Inflate your writing
It is 5 AM and you have a paper due in 3 hours. After staying up all night, you have only managed to type up 5 pages of the 8 page requirement, and you are beginning to run out of ideas. Never fear, Text Inflator is here to save your sanity.
Paste text in the form below to expand your paper without adding ideas, meaning, or value.
Don't have any text to use right now? Test with a sample: Select One (if needed) Text Inflator Information Declaration of Independence Intro Sample from Call of the Wild
Text Inflator is a tool that expands the length of a block of writing without adding any additional meaning. Simply paste your paper, essay, report, article, speech, paragraph, or any other block of English writing below and choose a desperation setting. A higher desperation setting will expand your essay much more than a smaller one, but will make your writing much more verbose sounding.
How does it work?
Text Inflator adds unnecessary modifiers to adjectives and verbs, uses larger words and phrases in place of smaller ones, and repeats parts of sentences. For the best results, it is recommended that you input grammatically correct paragraphs without spelling mistakes.
Although this tool will make your essay, paragraph, or paper longer, it may make it worse. It is not recommended that this be used for a formal, graded assignment, except possibly in the most extreme of circumstances with a low desperation setting and additional editing on your part. We are not responsible for lower grades or demoralizing remarks from your teachers or professors.
Expand your writing
Change the length of your paper without changing any of the content..
If you haven't hit your minimum page requirement, you can either write more, or use papaerexpander.com. Here's how:
- Paste your paper into the box below
- Hit the "Expand" button
- Use the sliders to expand the paper to how you like it
edit youtube comments AFTER they get a bunch of likes
After hitting submit, your UNEXPANDED paper will appear below.
Change the length by moving the four sliders below.
A quick video tutorial.
My other free platform lets you share answers with your classmates, post any memes, and organize your life. Check it out and let me know what you think!
How it works.
Our Software expands your paper in four nearly undetectable ways:
- Increase the space between each letter
- Increase the font size of periods
- Increase the font size of lower case "t"s
- Increase the font size of commas
Once you paste your documnet into the top box and hit submit, you can choose how to change the length with the sliders above.
Although it is extremely dificult to tell if a paper has gone through expansion on this website, caution should alway be used.
www.paperexpander.com is a FREE tool that helps students expand their papers WITHOUT changing any of the content.
Development of this websites started in 2018 and is constantly being improved.
Questions, comments, or concerns? Let us know by emailing [email protected]
How to Make a College Paper Longer
101dalmatians / Getty Images
- Before You Arrive
- Health, Safety, and Nutrition
- Living On Campus
- Outside The Classroom
- Graduation & Beyond
- Homework Help
- Private School
- College Admissions
- Graduate School
- Business School
- Distance Learning
- M.Ed., Higher Education Administration, Harvard University
- B.A., English and Comparative Literary Studies, Occidental College
Need to make a paper longer but out of ideas? Forget fudging the margins and font or even the legendary "period trick." These 6 tips will make your paper longer—and better!
Avoid the Old, Obvious Tricks
First and foremost, know that your professor most likely knows about all of the "easy" tricks and can spot 'em! Changing the font, changing the margins, doing the "period trick," and tons of other sneaky ways to make your paper longer have all been done before and then some. Since you need to make your paper longer , not worse , skip the easy stuff and focus on the content.
Cite a Few Sources
Add additional quotations to support your examples. If your paper is good, you'll have examples to support your thesis . To make your paper even better (and longer), make sure you have at least one quotation from the text—if not more—to support your examples. (And be careful about citing your quotations accurately, too.)
Add Some Examples to Your Paper
Add an additional example to each paragraph/argument/idea. If you can't add more quotations , add more examples to support your position. Think about more ways to make your point by showing —not just telling—the reader.
Check Your Paragraph Format
Make sure each paragraph has a topic sentence , supporting evidence , and a concluding/transition sentence. Of course, each paragraph should have more than just these three sentences, but you might be surprised at how easily each can be left off—and how much longer your paper can become if you go back through and insert missing items where needed.
See If You Can Prove Yourself Wrong
Think about the arguments against your thesis—and then make sure you've addressed those points. Sure, you may have good arguments for your position. But what would someone holding the opposite position say? And what would you say in response? Making sure those responses are already included in your paper is a great way to make sure you've covered all the bases... and a great way to add some length if your paper is a little shorter than you'd like.
