your final choice.
- Should we trust modern politicians?
- Why did political debate turn into a stand-up show?
- What psychological patterns and speculations do senators use?
- Who can become president of America, and why is it crucial?
- Why is democracy not the best political system?
- Why does closed voting contribute to the growth of corruption?
- What is the main shortcoming of communist politicians?
- Why did the USSR lose the political war for dominance in Europe in the 80s?
- How does the debate affect the ratings of politicians?
- Should you vote in the presidential election?
Take your time and think about what ideas you like the most. In general, you can even combine several topics with standing out from the crowd. Surely your professor will appreciate your craving for knowledge.
Psychology Research Paper Topics
Finding good psychological ideas takes a lot of time. The point is that you need to focus on certain psychological patterns, ideas, or innovative psychotherapy. Here are topics that will save you time.
- How does stress affect a person's psycho type?
- Is it possible to create a psychological wall?
- How does neurosis prevent people from remembering information?
- What parts of the brain affect mental toughness?
- Can stress psychology help students cope with the academic load?
- What methods of psychological therapy are needed for soldiers?
- How to use psychological tricks to improve your mood?
- Do children need psychological training?
- How to help a student cope with stress?
- How has psychology developed over the past ten years?
You may be looking for the best research paper topics, so this list will save you some time. In addition, you do not have to analyze psychology books in the hope of seeing some interesting ideas. Now you have at least ten options to start writing.
Religion Research Paper Topics
There is nothing easier than to take any religious idea and start researching. On the Internet, there are many ideas related to the birth of Jesus, the life stories of the prophet Mohammed, or the creation of different faiths. Here are topics to help get you started.
- Does God exist?
- How is atheism different from agnosticism?
- Why can't Voodoo be considered a religion?
- Should monotheism be regarded as the only true religious pattern?
- Why do religious people commit crimes?
- What Christian holidays are the most important for the whole world?
- Was Jesus a real historical person?
- How does religion affect the human psyche?
- Who are religious fanatics, and why are they dangerous?
- What positive impact does faith have on modern people?
Don't be afraid to pick a controversial topic, but try to be neutral. Please note that you should look at many religious aspects from a scientific point of view.
Now you have good ideas to get started and a basic understanding of the basic principles of paper crafting. Use all of the above topics to create an outstanding paper. And don't be afraid to scour additional sources for credible information. Surely you will successfully write your paper and be able to count on high grades.
Leave your comment here
- Superior Papers
- Ninja Essays
- Essay Writery
- Study Acamy
- Intel Writers
- Hartle 1998
Most popular services
Rating: 4.9 out of 5
Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Rating: 4.6 out of 5
Rating: 4.5 out of 5
Rating: 4.3 out of 5
Rating: 4.2 out of 5
Research Paper Topics
110 awesome research paper topics for 2022.
Research paper topics are quite challenging to think up. Due to this, we’ve gathered the most interesting topics for a research paper in this article.
We’ve decided on 4 fields to include topics for research papers from. If you have no ideas about what to discuss in your research paper assignment, then make use of our topic lists!
How to Select the Best Research Paper Topics
Don’t just pick any research paper topic from the list, be mindful about this process. Firstly, you need to pick something that you’re interested in. Such a research paper topic will ensure your determination to complete the task.
Secondly, pick a research topic that gives you the most ideas to include in the writing. You don’t want to spend hours over a blank document, so pick an inspiring research paper topic. That’s about it when it comes to picking a general research paper topic.
Be sure to read through all the topics for research papers in our lists first before stopping on one. Only after the initial scanning you can focus on some topic options for your research paper. After weighing them up against each other, settle down only on one research paper topic.
30 Good Research Paper Topics 2022
The environment is currently on everyone’s mind .
So, why not take a topic from this area?
If you write a research paper about this field, it’ll definitely be a success. By doing a research paper on an environmental topic, you’re contributing to the discussion and helping spread important ideas.
- Noise Pollution and Its Effects on Humans and Animals.
- Using Trees as a Noise Dampener in Loud Areas.
- Worsened Echolocation in Aquatic Animals due to Human Activity.
- How Airports Scare Away Any Wildlife.
- Sleep Disorders and Living Next to a Highway.
- The Earth’s Slowly Dwindling Freshwater Resource.
- How Many Freshwater Bodies Do People Destroy Internationally?
- Hypertrophication: A Deadly Sentence to Lakes.
- The Human’s Impact on Water Environments and Natural Systems.
- What Are the New Ways to Go About Wildlife Conservation?