Make Sure Your Paper Structure Is Solid
Confirm and reconfirm that you have a strong introduction , thesis statement , and conclusion . Although you may be focused on the body of your paper and the evidence supporting your position, having a strong intro, thesis, and conclusion are important, too. Making sure your paper starts with a bang (good intro), has a solid foundation to stand on (strong thesis), and leaves the reader convinced (stellar conclusion) is a great way to make sure your paper is all-around better—and longer!
Watch Now: Elements of a Research Paper
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
Home / Guides / Writing Guides / Writing Tips / How to Make an Essay Longer the Smart Way
How to Make an Essay Longer the Smart Way
Meeting an essay’s required page or word count can sometimes be a struggle, especially if you’re juggling multiple papers or exams. In a pinch, students often rely on tricks like increasing margin size or making their font slightly bigger. Though these tricks do increase page length, there are easier (and smarter) ways to write a longer, high-quality essay. Making a paper meet minimum word or page counts doesn’t have to be an agonizing process—you can add length while also adding clarity and depth.
Here are 10 tips on how you can write a longer and a smarter essay, even if the deadline is fast approaching:
Tip #1: Look Back at Your Prompt/Rubric/etc.
If you’ve been provided a comprehensive prompt or rubric for an essay, read it, and read it again. Think about the following:
- Did you answer all of the questions in the prompt?
- Did you provide supporting evidence to back up whatever claims you made?
- Did you leave out any information that might increase the reader’s understanding of your argument?
- Did you meet all requirements (besides length) for the paper?
If the answer isn’t a decisive “yes” to every question on this list, go back and revise.
Tip #2: Go Back Through Your Introduction and Conclusion
Often times, ideas evolve while writing a paper. If the first thing you wrote was the introduction, go back and reread the first paragraph. You might decide that you left out key information that aids the reader in understanding your argument. When looking back on the conclusion, make sure you’ve both summarized the main points within the essay and provided your reader with a solution to consider. If you don’t feel you’ve done this, go back through and revise the paper.
Tip #3: Have Someone Proofread Your Essay
Even if you’re short on time ask a friend, sibling, or parent to read through your paper, specifically noting any points they find confusing. Then, go back and revise the parts that were unclear, adding in more information to provide readers with further clarity. You have a more comprehensive understanding of what you’re writing about than your reader, so having someone else look over your paper can be a helpful way to ensure that you haven’t missed any important details.
Tip #4: Use Quotations
Chances are, you have already used quotes in your paper. Quotations are a great way to enhance your argument while also driving up a paper’s word count, but don’t add quotes just for the sake of doing so. If you’re short on words, read through your source materials again to see if you’ve missed any valuable quotes. You can also do a little more research to see if there are any other sources you can add to provide the reader with more evidence toward your argument. Longer quotes aren’t necessarily better, but if you’re really in a bind, you might want to lengthen some of the quotes that are already included.
Tip #5: Review Your Outline
Did you make an outline to plan the essay when you first started? Go back through that initial outline and make sure you’ve hit all of your intended points. It’s possible that you’ve left out an important piece of your argument that would both increase page count and make for a better essay.
Tip #6: Include More Transitional Phrases
Graders often look for traditional words linking sentences to each other, like “therefore,” “even though”, and “on the other hand.” Read through your essay and make sure the sentences flow smoothly into each other. If they don’t, go back and add in transitional phrases like the ones listed above. Your writing will be easier to read, and you’ll get closer to the minimum page requirement in the process.
Tip #7: Read Your Paper Out Loud
This might sound like a silly tip, but when you read your paper out loud, you become increasingly aware of any grammatical or syntactical issues. When you rephrase sentences to fix these, you might end up increasing the paper length a bit. In the process of reading out loud, you also might realize that you didn’t include sufficient details within a particular paragraph. If that’s the case, go back in and add more to increase length.
Tip #8: Take a Break From Your Essay
You’ve probably been staring at your computer screen for hours, hoping words will magically pop into your head. Take a break. Eat a snack, go for a walk, or talk to a friend on the phone. You’ll come back to the essay with a fresh perspective after some time away, and you might have new ideas after you’ve had time away from your paper.
Tip #9: Ask Your Instructor for Help
Most teachers, teaching assistants, and professors are willing to look over papers for students before the final submission date. If there is still time, ask if you can make an appointment to go over your paper or head over to office hours. Your instructor might offer tips on how to better answer the prompt, and this in turn may also increase the word count of the paper.
Tip #10: Use multiple examples to back up your argument
If you’ve only used one source or anecdote to explain a given point, find a second source to provide additional evidence for the reader. This method will help drive up a paper’s word count while also providing further support for your argument.
Although hitting a minimum page count can sometimes be challenging, you can do it the smart way by increasing the information you provide to the reader—there’s no reason to resort to tricks like increasing line spacing or font size. If you’re really in a bind at the last minute, you might want to break up some of your paragraphs. This increases length while also making text more manageable for a reader. But after going through the tips on this list, your paper should be adequate in length without you having to even consider spacing.
EasyBib Writing Resources
Writing a paper.
- Academic Essay
- Argumentative Essay
- College Admissions Essay
- Expository Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Research Paper
- Thesis Statement
- Writing a Conclusion
- Writing an Introduction
- Writing an Outline
- Writing a Summary
EasyBib Plus Features
- Citation Generator
- Essay Checker
- Expert Check Proofreader
- Grammar Checker
- Paraphrasing Tools
- Spell Checker
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Grammar and Plagiarism Checkers
Upload a paper to check for plagiarism against billions of sources and get advanced writing suggestions for clarity and style.
- EXPLORE Coupons Tech Help Pro Random Article About Us Quizzes Contribute Train Your Brain Game Improve Your English Popular Categories Arts and Entertainment Artwork Books Movies Computers and Electronics Computers Phone Skills Technology Hacks Health Men's Health Mental Health Women's Health Relationships Dating Love Relationship Issues Hobbies and Crafts Crafts Drawing Games Education & Communication Communication Skills Personal Development Studying Personal Care and Style Fashion Hair Care Personal Hygiene Youth Personal Care School Stuff Dating All Categories Arts and Entertainment Finance and Business Home and Garden Relationship Quizzes Cars & Other Vehicles Food and Entertaining Personal Care and Style Sports and Fitness Computers and Electronics Health Pets and Animals Travel Education & Communication Hobbies and Crafts Philosophy and Religion Work World Family Life Holidays and Traditions Relationships Youth
- HELP US Support wikiHow Community Dashboard Write an Article Request a New Article More Ideas...
- EDIT Edit this Article
- PRO Courses New Tech Help Pro New Expert Videos About wikiHow Pro Coupons Quizzes Upgrade Sign In
- Browse Articles
- Quizzes New
- Train Your Brain New
- Improve Your English New
- Support wikiHow
- About wikiHow
- Easy Ways to Help
- Approve Questions
- Fix Spelling
- More Things to Try...
- H&M Coupons
- Hotwire Promo Codes
- StubHub Discount Codes
- Ashley Furniture Coupons
- Blue Nile Promo Codes
- NordVPN Coupons
- Samsung Promo Codes
- Chewy Promo Codes
- Ulta Coupons
- Vistaprint Promo Codes
- Shutterfly Promo Codes
- DoorDash Promo Codes
- Office Depot Coupons
- adidas Promo Codes
- Home Depot Coupons
- DSW Coupons
- Bed Bath and Beyond Coupons
- Lowe's Coupons
- Surfshark Coupons
- Nordstrom Coupons
- Walmart Promo Codes
- Dick's Sporting Goods Coupons
- Fanatics Coupons
- Edible Arrangements Coupons
- eBay Coupons
- Log in / Sign up
- Education and Communications
- College University and Postgraduate
- Academic Writing
How to Make an Essay Appear Longer Than It Is
Last Updated: January 31, 2023 References Approved
This article was co-authored by Jake Adams . Jake Adams is an academic tutor and the owner of Simplifi EDU, a Santa Monica, California based online tutoring business offering learning resources and online tutors for academic subjects K-College, SAT & ACT prep, and college admissions applications. With over 14 years of professional tutoring experience, Jake is dedicated to providing his clients the very best online tutoring experience and access to a network of excellent undergraduate and graduate-level tutors from top colleges all over the nation. Jake holds a BS in International Business and Marketing from Pepperdine University. There are 7 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. wikiHow marks an article as reader-approved once it receives enough positive feedback. This article received 12 testimonials and 100% of readers who voted found it helpful, earning it our reader-approved status. This article has been viewed 1,749,331 times.