- How Humans Have Accelerated the Wildlife Extinction Rates.
- Methods to Preserve Biodiversity Without Artificial Environments.
- Should Corporations Pay More Environmental Taxes?
- How Should Government Stimulate Companies to Be Carbon-Neutral?
- Can Climate Change Be Fully Mediated at This Point?
- Addressing the Abundant Misinformation on Climate Change and Science Deniers.
- Are Tesla Electric Cars Making Any Significant Difference in Becoming Carbon-Neutral?
- What’s the Immediate Action We Have to Take to Stop Climate Change in Its Tracks?
- Drawing Attention to Climate Issues: Protesting and Addressing Local Politicians.
- The Potential Catastrophic Effect of Climate Change on Human Life on Earth.
- The Relation Between Climate Change and Recent Wildfires.
- How Many Wildfires Are Caused by Unsafe Human Behavior?
- With Aptera Launching, How Long Will It Take for Solar Cars to Become Popular?
- Nuclear vs. Renewable: Which Is the Correct Way Forward?
- Ways Renewable Energy Methods Hurts Environment.
- Keeping Cities Clean and Safe for Humans.
- The Impact of Urbanization on Global Ecology.
- How Excessive Road Creation Destroys the Soil.
- The Constant Task of Processing and Reusing Human Waste.
- Using Satellite Technology to Study and Preserve the Environment.
25 College Research Paper Topics on Business
Business Administration is always relevant, especially with the rising number of start-ups and advancing technologies. Knowing how to manage business operations is essential nowadays.
So, why not pick a business topic and do a research paper on it?
- Integrating New Technologies into an Established Workflow.
- Research and Development in the Management Field: Main Methods and Approaches.
- How to Strategize Based on the Business’ Model and Previous Performance Figures?
- Employing Marketing Techniques to Promote Company Spirit.
- How to Establish Well-Defined Organizational Relationships Between Employees?
- Making the Most out of Government Subsidies and Tax Incentives for a Business.
- Managing the Resources for a Business and Planning for Development.
- Preparing Businesses for Increased Environmental Taxes.
- Saving Money while Developing the State: Social Entrepreneurship.
- Methods for Maintaining and Promoting Worker Ethic.
- The Importance of Properly Preparing Financial Records.
- Preserving Moral Integrity of the Corporations.
- Why Must Big Corporations Contribute to Governmental Initiatives?
- Business Consulting — Why BA Degree Holders Prefer This Career?
- Main Aspects of Managing an International Business.
- How to Objectively Analyze the Competition on the Market?
- Keeping Up with the Legislation: Ensuring the Privacy of Your Clients.
- Ways Major Corporations Try to Avoid Paying Big Taxes.
- How Is Common Corporate Espionage and How Businesses Can Fight It?
- How to Ensure an Equal, Fair, and Safe Working Environment for Employees?
- How Ethical Is It for Businesses to Employ Present-Giving as a Marketing Technique?
- Does a BA Degree Prepare Students for the Real Market Sufficiently?
- Main Techniques for Negotiating Business Contracts and Other Deals.
- Conflicts in the Workplace: How to Calmly Recognize and Diffuse Them.
- Social Media: An Essential Part in Creating a Brand Identity for any Business.
25 Interesting Research Paper Topics Related to Politics
Another engaging theme — politics! Doing a research paper topic from this are will surely turn some attention to your assignment. When discussing a political topic, be sure to stay neutral and objective in the research paper.
- Neo-Marxism on the Rise: What Capitalist Challenges Urge People to Pick Socialism?
- The Problem with Political Radicalism and Rejection of Ideological Pluralism.
- Do Libertarian Theories of Society and Politics Have a Basis in Reality?
- Why Populism Is the Main Method of Communication Used by Politicians Currently?
- The Reason for the Prominence of Radical Right Movements in Europe.
- The Capitol Siege Aftermath: Is Donald Trump Guilty of Treason?
- Living in an Ideologically Divided Society: Study of Contemporary American Politics.
- The Consequences of Trump: Democrats Winning the Presidency, Senate, and House.
- What Do Other Countries Expect and Want from Biden’s Cabinet?
- The Role Misinformation Played in 2022 Election: Election Fraud and QAnon.
- How to Ensure that Supreme Court Judges Are Politically Unbiased?
- Brexit Trade Agreement: Who Got the Better Deal in the End?
- Rejecting Globalization: A Detailed Analysis of Brexit.
- Why Have UK Citizens Made a Decision to Reduce Their Freedoms?
- Brexit Agreement Complications: Irish Border and Gibraltar.