You are writing a paper and the deadline is approaching, but you are nowhere near the page limit. Many students find themselves in this position. Luckily for you, you can lengthen your paper by using a few tricks. Increasing the font size, adding a lengthy header, and manipulating the spacing between lines are just a few strategies you can use to make your essay appear longer. However, be aware that breaking your teacher’s guidelines may result in a lower grade.
Playing with the Font
- Don’t pick a very large font like Arial Black or Lucida Handwriting. Your teacher will notice that you are trying to make your essay longer by choosing a larger font.
Manipulating Spacing and Margins
- If the increase is too noticeable, then try 1.15 or 1.1 instead.
- Because all documents are left justified, avoid increasing the left margin. Adjusting the left margin will produce a noticeable change that your teacher will detect.
Adjusting the Header and Footer
Expanding the Content
- Additionally, if you are quoting or paraphrasing research or literature, make sure to cite it properly. Citations can add extra length to a paper as well.
- Expand your introductory paragraph with an attention-getting statement to hook the reader in.
- However, try to avoid being descriptive when it is unnecessary since this may cause your paper to appear embellished or sound verbose.
- Copy and paste your paper into a new document. Make these changes to the new document. Then compare and contrast the document with the changes to the original document. Remove any adjustments that seem obvious. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Use a thesaurus to find longer synonyms to use in place of shorter ones. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Spell out abbreviations; for example, write out “United States" instead of using "US." ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 0 Not Helpful 0
- Be aware that breaking your teacher’s guidelines may be considered cheating, which may result in a lower grade or even a zero. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 9 Not Helpful 1
- Don't be redundant. ⧼thumbs_response⧽ Helpful 3 Not Helpful 1
You Might Also Like
- ↑ https://www.paperhelp.org/blog/how-to-make-a-paper-longer.html
- ↑ https://www.jakebinstein.com/blog/how-to-make-an-essay-look-longer/
- ↑ https://studentshare.org/study-guides/how-to-make-your-essay-look-longer
- ↑ http://www.seventeen.com/life/school/advice/a27491/tricks-you-try-to-make-your-school-paper-longer/
- ↑ https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-make-paper-longer-793288
About This Article
To make an essay appear longer than it is, pick a font that's slightly larger than Times New Roman, like Arial, Courier New, or Cambria. If you're required to use 12-point font, try increase the font to 12.1 or 12.2 to gain some extra length without the font looking noticeably larger. Then, press on Control and the F key at the same time to activate the find and replace function, and replace all of the commas and periods with 14-point font. If the essay still isn't long enough, increase the line spacing by 0.1 or 0.2 and make the right margin 0.1-0.2 inches larger. For tips on adjusting the header and footer or adding more content to your essay, read on! Did this summary help you? Yes No
- Send fan mail to authors
Reader Success Stories
Nov 19, 2018
Did this article help you?
Dec 7, 2017
May 22, 2017
Aug 10, 2016
May 27, 2017
- Do Not Sell or Share My Info
- Not Selling Info
wikiHow Tech Help Pro:
Develop the tech skills you need for work and life
Increasingly Verbose Generator – Make Your Paper Longer
Want more than free paraphrasing tools can offer?
Why You Need Verbose Sentence Generator
If you just don’t have the time or the writing skills to make a paper longer a verbose generator can do it for you. This ensures you’ll never have to submit work is just not long enough for a tutor. The extremely verbose generator is very simple to use and very effective even if you need to add a considerable amount of extra content to your writing to get to the length expected of you.
How to Use Our Generator
Reaching the required page does not have to be impossible or take you all night if you make use of simple verbose text generator. The content inflator is quick and simple to use. Simply either attach writing as a file or copy and paste the article into the box provided. Then click the box to say you are not a robot and select the option to extend it. The verbose sentence generator increases the length of the content by adding a modifier, replacing phrases with longer ones and other techniques to make writing longer.
The Advantages of Using Sentence Maker
A sentence extender is almost instant and you’ll have extended paper ready to use in no time at all saving you potentially hours of work if you had to work if you tried to extend manually. It is totally free to use and could not be any simpler. This is almost certainly the quickest and most effective way to get longer writing with a minimum of effort on your part.
- The increasingly verbose meme generator then creates new sentences in a different structure and fills them out in such a way the essay flows smoothly and boosts your paper.
- The specialized generator then makes sure that every punctuation mark and the sentence is accurate with no-fault.
- An increasingly verbose generator would be much more capable of helping with a large range of different materials.
- It is able to distinguish among various types of phrases structures different types of materials.
Some Tips on How to Make Any Paper Longer
Rather than simply adding in extra modifiers and using longer ways of saying things there are better ways of extending your writing may even assist you to gain better grades if done well. The following tips support you with your writing:
- Use examples to illustrate any points you have made in your writing: this not only adds extra words it also strengthens any argument you have made.
- Look at an alternative viewpoint: is there a counter-argument you could address goes against what you have said. Showing things from more than one angle could also boost the grades you receive.
- Clarify what you have said: if you don’t have an example then simply clarifying your initial point could boost the phrases you have used. Do not try to do this with every statement you have made, however.
- Add additional sources of information: while this may require you to do additional research it would not only assist you to meet the length it also boosts your understanding of the subject.
- Use quotations: as with examples, using what someone else has had to say on the subject can make your essay more effective while adding in those much-needed words.
- Refresh your introduction or conclusion: often these two sections are more open to the use of filler to boost your paper.
Our Experts Would Extend Your Essay
All of the support that is provided by our experts is unique and also proofread to eliminate any possible errors. We always deliver to you on time and cover our work with a full satisfaction money-back guarantee.
- Unlimited revisions. We want each of customers writing to be precise as you need it to be, additionally, we make any amendments and you feel might be required to reach your own full satisfaction with this service.
- Expert support. Team of professionals takes their time to produce the very best results for the work. Rest assured, papers are taken care of by a professional team.
- Original. Experts understand the value of completely unique work when improving your writing. All rewritten documents would be provided with a 0% chance of plagiarism.
- Never late. Regardless of how quickly customers need assistance you always receive ready result finished within the arranged timeframe.
- Money-back warranty. This choice is established on your own full satisfaction with professional writing services.
- Affordable. Services are available to everyone, from school students to professional lawyers. Writing services are highly affordable, low on price and high on quality.
Meet your experts’ requirements for length with the support of our highly effective and quick service!
Get expert online paraphrasing now!
Custom Essay, Term Paper & Research paper writing services
Toll Free: +1 (888) 354-4744
Email: [email protected]
Writing custom essays & research papers since 2008
How to make a paper longer: ideas that will help any student.
Maybe you want to know how to make a paper longer because you’ve been researching and writing the essay without reaching the word or page count your teacher needs. Maybe you’re getting desperate because it looks like you might not achieve this goal. That’s because you’ve tried to be fluffy with descriptions, paying with words, and rewriting your sentences, but nothing seems to work. Luckily, you’ve come across this article where you will learn tips for making a paper longer.
The length of academic papers varies depending on the subject and educational level. Some courses have specific requirements, and departmental guidelines can also affect the size of academic writing. Nevertheless, most teachers and professors provide guidelines for the number of pages or words to write.
In most cases, the length of an academic paper is a range instead of an exact figure. For instance, your educator can ask you to write between 2500 and 3000 words or 10 and 12 pages. The length of most high school papers ranges between 200 and 1000 words. College admission essays range between 200 and 650 words, while undergraduate essays range from 1500 to 5000 terms. Graduate school admission essays can range between 500 and 1000 words, while graduate school essays’ word count range from 2500 to 6000.
Many students want to learn tricks to make a paper longer because they struggle to meet the word count that their colleges, teachers, or departments specify. And this is mainly the case when a learner is juggling multiple assignments and exams. Nevertheless, increasing a paper’s length shouldn’t be an agonizing process. All you need are tips for adding depth and clarity to your writing.
How to Make Your Paper Longer by Expanding Some Sections
You can make your paper longer by expanding some sections.
For instance, you can go back to the conclusion and the introduction sections to see if you have included all relevant details.
In most cases, ideas can hit your mind when writing the paper. If you started this task by writing an introduction, you could revisit this section to see if you might want to add anything.
Maybe you decided to leave out some information, yet it can help the readers comprehend your argument. In that case, include this data to see if it will extend the length of your paper. Also, check the conclusion to ensure it summarizes all the main points of your essay. Additionally, make sure that your concluding section provides a solution that readers can consider. Don’t hesitate to revise these sections if you feel like you can add something after reading the conclusion and the introduction.