- Germany as the EU’s De Facto Leader.
- The New Deal Between China and the European Union.
- How Will the EU Fill the New Budget Hole with the UK Stopping Their Contributions?
- Europe Taking Decisive Action to Protect Its Citizens from Big Tech.
- How France Protects Secularism Withing Its Society from Faith Radicals?
- Why EU Failed to Establish Friendly Relationship with North Korea.
- The Azerbaijan and Armenia Conflict: What Led up to It?
- The Ongoing War in Ukraine: How the Country Manages Its Relationship with Russia.
- The Belarus Protests: How Does the Illegitimate Government Able to Hold On?
- Turkey and Greece Disputes in the Mediterranean.
30 Research Paper Topic Ideas About Computer Science
Computer science is all the rage nowadays , which makes this field a good candidate for a research paper. You can choose just about any research paper topic for yourself from the list — they’re all fascinating.
- Creating the Most Efficient Processor: Where Is the Physical Limitation?
- Balancing Temperature Outputs and Conductor Density.
- How Computer Science Was Essential in Creating Coronavirus Vaccine.
- Analyzing Parallel Algorithms to Maximize Modern Computer Efficiency
- Why We’re Still Not Making the Most out of Multiprocessor Systems.
- How to Optimize Computationally Demanding Programs.
- Data-Focused Design of High-Performance Applications.
- Is Big O Notation a Good Way to Analyze Performance?
- How Big-Scale Scientific Projects Approach
- Why Was Dijkstra’s Work So Fundamental in Altering Program Development?
- Mining Internet for Data: Main Algorithms and Methods.
- Using Artificial Intelligence for Data Processing and Visualization.
- How to Model Data the Correct Way? Making Abstractions of Real-Life Information.
- Virtual Environment Rendering
- Image Processing and Recognition with Machine Learning.
- Perceptual Issues in Virtual Reality Environments.
- Possible Future Advancements in Graphical Animation.
- Aspects of Ensuring Network Safety for Users.
- Improving Internet Availability with Satellite Technology.
- Creating a Large-Scale, Stable Services Network: Google’s Approach to Managing Systems.
- Creating Humanoid Robots: Main Difficulties and Challenges.
- Improving Computer Vision to Create Autonomous Vehicles.
- AI: The Current Difficulties in Modeling Intelligent Independent Behavior.
- Programming Language Paradigms: Which Tasks Call for Which Features?
- More or Less High-Level Abstraction? Which One to Pick?
- Realizing Self and Mutually Referential Data in a PL: Study of Graph Implementations.
- Cryptography: The Math Behind Encrypting Data.
- The Best Algorithms for Matrix Computations.
- The Best Approaches for Managing Big-Scale Software Development
- Is 5G the Future of Wireless Networks, or Is It Completely Unsustainable?
Let Us Do the Research Paper Topic for Your
We’ve given you research paper topics ideas for college students, but the writing work is on you. However, you have the option of delegating this task to a professional! Just pick a research paper topic, and we’ll do it for you.
We’re a research paper writer service that assists learners with their assignments, which is why we’ll gladly take your research paper topic.
Get started now! Deal with the research paper assignment without stressing out due to the topic’s complexity.
Research Topics: · 1. Viral diseases. 37 articles | 499,000 views · 2. Exploring sound. 23 articles | 442,000 views · 3. Neurodegenerative diseases.
70+ Ideas for Research Paper Topics · How does alcohol affect the heartbeat? · Will our pulse increase because of the cocaine? · Is there a place where marijuana
Nutrition Research Paper Topics. Role of low-carbohydrate or low-fat diets in weight loss? Efficacy of Dietary Supplements
What is the current evidence that Mars has had water and maybe life? Can nanomedicine potentially extend the human lifespan? What is the future of computing and
In school and college, you will be required to write research papers. Yes — papers in the plural. And that's the first reason you may want to
Amazing research paper topics in 2022 ; How is human psychology affected by yoga? Symptoms and treatment related to MPD. Effect of depression on a child's brain
Research Paper Topics on Current Affairs. How has feminism changed over the years? Has the “Black Lives Matter” movement reduced racism in the
Do you need some help with brainstorming for topics? Some common research paper topics include abortion, birth control, child abuse, gun control
Environmental Research Paper Topics · How does plastic affect water quality in rivers? · Should steel mills use modern water filters? · Why has
30 Good Research Paper Topics 2022 · Noise Pollution and Its Effects on Humans and Animals. · Using Trees as a Noise Dampener in Loud Areas.