Use Your Rubric or Prompt to Make a Paper Longer
Perhaps, your supervisor or educator provided a comprehensive rubric or prompt for the paper. In that case, read it a second or a third time to determine whether you’ve included everything the assignment requires.
Consider the following after reading your rubric or prompt:
- Does the paper answer every question in the essay rubric or prompt?
- Does my essay provide adequate supporting evidence backing up every claim in it?
- Does the paper meet all requirements, apart from the length?
- Does my writing leave out vital information that can boost the reader’s comprehension of my argument?
If you don’t answer any of these questions with a decisive “yes,” revise the paper to ensure that it provides the best response to your essay prompt.
How to Increase Paper Length Using the Format
The format or outline of a paper is more than a guide for writing an academic essay. When looking for the sections that you can take longer, consider reviewing the structure of your writing.
Looking at your paper outline can help you identify vital points that you might have overlooked. You can also notice issues that you have not developed sufficiently and adequately. Thus, you can identify concepts that you want to go back and clarify further.
Also, you can find paragraphs that deserve breaking down and introducing new ideas. When you break down each section, you can explain their primary points and provide supporting evidence. And such acts will increase your paper’s word count.
If your paper has longer paragraphs, you can break them down to boost the world count. And this can help you if the page count is the primary issue. Breaking up sections in your paper is easy, and it makes it more readable.
Essential Tips on How to Make an Essay Longer
Maybe you’ve exhausted every detail of your topic, but the page count doesn’t correspond to your professor’s criteria. In that case, try these tricks to extend your paper’s length.
- Change the font size: If the educator didn’t specify the font size for your paper, consider using a larger one. Also, use fonts like Cambria, Bangla Sangam MN, and Courier New that make a document seem longer. However, avoid exaggerating by using fonts like Arial Black or Lucida Handwriting. That’s because the professor will notice that you’re trying to give your paper a long appearance by using a larger font. Also, you can adjust your font size from 11pt to 11.5pt.
- Use periods and commas: One of the best ways to make your paper longer without the educator noticing is by enlarging periods and commas. To do this, press control +F on your keyboard. This command will prompt the computer to display the “Find” and “Replace” that you can use to select 11pt periods and commas and then change them to 12pt.
- Change spacing: You can also make your paper look longer by changing the spacing between sentences. If the educator requires you to double or single-space the document, open “Format” and then “Paragraph.” This command will prompt the computer to display the line “Spacing” option. Using this option, select “Multiple” and then enter 1.1 or 2.1 inside the box.
- Scale down the margin: You can also scale down the paper margin on the right side. To ensure the educator won’t notice, adjust by a quarter. For instance, if the educator requires your paper to have a 1.5cm margin, scale it down to 0.9cm. To do this, click “Format” followed by “Document.” Once the box appears near the right side of the paper, enter 0.9. That way, you can extend the paper length without noticeable changes. However, don’t reduce the margin on the left side of the paper. That’s because educators use the left margin to justify documents. Thus, altering the left margin can give your essay a visible change.
- Expand the bottom margin: You can also make your essay appear longer by increasing the bottom margin. Find a box next to the “Bottom” in the document and enter 1.25. If this is too visible, reduce it to 1.15. That way, your paper can look longer, and the educator won’t notice the large bottom margin.
- Expand words spacing: Expanding the space between words is also another practical tip on how to make a paper seem longer. Open “Font” followed by “Advanced” to do this. Once the “Expanded” box appears, enter 1.6 adjacent to the “By” button.
- Increase the header: You can increase the page count of your paper by expanding the paper header. To do this, include the title, name, course number, date, lecturer’s name, email, and student ID. Ideally, you can increase the length of your paper by including more information in the header. You can also double-space sentences in this section to give your essay a long look.
- Center the title: Your paper title should appear below the header. To make your paper seem longer, place it at the center and expand its font size. Also, use double space between the header and the title. The same should apply to the first paragraph and heading.
- Add a footer page: The footer page includes numbers that make the paper appear longer.
These are practical tips on how to increase page count for an academic paper. However, read your educator’s instructions carefully to ensure that you do everything without going against them.
How to Make Your Essay Longer with Your Writing Style
If working with periods, commas, and spacing doesn’t help, check your writing style. Ideally, you can use words to make your essay longer.
Here are tips on how to extend paper length with words:
- When using a number with a value below ten, spell it out. For example, you can spell two instead of using the numeral. That way, you can make the paper longer while keeping it professional because formal writing requires authors to spell out numerals.
- When writing something formal like a research paper, academic guidelines require you to avoid shortening words. Therefore, you can extend the length of your essay by writing words. For instance, you can write “will not” instead of “won’t” and “do not” rather than “don’t.”
- Include a short conclusion for every paragraph. Perhaps, this is the most effective tip on how to make essays longer because it enables you to add your paper’s word count. Ideally, you can summarize the main point in a paragraph and then give an opinion.
- You can also extend your paper’s length by using more descriptions in a capstone paper. When you provide new information, give definitions, explanations, specific numbers, people’s names, and dates.
- Use names to replace names. For instance, you can use Donald Trump and Barack Obama instead of replacing them with “they.” Nevertheless, be careful to avoid exaggerating with this tip.
- Using more transitional phrases can also make your essay seem longer. What’s more, transitional words enable you to move from one idea to another naturally. And this increases the paper length while making your thoughts easy for the readers to follow. Therefore, read the paper to see whether you can add transitional phrases to make your thoughts and sentences flow better. Most graders look for transitional phrases and words when marking academic papers. Therefore, use them to make your sentences clearer and link everything together.
- You can also make your paper look longer by adding more examples. For instance, you can add an example to every argument, idea, or paragraph. Also, you can use quotations to elaborate ideas or support a position. Ideally, you can think about ways to make every point by demonstrating instead of telling your readers.
Get Professional Help to Make Your Paper Seem Longer
Maybe you’ve tried to write a high-quality and captivating paper, but your attempt to make it longer seems to ruin its quality. The submission deadline for your essay might also be fast-approaching, yet you have other things to do as you work on your writing assignments. Such situations can make you feel desperate, thinking you can’t get rapid assistance with your paper.
However, you can use a paper writing service to submit a quality paper with the help of professionals. Our crew offers the best writing service online to make completing any paper assignment easy. If stuck with your project, contact us and say something like, “make my paper longer.” We guarantee you a reliable, professional, and affordable service when handling your write my paper request!
As Putin continues killing civilians, bombing kindergartens, and threatening WWIII, Ukraine fights for the world's peaceful future.
Text Inflator is a tool that expands the length of a block of writing without adding any additional meaning. Simply paste your paper, essay, report, article, speech, paragraph, or any other block of English writing below and choose a desperation setting.
Paste your paper into the box below Hit the "Expand" button Use the sliders to expand the paper to how you like it After hitting submit, your UNEXPANDED paper will appear below. Change the length by moving the four sliders below. Expand here Empty space between letters: Period Size: Comma Size: T Size: A quick video tutorial
To make your paper even better (and longer), make sure you have at least one quotation from the text—if not more—to support your examples. (And be careful about citing your quotations accurately, too.) Add Some Examples to Your Paper Add an additional example to each paragraph/argument/idea.
Here are 10 tips on how you can write a longer and a smarter essay, even if the deadline is fast approaching: Tip #1: Look Back at Your Prompt/Rubric/etc. If you’ve been provided a comprehensive prompt or rubric for an essay, read it, and read it again. Think about the following: Turn in your best paper
How to Make an Essay Appear Longer Than It Is Download Article methods 1 Playing with the Font 2 Manipulating Spacing and Margins 3 Adjusting the Header and Footer + Show 1 more... Other Sections Questions & Answers Related Articles References Article Summary Co-authored by Jake Adams Last Updated: January 31, 2023 References Approved
Increasingly Verbose Generator – Make Your Paper Longer 1. Paste text 2. Click paraphrase 3. Get the final result Paraphrase Manual Paraphrasing Is a Much Safer and More Legal Method TO BEAT TURNITIN! Original Writing Proved by a Report Quality Proven Results by Editors 1-Hour Turnaround is Available No Missed Deadlines Money-Back Policy
To make your paper seem longer, place it at the center and expand its font size. Also, use double space between the header and the title. The same should apply to the first paragraph and heading. Add a footer page: The footer page includes numbers that make the paper appear longer.